FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
leaving unwanted bands
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: leaving unwanted bands Reply with quote

first off, i understand the whole point in having a limit of bands you can be in is so the person will donate to get an extra spot...but..

for those of us who have no way of donating...how come we can't just delete all the scores in the band if we don't want to be in it anymore? it would prevent people (such as myself) from making new accounts and using those for new bands...and i know making new accounts just for bands is frowned upon and all.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the reason we can't delete bands then it would be nice if we could just delete the band and not regain the slot. I dont mind paying for more slots I just hate this old unusable band with no scores taking up space.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people continually delete bands that have legitimate scores posted, it will undermine the accuracy of the leaderboards. The idea is to get as many bands on the leaderboard as possible to accurately depict ranking. If the second best 4 person band gets disbanded, then everyone artificially would move up a place.

EDIT: and no one has "no way of donating."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
duck  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
If people continually delete bands that have legitimate scores posted, it will undermine the accuracy of the leaderboards. The idea is to get as many bands on the leaderboard as possible to accurately depict ranking. If the second best 4 person band gets disbanded, then everyone artificially would move up a place.

i dont have a credit card.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
IWillKickU wrote:

He probably meant "no way of getting contribution points," as there's still the option to do some proofing (which anyone can really do).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I give a few contribution points to Duck? I have no use for the ones I have, since there's no stats image yet.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:

See previous posts, OP and I both were referring specifically to bands which had no scores posted.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
See previous posts, OP and I both were referring specifically to bands which had no scores posted.

No, he was talking about people deleting their scores.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually CAN delete bands that don't have any scores posted. I did this just a few weeks ago. But once you post (even if the score is deleted) you're stuck with that band forever. See my first post for why this is necessary.

But if you've never posted a score you can disband and get your team slot back.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
duck  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
You actually CAN delete bands that don't have any scores posted. I did this just a few weeks ago. But once you post (even if the score is deleted) you're stuck with that band forever. See my first post for why this is necessary.

But if you've never posted a score you can disband and get your team slot back.

yeah that's what i meant..i was talking about deleting scores that were already posting and then deleting the band all together.
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And like I said earlier, if you delete legitimate scores, it artificially raises other bands in the rankings. Just because your band broke up doesn't mean you never achieved that score. You set a mark with that score that others who are below you are aiming to break. The only scores that should be deleted are scores with typos, or scores that are illigitimate.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:

You must be the only person in the world who doesn't get a dozen offers for a credit card every month.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
duck wrote:

You must be the only person in the world who doesn't get a dozen offers for a credit card every month.

I dont get any of those offers...

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matt276  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
And like I said earlier, if you delete legitimate scores, it artificially raises other bands in the rankings. Just because your band broke up doesn't mean you never achieved that score. You set a mark with that score that others who are below you are aiming to break. The only scores that should be deleted are scores with typos, or scores that are illigitimate.

I don't really agree with this. All Scorehero leaderboards are already "artificial" in the sense that scores have been obtained on songs and not entered. There's an implicit understanding that if you're ranked 100th on a song, you might not (and almost definitely don't) have the 100th best score on the song. Scorehero leaderboards are entirely relative, and deleting scores doesn't really affect anything.

By your logic, deciding not to enter a new best score on a song (including any song played in BQP, since you probably haven't even played the song with that band before) is also bad. Sorry, this just doesn't make sense.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt276 wrote:
IWillKickU wrote:

I don't really agree with this. All Scorehero leaderboards are already "artificial" in the sense that scores have been obtained on songs and not entered. There's an implicit understanding that if you're ranked 100th on a song, you might not (and almost definitely don't) have the 100th best score on the song. Scorehero leaderboards are entirely relative, and deleting scores doesn't really affect anything.

By your logic, deciding not to enter a new best score on a song (including any song played in BQP, since you probably haven't even played the song with that band before) is also bad. Sorry, this just doesn't make sense.

I also have to agree with Matt on this as well, he brings up a perfectly valid point which I think is very important.

beingmused wrote:
Can I give a few contribution points to Duck? I have no use for the ones I have, since there's no stats image yet.

You're not allowed to give other members points. i forget the actual reason for it but a while ago a member said they would give me a few points (it was like 10 maybe) and they had a bundle so we both figured it was no big deal but they wernt allowed to. It has happened in a special case I know about but that was different, and quite a while ago. Granted you can donate to the site and then give those points to someone else (which is hat they did, god love them). I assume that you can still do that, maybe it was a one time only thing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: