FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Raikiri's Rivalry, Open Spots and Expert Guitar All Systems.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Raikiri's Rivalry, Open Spots and Expert Guitar All Systems. Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
Since Lethal pretty much just dumped his own rivalry, I'll be taking it over.
Everyone in the rivalry must still post here, and the same system is to be used. So, if you need help look at Lethal's old thread.(I'll post his stuff later)
Anyways, we will have a maximum of 16 competitors, at the end of December(Maybe November) we'll start the finals. The top 8 make it, so try you're best! Also, if you are in the finals, P.M. ME It makes it much more fairer for another person to do his best rather than go higher than this person's score, it gets annoying.

Rules:
1. The songs will be posted every Saturday night and scores must be submitted by 8:59 PM PST (11:59 PM EST) the following Saturday. The times are what they are so there is no confusion as to what date I'm talking about. Scores will be posted on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning

2. Scores can either be posted here or PM'd to me, your choice. If you PM the scores, I would prefer if you have your scores for each song and the total added together.

3. 3 songs will be chosen at random using this

4. Photos are not required of anyone, I will however post pictures of my scores.

5. No old scores may be used. You must play through a song again if you already have a score posted.

Scoring: 1st Place= 6 Points
2nd place= 5 Points
3rd place= 4 Points
4th Place= 3 Points
5th Place = 2 Points
6th Place = 1 Point
For actually posting scores. 1 Point

Competitors (10):
1. chidori(360)
2. ProffessorJoe(360)
3. Dragondanno(PS2)
4. MarcK(360)
5. booyakasha128(360)
6. luckice89(PS2)
7. Flash012(PS3)
8. machetemonkey
9. Raikri999 (PS2)
10. timmy335
11. lionheart020690
Yes as you can see everyone is starting at 0 Points, but I'm adding a feature.

The points are different. I didn't like Lethal's Method it was much too complicated, as you can see, ONLY the top 8 get points, which makes it fair if someone is really good at a song, and they sqeeeze they gets moar points. The 1st place gets 6 Points for a song. Even if let's say Chidori gets 1st on every song, everyone who still posted scores gets 3 points anyway. So, getting 1-8 is not an option to win a place in the top 8, although there's a small chance someone here won't get a song in the top 6 unless you're really bad...(LOlz)

Now, for the finals, I've made it a bit better and odder than usual, as you can see. So, it doesn't matter what place you get in, it just matters what place you think others can get in.
1st v.s. 5th
2nd v.s. 6th
3rd v.s. 7th
4th v.s. 8th
Ex: I don't want 5th because someone like Professor Joe may get 1st. Or the same with the other places.

Yes, the 1st weeks songs are,
Blitzkreig Bop
Timmay
Dani California
AND, these songs will go onto NEXT Friday when I'll post the songs this Saturday or Sunday. I still have to decide on that...

I'm also thinking about doing some of the DLC as a bonus for those under spot 12, just to give them a boost, and no it won't be 4 points it'll be like 2.5 for 1st and .5 for actually posting scores. Yes this will be from the Track Pack not DLC that only PS3 peeps and 360ers can get.

That's about it...

OH! Ties right
If there's a tie in the rankings from 1-8, we will do tie breakers before the tourney.
Also, if you have a tie on a score from 1-6, then whoever posted first, will get the song. So, new rule. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Post the date and time of the song, if someone dates the song and time and you don't they get more points then you do that week. Unless you haven't edited it. Also, don't cheat or lie about scores or times that you posted. I'm not requesting pictures, but if I see cheating, they may be needed.
EX: Person A gets 10,000 points higher then the highest on the leaderboard for his system. I ban his spot and him from the rivalry, and of course no one else may join. That's it I'm pretty sure. Have fun!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Raikri999 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Rules:
1. The songs will be posted every Saturday night and scores must be submitted by 8:59 PM PST (11:59 PM EST) the following Saturday. The times are what they are so there is no confusion as to what date I'm talking about.  [b]Scores will be posted on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning[/b]

2. Scores can either be posted here or PM'd to me, your choice.  If you PM the scores, I would prefer if you have your scores for each song and the total added together.

3. 3 songs will be chosen at random using [url=http://www.random.org/integers/]this[/url]

4. Photos are not required of anyone, I will however post pictures of my scores.

5. No old scores may be used. You must play through a song again if you already have a score posted.

Scoring: 1st place=# of competitors
2nd place=-1 from 1st
3rd place=-1 from 2nd
etc.

Competitors (10):
1. chidori(360) 11 pts.
2. ProffessorJoe(360) 10 pts.
3. Dragondanno(PS2) 9 pts.
4. MarcK(360) 8 pts.
5. booyakasha128(360) 7 pts.
6. luckice89(PS2) 6 pts.
7. Flash012(PS3) 5 pts.
8. LethalFishEater(PS2) 4 pts.
9. machetemonkey(360) 3 pts.
10. Raikri999(PS2) 2 pts.
11. timmy335(360) 1 pt.

There you go Raikri, copy paste the post, and you're set
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
booyakasha128  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that post you made about the new songs, are those official now? I believe it was Dani California, T&tLotU, and.....?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: booyakasha128
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
I'm going to be gone from wednesday to the 12th or 13th... so idk, if there's any way you want to work it out so I can still compete, that would be cool, but if not, I guess I can drop out if I have to.
Since Lethal is being a looney(That's a money yah know) and I couldn't find him on Ustream, I'll pick the songs for this week, I'll use his system and etc.
Week 3 Songs(WHICH ARE BETTAH DEN WEEK 1 OR 2)
^ Written before I picked the songs

1: Blitzkrieg Bop
2:Dani California
3: Timmay and the Lords of thw Underworld
(After choosing) Oh god...XD This is seriously what I got.
Btw. Lethal, if you have a problem with me doing this for 1 week, I'll let you chose this weeks songs, or make week 3 later or whatever...

>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Dragondanno  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to friggin shoot myself this week. Blitzkreig Bop is the only song I can't FC in the first 4 tiers T_T I LOATHE it. But at least now I have a little proper motivation

Blitzkreig Bop :

Dani California :

T&TLotU :

Top 5 on a song []
Number 1 on a song []
GS top tier [X]
GS top 2 tiers [X]
FC 10 songs [] 6
MarcK  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten really close to FC'ing the Dani California solo (and thus the whole song), and I've been able to inconsistently get the Timmy riff, so maybe this'll motivate me to take it all the way.

Oh and I can FC Blitzkrieg Bop without a problem

Score post (I'm going by the photos' timestamp here, all times are HST):

Blitzkrieg Bop: 144,116 - 9/4/08 23:11:51
Dani California: 233,799 - 9/4/08 23:25:41
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld: 107,965 - YES, finally FC'd this; 9/6/08 16:22:29

Last edited by MarcK on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MarcKingston
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added some more rules and shit, waiting for more people to join.
Dani California-
Timmay-
Blitzkreig-
Oh and thanks alooot for your help Lethal I'll be using that interger picker as well.

lionheart62090  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill join
Get and 5 star all dragonforce DLC ()
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: lionheart62090 PSN Name: lionheart62090
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionheart62090 wrote:
Ill join
Sure!*Added*

ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzkrieg bop: 143747 9/03 11:57 pm est

Timmay: 107876 9/04 12:09 am est

Dani california: 247930 9/06 8:55 pm est
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!

Last edited by ProffessorJoe on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
chidori  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I almost forgot about this lol

My score post:

Blitzkrieg Bop:
100%
Bad path I guess.

Timmy:
100%

Dani California:
99%
Choked at the end.

Finally some good songs

Last edited by chidori on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
booyakasha128  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzkrieg Bop:
T&tLotU:
Dani California: 227,408 -- 99% -- 567 NS

Had a dumb miss out of the solo in Dani, and got a 97% in the solo. Prolly won't bother going for beastly scores this time, i'll just take what I get the first time around.

Last edited by booyakasha128 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: booyakasha128
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Reminder, you have until Sat. Everyone!

MarcK  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question, will we be allowed to play future songs in this rivalry in RB2 (excluding RTTH, Enter Sandman and Paranoid if they come up of course)?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MarcKingston
booyakasha128  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, much as I hate to, I think i'm going to drop out of this rivalry. I'm just too lazy to give the effort I thought entering this would draw out of me, and with Tales of Vesperia and RB2 waiting to be played, i'm not that enthused about playing RB1 anymore (at least in any competitive capacity).

Perhaps later on if you do another one for RB2 i'll join, but for now I take my leave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: