FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Gold Star Cutoffs (WIP)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yzerman  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Drum Gold Star Cutoffs (WIP) Reply with quote

Main Set Cutoffs and DLC are 4.29 times the base score of the song and about 1.3933x for the 5* multiplier. The base score multiplier is accurate to within 25 points for all songs as well as for songs with BRE's; however the 5* multiplier is 1-2k over the GS cutoff for songs with BRE's and has an error range of about 500 points. Huge thanks to ajanta for the base score spreadsheet I used to get these scores and IBitePrettyHard for his GS runs to get the base score multiplier.

9-14-2008: I have updated the page with RB2 scores. Major Props to ajanta for being so quick at getting the charts up so quickly.

10-16-2008: All Cutoffs for DLC and On Disc should be up. If something is missing let me know. Also updated the cutoff from the old multiplier to 4.29

11-13-2008: Kawagi has a website that gives the cutoffs for all instruments. Until I can get the drum cutoffs page fixed to update dynamically so you no longer have to wait, you will be redirected there.

Features I am adding:
Quick Reference paths for each song.
Current High Score for each song.
Quick Search For A Song. (You type the name in a box, and it brings up the song info - no more scrolling to get to zero).

IMPORTANT: While I am quite certain these are correct - There is ALWAYS room for error. If you see a score posted and have proof of a score lower then the ones posted - let me know.

Credits: IBitePrettyHard, Gohoog, ajanta, Mystakin, Kawagi

http://sandynpaul.com/rb/drumcutoffs.php <-- for now this will redirect you here:
http://rockband.yajags.com/cutoffs/?drums=expert&bass=none&guitar=none&vocals=none

-------------------------------
If you're looking for pre-patch drum cutoffs for RB1 and DLC, click here.

Last edited by yzerman on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:26 am; edited 4 times in total
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....im pretty sure the original Highway Star GS cutoff was not 258K <_<

Spikey  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with the songs that have "_short" after the name?

XBL = xI DrAg0n325 Ix || Expert Drummer/Guitarist || 400+ Songs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xI DrAg0n325 Ix
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre-patch HWS was ~274k or so.
pre-patch RttH was ~295k or so.

Just a few off the top of my head.

If you're using posted scores for gold cutoffs, be sure to look at the submission dates and make sure they're BEFORE the date the patch was released.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
brkljacic6  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it Gurn i was getting excited my high on highway star is 248 so i thought i might be able to get it but now i wont hahaha
Seriously though, this is gonna be the greatest RB patch ever released, especially for the PS3 (Les paul will be compatible )

gohoog  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:

If you're using posted scores for gold cutoffs, be sure to look at the submission dates and make sure they're BEFORE the date the patch was released.

Well if he got them from my post then they're all before patch but yzerman you don't need to do this really when there is a multiplier that gets with 1 point of gold like the last multiplier then I'll update mine
yzerman  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohoog wrote:
GurnKiller wrote:

Well if he got them from my post then they're all before patch but yzerman you don't need to do this really when there is a multiplier that gets with 1 point of gold like the last multiplier then I'll update mine

So far I am being corrected on Pre-Patch songs. These "pre-patch" GS cutoffs are using the 4.44005x base score multiplier and the current base score and really only there for reference. The differences you guys are seeing are the fact that ajanta added the extra BRE notes to the BRE songs, which (I'm guessing) weren't there in the original base score multiplication. If you guys have any corrections to the post patch gold star cutoffs, let me know.

Gohoog, the issue about waiting for a multiplier that gets you within 1 point is the fact that until we start seeing a shit load of submissions for scores we aren't going to get the multiplier for about another 2 to 4 weeks. Unlike last time this was figured out - where there were all sorts of data points to use, now there are about 10-20 data points. I mean unless you are happy waiting 2 to 3 weeks for RB2 scores to be submitted. Which is why I am asking people to check this against their scores and report back any errors they see. I am guessing this is how they came up with the original multiplier.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GamingDaze wrote:

Just like to remind people that the old cutoffs (all of them, not just the gold-star cutoff) were "wrong" for Cherub Rock and Highway Star before (meaning that they didn't follow the same formula as everything else). I know it's silly to say that the game's gold star cutoff used to be wrong, since we only actually cared what the game thought, but that's why cutoff calculations for those songs based on the base score will look wrong.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true I get 6 new golds and 3 are within 1-2K...
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
GamingDaze wrote:

Just like to remind people that the old cutoffs (all of them, not just the gold-star cutoff) were "wrong" for Cherub Rock and Highway Star before (meaning that they didn't follow the same formula as everything else). I know it's silly to say that the game's gold star cutoff used to be wrong, since we only actually cared what the game thought, but that's why cutoff calculations for those songs based on the base score will look wrong.

This is true =). All 250 or so songs followed an exact pattern and these two songs deviated a lot from it. Not just a few pts, but 10-15k. So the new scores will have to be manually checked for these songs.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aesthetics of Hate is now right around 273k, down from 283k+

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
yzerman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks GurnKiller, I viewed Mystakins vid and it seems the cutoff is 273,900. It seems the base multiplier was a little high on quite a few songs. New multiplier is 4.294786, hopefully that will be right. Updated OP
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yzerman wrote:
Yeah thanks GurnKiller, I viewed Mystakins vid and it seems the cutoff is 273,900. It seems the base multiplier was a little high on quite a few songs. New multiplier is 4.294786, hopefully that will be right. Updated OP

Do you want me to keep posting updated golds as I find them?

yakityyakblah wrote:

yzerman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
yzerman wrote:

Do you want me to keep posting updated golds as I find them?

If you can, the closer to the actual cutoff I can get the better for everyone. Some of these scores were high by about 300 points, those are the ones I need to narrow down so if you see a major gap or know of an exact cutoff let me know. As more scores come in, I can narrow down the actual multiplier. Right now it should be within about 50 points for every song.
picchio73  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so , my career score will be updated if i get automatically new GS after the patch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: