FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/9 DLC- All That Remains Pack 01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtownwhiteboy92  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched two of the songs drums, and all i can say is

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA stop being so damn awesome, no one cares
XyberDeath  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiron Bass

Two Weeks bass

The last one isn't processed yet, and both of them are recorded in band quickplay. I hope they will be good enough.
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't expect very much out of this pack on guitar, I just thought it may be a good choice to get them because they sounded somewhat challenging.

This instantly became my favorite pack EVER for guitar. I love playing every song. The gallops are really fun to hit, the HO/PO parts make it all a blast, and there are excellent solos in every single song.

The songs are pretty tough. I'd rank them like this from easiest to hardest: This Calling, Chiron, Two Weeks. None of them are extremely hard to GS, each one took me a few tries. If the GS cut-off hadn't been lowered, though, it would have been much harder.

Highlights:

This Calling - Mainly hard for the gallops, but they're really fun. There's some slow alt-strumming chords in the choruses, which I really like. I also find the solo to be very fun, and somewhat challenging.

Chiron - This song is really fun. There really isn't a part that isn't much fun. The verses are really enjoyable, and the pre-chorus is even more of a blast. Really fun solo, although it's pretty hard also. This is probably my favorite, but I think I may like Two Weeks more.

Two Weeks - Extremely fun verses. I love going from the HO/POs to the gallops, it never gets boring. And the solo. Oh, the solo. Zig-zags ahoy! I kept screwing up on the GRYOYRG ziggies, and it pissed me off. And holy shit at those trills! Really fast. I love this song, this and Chiron are probably tied for the most fun songs in the pack, and possibly, in the game IMHO.

I'm going to try to be the first to FC the entire pack (lol), but I'll probably fail miserably. Hoping to atleast get the first Two Weeks FC. plzplzplz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for thursday this pack sounds insane on the drums (not watching any vids for true sightreads)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: KEFIOX
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedevilsreject wrote:
Does anyone know how fast the trills on two weeks solo are...roughly. I can't touch them, way too hard for me.

Well...

220 BPM / 60 = 3.66666667

3.66666667 * 6 = 22

22 NPS... The trills are overcharted to hell and back though. They should only be 11 NPS. Although I'm kind of happy it was made like this, more challenge. ._.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw this and actully took and intake of breath 1st time ever for summat rock band related. Dam y have a squandered all my MS points and cash must w8 till friday
This is my favorite gameplay advice ever.

"Just relax and pretend you're slaughtering Native Americans."
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah finally a pack worth buying, the past 3 have been sort of... meh.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
RickyGeddes  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: THIS CALLING Reply with quote

this calling on drums is OMG

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: x pearl jam xx
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some murderous drum songs. I failed Chiron my first time, failed This Calling at 12% the first time, and barely survived Two Weeks. Chiron and Two Weeks are relatively easy though, just one really hard part in each. This Calling is just insane. At least I passed all 3 in the end. These songs have everything though: super fast bass pedal, crazy rolls, tricky patterns.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
echorocks  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merad wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jNnFr7on4

Two weeks, expert drums again from Jarr3tt88.

edit: some weird jumping around in this one
well there goes my chance at beating these songs exept for two weeks if i tried i could nail it im not that good just beat rtth 70% expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedevilsreject wrote:
Does anyone know how fast the trills on two weeks solo are...roughly. I can't touch them, way too hard for me.

Oops red it wrong, I'll try it seeing how i do on guitar anyways lol

Last edited by Chris9092 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
echorocks  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Did these a couple hours ago.

This Calling should have been FCed on my sightread, but I choked the outro. It took another dozen tries, but I got it.

Chiron FC. It took....5-10 tries. I can't remember.
All I have to say is OH...MY...GOD!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
Just played the new songs on X drums. All in all, a somewhat fun week (just because I'm not a fan of double-bass stuff... I find it boring and painful), but a GREAT buy if any drummers are looking for a tough challenge.

The pack can easily be described as "owww", but I had a good run on each of the songs, including a miracle run on "This Calling": -1 on the insta-fail intro, hit all ODs, and FCed the blue streak. Questionable OD, but got this:

Could've done a bit better on Chiron, but happy with it for now:

And first gold on Two Weeks:

wow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
thetony55  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg these songs are awesome on the guitar and i just tried them on the drums and i think they charted the double bass which is awesome too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: