FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Panic Attack Intro: The 5-7% curse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midean  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Panic Attack Intro: The 5-7% curse Reply with quote

I can get into panic attack decently, until 5-7%. Here, I consistently fail. Whether it's transitioning back to the GR/RB notes with bass, or when it becomes the RB with single bass, nothing I do is getting me past this. I've played it for about 45 minutes tonight and 8% is the farthest I've gotten. Any ideas on how to remedy my situation?
Ion Kit, with Ion Pedal.
homerdough  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU'RE HITTING THE REDS.

Just spam the pedal but not too much o you dont overhit too much and die.

And for the RB Bass part, do one or two basses between every three RBs.

Its not an everytime pass for me yet, but I got 200k on it and im damn proud of that.

Just when you get through the intro, be wary of the odd riff in the middle and maybe the outro.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Panic Attack Intro: The 5-7% curse Reply with quote

Midean wrote:
I can get into panic attack decently, until 5-7%. Here, I consistently fail. Whether it's transitioning back to the GR/RB notes with bass, or when it becomes the RB with single bass, nothing I do is getting me past this. I've played it for about 45 minutes tonight and 8% is the farthest I've gotten. Any ideas on how to remedy my situation?
Ion Kit, with Ion Pedal.

For the transition back to the GR/RB notes after the other part, you can try just skipping the last GB of the middle pattern. It'll give you time to prepare to go back to mashing the bass pedal, and doesn't cost too much on your meter.

For the last part with the alternating bass notes, focus on staying in rhythm. It works best if you can just get the rhythm and go on autopilot. It's hard, but sometimes it can just click. Trying it in practice mode, or playing similar parts (such as the end of Give It All, or if you want something slower, the chorus of Almost Easy) could also help. If that doesn't work, try skipping some of the bass notes like homerdough said.
bondy3  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont double hit the bass pedal, if you put all your effort on double hitting it will make you miss alot of notes, just work on single hitting with your foot between each hit with your hands.

Also, I finally got to be able to do this by playing it in practice mode at 50% over and over and over again untill I could get it, if you get 100% on the into twice in a row, move on to 60% speed, then if you can get 100% on the intro twice in a row then move onto 70% speed, it only takes like 26 seconds or so to play so if your good you should move up fast, it will get you used to the motion of the OO OO OO O O O O OO OO OO O O O O OO OO OO O O O O, (thats the pedal part)

practice mode is your friend
Midean  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have known this song and love it, which is why I'm so frustrated I can't hit it.

Thanks for the help, all. I'll work on it when I'm playing with some people later tonight, and I should be able to get it.
Snipingkid  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the pattern and you'll eventually nail it.
alxurmom  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heel toe ftw with this intro, especially with the ion pedal. I used to be in the same situation as you when i first got the game, but once i figured out how to do heel toe on the ion pedal, i can fc the intro every time. If you don't know what heel toe is look it up on google.
Kelthink  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is 'don't try the double kicks' (just hit one of them), only kick the first of the two each time.

Update scores in list: [ ]

That's it
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know the song, and know the part, focus on playing with the music instead of watching every note in the chart.
MrDukkie  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what I do for the Painkiller intro:

Hit only one of the pedals. Hopefully you can get that fill in the middle, after going into practice mode once or twice, you learn the pattern pretty quickly, it's a simple one when done right.

For the 7% part, when it gets to just one pedal, pads, pedal, pads... Just hit all of them. To be honest, for some reason, leaning forwards, almost on top of my drum kit, helps me do better in this section. No idea why, it just does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: