FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are "worthy" multitasking FC's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socialskills  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sentimentalgeek wrote:
A lot of rapid, relatively constant downstrumming will interfere with my ability to control my singing, and vice versa. Electric Version is the same deal.

Aha! In other thread I was trying to figure out why DoA was so hard for people... I can't understand because I happen to find it easy (not a dig, just the truth). This makes it make waaay more sense. Though, in that other thread I asked people if Electric Version was also difficult (I find it harder than DoA personally) and they seemed to think "no." So... maybe I'm still confused.

sentimentalgeek wrote:
For Outside, I can see the hopo sequences in the verses giving people trouble while trying to sing. Personally that doesn't trip me up quite as much as the chord sequences that come in the latter part of the song. over and over again is quite chokeable even when it's the only thing on your mind, but when you're having to control your breath and hold long notes at the same time, it can be a workout, at least for me.

Yes. I totally agree. Can't add anything else to this, that's how complete my agreement is

Unimportant196 wrote:
Trie Highway star. On bass. Now that would be an awesome accomplishment.

Of course, these are all opinions, so I can't say that you're wrong, but I disagree. Other than the fast zig-zag near the beginning of HS on bass, there isn't much difficult about the song, and I find the vocals to be pretty easy. Don't get me wrong; this is definitely a harder song than most, but I don't feel like it falls into the category of hard multitasking songs that may be overlooked because of their components being considered easy.
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
MrMauve  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're Red Hot would be moderately impressive too :cheektongue:

My UK copy of Rock Band 2 arrives tomorrow. What's new?
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since RB2 is now out...how about songs from there? I haven't even properly attempted vocals yet, let alone multi-tasking...but what do others think? One song that jumps out at me immediately (aside from the usual insane songs, Painkiller et al) is Spoonman. I knew the song before singing it, and that thing 88%'d me right off the bat, ouch! Plus the guitar part is by no means easy (though extremely fun).

I know socialskills and sentimentalgeek have got a few voxtar FCs already...what do we think, guys?

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, one of my favorite topics of discussion got bumped! Be prepared for a novel.

So RB2. I think something that's important to keep in mind is that there are, at least imo, a lot more songs that are difficult on guitar in RB2. In RB1 we really only had GG&HT. This time around we have Bodhisattva, Panic Attack, Battery, Visions, Painkiller, etc. I actually haven't played most of these songs on voxtar yet. I'm still working my way down the setlist.

But that's not really what this thread is about anyway. The songs that are hard to FC on guitar or vocals alone will be hard to double-FC anyway, and what we're interested in are songs that are more difficult than either of their counterparts would lead you to believe, right? So here are some suggestions from me.

Girl's Not Grey: Lolwut? Well, don't mock it before you try it. The vocals are pretty easy compared to most. The guitar on its own, mainly a chordfest with a slightly tricky rhythm and fingering. But put them together and watch your combo break...and break... and break. Perhaps it gets a lot easier with repetition but boy did it take me by surprise the first time I tried it. On a side note, nillacocajola has a -1 voxtar run of this, which I think is pretty darn impressive.

Our Truth: This song is interesting to play on pretty much all instruments, I think. The guitar part did not strike me as particularly difficult when I played it alone (though the rhythm is funky, and there are some annoying trills). But again, put them together and wow, another song that I was not expecting to be as challenging to voxtar as it turned out to be. Pretty sure ES has double-FCed this already, but...he's insane.

Supreme Girl: Yuck. When you start playing this on voxtar it will seem pretty straightforward, but then the chorus comes, and then the chorus comes again, and then there's that lovely ending! I really like how all the tricky strummy+hopo parts happen to coincide with the vocal parts where you're constantly running out of breath. Thanks, The Sterns! :P

Down With The Sickness: On guitar there's no crazy solo, so really the only hard part is getting the fingering down for those chord switches, which I can do when I'm on guitar alone. But add the singing part in and suddenly my fingers are at a total loss of what to do during the verses. Again, I think I've only voxtarred this once so maybe it just takes a few more attempts to click.

Chop Suey/Pinball Wizard: Very similar issues to Down With The Sickness, except the guitar parts are faster and imo trickier, and I suck more at them on guitar. Again, there's no crazy solo so it just comes down to coordination.

I don't think I've tried Spoonman yet, so no comment there.

What you've probably noticed is that I'm much better at vocals than I am at guitar, so the songs I tend to find difficult to voxtar are ones where the guitar part suddenly becomes a lot harder for me to grok when I add singing. Maybe people who rock the plastar and are not as strong on vox have the opposite problem, where their hands/fingers know what to do but their vocal control goes out of whack? I'd be especially interested to hear which songs they find tricky, but honestly I'm happy to hear opinions from anyone who wasn't totally put off by my wall o' text. :P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone bumped this. I've been waiting to get in on this one.

Being more challenged by Vocals, my view on "worthy" voxtar FCs may be a bit different than some that SG has mentioned above. Here's a list of songs I've attempted and have trouble with, in less detail than I'd like to offer because I'm in a bit of a rush:

Teenage Riot: I'm not so good at the vocal track on this one and I find it challenging enough, but the guitar part is packed with fast, quickly changing chords and offers a hefty challenge to FC by itself. Not only that, but the length factor will easily wear you down - this song goes for 7 minutes and, after the intro, never really slows down.

Supreme Girl: Read SG's post above. The chorus is terribly tricky, and the ending is worse - you'll be short of breath and find trouble keeping up with the strumming if you're not careful.

Spoonman: Oh, the most painful and meticulous Vocal track I've encountered thus far... which only gets worse when you match it up with a slightly tricky chord-change fest in the verses, and a tough solo that's a huge chokepoint. Not a very voxtar-friendly song, IMO.

EDIT: Our Truth: Let's put it this way... I failed. Three times.

Those have been the three toughest so far. I found Painkiller to be quite easy, with the vocal part being "overtiered," IMO. The guitar part is the only thing holding back a voxtar FC.

And as for Girl's Not Grey, I actually DID Double-FC that, but I scored lower than I did on my -1 run, so it's not shown on the leaderboards. Still pretty difficult, though. As for what you said in your last paragraph, SG, I think it definitely works the other way around for me - I pretty consistently FC the Guitar parts, but I lose my pitch very quickly if I run into a really tricky part.

More discussion later, though!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely interesting lists, I was surprised by some of them (Our Truth? Eh?) because of unfamiliarity, but a lot of those make sense. Another one to add, if it's not classed as an 'elite' song is Master Exploder...talk about a bad song choice to get back into voxtaring.

emptyset wrote:
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pinball Wizard

Wow that makes me feel good
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoonman is very tough. I started working on it one afternoon, and I got to the point where I got up to the "come on, come on" phrases without missing. And then once you get to the ball-busting solo, you have to sing while you're playing. It's really hard.

There are tons of songs that are not hard by themselves on guitar, but once you pair them with vocals, it's crazy.

Girl's Not Grey, for example. If you don't know the vocals well enough, it's really crazy. Weird strumming all over the place.

Painkiller, for obvious reasons. I didn't fail this when I played it, but I hadn't really sung it on vocals before. There are odd places, like "This is the Painkiller" phrases where the pitch changes where it sounds like it shouldn't, and it's a mess. I can't imagine how many times I would choke after nailing the first solo.

I'm sure there's other DLC I'm missing, but that's what I've got for now
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Quote:
Pinball Wizard

Wow that makes me feel good

Also The Middle; the solo is ridiculous, but there's no singing during it; making it a lot easier. Also, the vox aren't insanely hard, but put together a moderately hard guitar + a moderately hard vox = a moderately hard voxtar.

If anyone gets Painkiller voxtar FC, I will bow down in homage. It's an incredibly hard guitar part, combined with a hard vocal track.

Panic Attack would be impressive simply because the guitar part is so hard, getting it and managing to get the vocal FC in one run would be pretty amazing.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Supreme Girl tonight. It's not as tricky as it seems once you start manipulating the phrases and only singing what you really need to. Girl's Not Grey is much harder than this methinks
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
I just got Supreme Girl tonight. It's not as tricky as it seems once you start manipulating the phrases and only singing what you really need to. Girl's Not Grey is much harder than this methinks

Yeah, I've been working on narrowing which part of each phrase to sing - I FC'ed the Vocal part earlier, but had a -2 on Guitar and a horrible path to boot. Nice going.

Girl's Not Grey is DEFINITELY easier than this. I've FC'ed GNG on voxtar before all ready, but considering the vocal part is so easy, I don't think it's as difficult to FC as everyone thinks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got Girl's Not Grey last night, but my score was about 5k under your 99/100 run. It's easier once you memorize the vocals. I also noticed your crazy-ass Round and Round double FC and I'm curious to see if you did the tambos, cause that's hard while you're playing that solo.

I was thinking about tough drum/vocals FCs, and I think that someone should go for Uncontrollable Urge. My mic stand broke, but hopefully I can get it fixed.
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
Ok, I got Girl's Not Grey last night, but my score was about 5k under your 99/100 run. It's easier once you memorize the vocals. I also noticed your crazy-ass Round and Round double FC and I'm curious to see if you did the tambos, cause that's hard while you're playing that solo.

I was thinking about tough drum/vocals FCs, and I think that someone should go for Uncontrollable Urge. My mic stand broke, but hopefully I can get it fixed.

Nice job! My Voxtar FC of GNG ended up about 1k short of my 99/100 score, and that's why it doesn't show up - I'll have to re-do it later. As for Round and Round, I think I ignored them for a little while and hit a few at the end... though, I had one run where I missed one of the tambos, but missed early on in the solo.

Good thinking! Tough Drum/Vocal FCs haven't received a lot of mention in this thread, if any. American Woman would blow my mind, considering the difficulty of both charts near the end of the song. To a lesser degree, Pinball Wizard would be pretty incredible.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

I might have a crack at this, but I think UU is the one where I missed the ending phrase repeatedly, so I'll need to work on that before I even think about it. Good suggestion though- another pretty cool FC to get on drums/vocals would be E-Pro, especially for those of us who struggle with the offbeat pedal.

emptyset wrote:
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, these are all opinions, so I can't say that you're wrong, but I disagree

SilverSwift wrote:
Machchunk said that Flirtin' is the second-most impressive voxtar FC, when it's just not.

BTW, that makes all the sense in the world
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: