FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 2 Score Tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
echorocks  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a ps3 so i cant play it. crap i have enough money its just the stupid date

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. While not entirely relevant to RB2, it does have something to do with a recent release.

Is there going to be Score Tracking for the 9 European Tracks for the PS2/Wii versions of Rock Band 1? There's no DLC option for them, so there's nowhere to put the scores up apart from an individual Section.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this up so quickly guys! The "Rock Band Imported" section was a great idea. And yeah, a new "game" for DLC would really help with cleaning it up...there's already a ton of DLC, and there's going to be a lot freaking more.

I still don't get my game until Wednesday or something since I pre-ordered through Amazon...but oh well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I can't wait more to buy Rock Band 2.

But I'm brazilian, and here I can't find the game to buy anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only like 2 hours till i can get it. like 3 or 4 till i can probaly play it. dammit im so excited
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: A7xmetal182
someguy913  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but it does have to do with RB2 and score tracking, kind of.

So, for all the songs that you can play on RB2, since the RB2 stock kit comes with two pedal jacks, does that mean that using two pedals no longer invalidates competitive scores?

That sentence was a bit confusing...let's try again.

Since it seems to be now allowed by Harmonix, will using 2 pedals be legal for RB2?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, the double pedal jack is an expansion slot that is currently disabled. Functionality will be patched in later on once songs come available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
someguy913  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
To clarify, the double pedal jack is an expansion slot that is currently disabled. Functionality will be patched in later on once songs come available.

So... to clarify, is that a yes or a no for those who have the double-pedal circuit or some other form of it? Since the intention is there but not the functionality... I guess I'd just like to know one way or the other.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can guitar/bass DLC scores not transfer from 1 to 2? I understand why it's not the same the reverse way for upcoming DLC being played in RB1 (hammer-on chords, bass solos, etc.), but there doesn't seem to be anything making the older scores now invalid or skewed in any way.

I've tested tick consistency a few times, on Charlene, and it seems to be the same.

As the #1 ranked player across all expert guitar DLC, this absolutely kills me. Hundreds of hours put into perfecting those scores already.

I think there should be just one section for DLC. If it happens to be that you can only get the highest score on RB2 for some songs, that's a shame, but it's a small price to pay. I don't see any situation where the highest score would only be obtainable on RB1, though.
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
Why can guitar/bass DLC scores not transfer from 1 to 2? I understand why it's not the same the reverse way for upcoming DLC being played in RB1 (hammer-on chords, bass solos, etc.), but there doesn't seem to be anything making the older scores now invalid or skewed in any way.

I've tested tick consistency a few times, on Charlene, and it seems to be the same.

As the #1 ranked player across all expert guitar DLC, this absolutely kills me. Hundreds of hours put into perfecting those scores already.

I think there should be just one section for DLC. If it happens to be that you can only get the highest score on RB2 for some songs, that's a shame, but it's a small price to pay. I don't see any situation where the highest score would only be obtainable on RB1, though.

Agreed. And I'm not sure why any drum scores, RB1 or DLC, would be invalid. No one's reported any drum solos added to old songs.
elx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:
Abomstar wrote:

Agreed. And I'm not sure why any drum scores, RB1 or DLC, would be invalid. No one's reported any drum solos added to old songs.

Me and ajanata have already confirmed that the window for drum fills to appear is decreased in RB2, at least on expert, which will cause for new paths to be possible, many of which may be better.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:

Me and ajanata have already confirmed that the window for drum fills to appear is decreased in RB2, at least on expert, which will cause for new paths to be possible, many of which may be better.

That can't conceivably cause scores done on the RB1 engine to be BETTER than those done in RB2, even with a shorter fill window, correct?

Really the only situation where some scores could be possibly better under RB1 are single player vocals scores, given the change to overdrive drop. So, theoretically, nothing done multiplayer, or guitar/bass/drums would be a score that is unfair under the RB2 engine.

HOWEVER, since singleplayer vocals would definitely have to start from scratch, I think it is fair that all things should be done over as well. So I support the non transfer of scores; it just isn't theoretically necessary for most instruments/scenarios.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
elx wrote:

That can't conceivably cause scores done on the RB1 engine to be BETTER than those done in RB2, even with a shorter fill window, correct?

That's not what he's saying, he's saying the distance between having OD available and when a fill section can appear is decreased which means some activations are possible in RB2 that aren't in RB1. But it doesn't even matter if the highest possible scores in RB2 were less than RB1. All that matters is that they're different and therefore not comparable with one another.

As far as guitar/bass, with the addition of forced HO/POs, certain parts are now easier in RB2. Whether or not this applies to all the DLC prior to RB2 I'm not sure, but it doesn't really make sense to combine a subset of songs for guitar/bass and then split apart everything else. To prevent complications and knowing that either game can be individually patched in the future to create more differences, we're going to keep things separated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is noobie but what are forced hopos? And also is there a website where I can see my scores for rb2? Cuz the in-game stats are so confusing since there's no solo tour..
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I have a question. While not entirely relevant to RB2, it does have something to do with a recent release.

Is there going to be Score Tracking for the 9 European Tracks for the PS2/Wii versions of Rock Band 1? There's no DLC option for them, so there's nowhere to put the scores up apart from an individual Section.

Sorry these weren't up earlier, I've now added a tier for the PS2 and Wii versions of Rock Band with the 9 European Exclusives tracks.

CoffeeBeans wrote:
Sorry if this is noobie but what are forced hopos? And also is there a website where I can see my scores for rb2? Cuz the in-game stats are so confusing since there's no solo tour..

Forced HO/POs are hammer-on/pull-off notes that can be written into the note chart on a per-note basis. In RB1 it was all automatic such that if two notes were close enough together, the second would be a HO/PO, and if not, it would be strummed. Now the Harmonix note charters can manually change some of the strum notes into HO/POs as well.

As far as a website, I imagine rockband.com/leaderboards will also have the RB2 songs up at some point, but you can always track your stats here.

Last edited by JCirri on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: