FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Gold Star Cutoffs (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyzorz  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picchio73 wrote:
so , my career score will be updated if i get automatically new GS after the patch?

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyzorz wrote:
picchio73 wrote:
so , my career score will be updated if i get automatically new GS after the patch?

What do you mean?

if my actual score in Maps is 187k (no GS) when i apply the patch my score is enough to get the GS (the new cutoff is 183,173).
my career score will be increased?
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picchio73 wrote:
if my actual score in Maps is 187k (no GS) when i apply the patch my score is enough to get the GS (the new cutoff is 183,173), my career score will be increased?

I'm confused. For what reason?

Once you hit Gold Stars, even if it's not as high as your old score was, the old one will change to Gold.

That doesn't mean you got a higher top score on the song, so it will still use the old score on the high score list. There's no reason your career score would be affected at all by that - Gold is just a symbol, not something that increases your score.
picchio73  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
picchio73 wrote:
if my actual score in Maps is 187k (no GS) when i apply the patch my score is enough to get the GS (the new cutoff is 183,173), my career score will be increased?

I'm confused. For what reason?

Once you hit Gold Stars, even if it's not as high as your old score was, the old one will change to Gold.

That doesn't mean you got a higher top score on the song, so it will still use the old score on the high score list. There's no reason your career score would be affected at all by that - Gold is just a symbol, not something that increases your score.

thanks!

i thought that a GS means more points than a non GS
picchio73  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little problem...
after the patch, some 5* must become GS but nothing happens...i did the songs again, get GS but no points added...why?
yzerman  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picchio73 wrote:
a little problem...
after the patch, some 5* must become GS but nothing happens...i did the songs again, get GS but no points added...why?

Appreciate the bump, but wrong thread - If you don't see a thread about what you are asking, make a new thread.

To answer your question: You have to get a higher score for the score to update.

I.E. if you get 100,000 and no GS pre-patch and post patch the GS Cutoff is 95,000, and you get the gold star at 96,000, your 100,000 score remains, but the 5 stars are converted to gold.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, awesome thread, thanks for these! Gives us mediocre drummers more hope of snagging a few more golds.

Just to quickly confirm that the pre-patch gold star cutoff for Cherub Rock wasn't 215K, as it's one of those two songs that deviated (pointed out earlier). My current high is 227K, and not gold. Looking at submitted scores, looks like it's between 230,641 and 231,138, according to the 360 leaderboards. PS3 has an unusual gap between the lowest gold and the highest 5*, so I need to go off the 360 rankings.

Again, nice thread and this'll help a lot of people, I hope it gets stickied!

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
yzerman  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justified bump, OP updated - RB 2 scores added to the page
AnEternalEnigma  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with the songs that have "_short" next to them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnEternalEnigma wrote:
What's with the songs that have "_short" next to them?

There are alternate versions of a few songs (Foreplay/Long Time, Train Kept A Rollin, Green Grass and High Tides and Won't Get Fooled Again) that are shortened for solo vocal play. They won't ever actually affect drums, they're probably there because he had the data for them, too.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
MCVikrum  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: about wave of mutilation Reply with quote

the gold star cutoff for wave of mutilation is 96400
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Yzerman and I just spent some time analyzing entered scores for RB2 for the gold star cutoffs, and it appears that the gold star cutoffs for drums on RB2 (and presumably RB1?) are:

basescore*4.29

Where basescore is the number of notes in the song times 25, not including notes hidden under a BRE (Let There Be Rock's cutoff would be much more difficult if those still counted), but including notes after the BRE (assuming people's scores can be trusted on the few songs that offered evidence there, but it did look reasonably consistent at least). I think that cutoffs from this should be pretty accurate, e.g. within 1 or 2 points if not exact (and prone to rounding).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Impossible  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picchio73 wrote:
Skyzorz wrote:
picchio73 wrote:

What do you mean?

if my actual score in Maps is 187k (no GS) when i apply the patch my score is enough to get the GS (the new cutoff is 183,173).
my career score will be increased?

You have to beat the cut off score again, once that happens, weather your score was higher or lower than befor it will take the better score and give gold stars, but you have to play it again and get past that cut off again, had the same problem with Oragne Crush.
Gold Star the first four venues [X]
Earn 9,000,000 Career points [X]
Earn 10,000,000 Career points []9.7
Khaos-x3h  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Drum Gold Star Cutoffs (WIP) Reply with quote

Hey looks good but the GS Cutoff for Nine in the Afternoon is 68,125, not 68,180.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Khaos x3h PSN Name: Khaos_x3h
WJD  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the Bridge is 105,000 if anyone was wondering.

Sorry if everyone already knew that >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: