FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Every Monday at the Clubhouse in Dallas, update for 2/6/09
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTJem  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Every Monday at the Clubhouse in Dallas, update for 2/6/09 Reply with quote

With the new year, I am working on a new format for this years Rock Band tournament. This is the proposal I have given to Vinnie and his club managers, tell me what you think of my plan.

New Format for Rock Band at The Clubhouse

As we have seen from running the events this past fall, I believe we could make some changes to both improve game turnout as well as keeping the non-gaming customers happy at the same time.

First, I am offering to use my equipment, at least until such time as you see fit to upgrade your current setup.

My Equipment
Playstation 3 -with Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 1 downloaded to the hard drive.
Rock Band 2 instruments – including 2 guitars, wireless drums w/triple cymbals, and Wireless mic.

Clubhouse Equipment
Big screen TV- for spectator viewing
30? LCD- for player viewing
Connection to house system

After discussing this with Jeffrey, we would like to make some changes to the format as follows.

1. New scoring system to help even out the competition between difficulty levels, number of band members, and award points for performance/style.
2. Have bands perform on main stage, accompanied by two dancers ( to keep those not interested in the game entertained)
3. Have three other dancers as judges of the performance/style points.

New Scoring system

The new system will NOT be based on score, as this discourages many people from playing after seeing someone play on expert on one of the longer songs. The new system would be based on players/bands percentage and points awarded by judges for performing like rock stars and for rock star attire.

Score breakdown
Song score
Each player is awarded points based on percentage and bonus points for difficulty:
0 points for easy
1 point for medium
2 points for hard
3 points for expert

So the maximum score points per player would be 103 (100% + 3 points for expert)

Add all band members scores together and divide by number of members for final song score (if a member does two parts, ie. Sing and play guitar, he would receive points for each part and be counted as two band members)

Judging
Three judges will evaluate each band on their style and stage presence on a scale of 1-10
The three scores are added together and added to the song score for the final total band score.

A perfect score would be 133 (all band members play 100% on expert and receive maximum score from all judges)

Rounds

The competition should be done in three rounds. (unless there are 4 or less bands)
First round- all bands perform one song
Semifinal- only four top bands in semifinal
Final – two top bands

Competition

I feel we need more of a goal to the competition, something to keep them coming back and inviting others to join. I would suggest breaking the tournament down into weekly, monthly, and Final Championship. This would work as follows:
Each weekly competition will have the top two bands come back on the last Monday of each month to determine who is going to the finals.
Typical month, 4 Mondays, first three are open events, last Monday is championship qualifier. ( this would mean last Monday would be 6 bands)
Run every month through November, with final held sometime during December.

Prize suggestions

Weekly
Second place- T-shirts and $5 off entry for Monthly qualifier
First place – T- shirts and free admission for Monthly qualifier

Monthly
Second place – small sponsor prizes (various) and qualify for Championship.
First place – matched set of guitar and drum skins (each person) and qualify for Championship.

Championship
Each band pays $100 to enter, $50 of each entry to go to grand prize (10 bands = $500 cash prize)
Third place – Various sponsor prizes
Second place – Complete custom band outfitting + other sponsor prizes
First place- Complete custom band outfitting, other prizes, $500 cash, picture with Vinnie? For the wall.

HeroGear prizes
Weekly - T-shirts These should have flier artwork on front with something like “I played Rock Band on stage at The Clubhouse”, and the Sponsor names on back with The Clubhouse at top spot.

Monthly - guitar and drum skins (each player gets one guitar skin and one set of drum skins)

Championship – Custom band outfitting (four custom t-shirts with band name, two custom guitar skins, custom drum skins, and mic wrap)

Sponsor prizes
I have contacts with many companies making products for Rock Band, I’m sure we can come up with all kinds of prizes from small things like wrist bands and beanie caps, to guitar controllers, drum pedals, ect.

And of course I volunteer my services with promoting, organizing, and running the events as I am needed.

Jem Stephens

For all you Rock Band players in the Dallas/Ft.
worth area, been looking for a place to play and win some prizes?

The Clubhouse (yes the one owned by Pantera) 2250 Manana Dr. Dallas, TX. is having a Rock Band compitition on Monday nights from 10pm till 2am hosted by Vinnie Paul. We've tried to get Vinnie to play, and so far he's content just watching (I think he's afraid of failing!)

Remember, this IS a gentleman's club, so if your under 18 or don't want to see naked girls (ya, right!) this is not the place for you, for all the rest of you true rockers here is the rundown on what you need to know.

Cover charge is $25 per person, and parking is $5. It is BYOB, you cannot bring in ice or a cooler (a large bucket of ice is $10. 50) but at least your not paying $6 per beer! There is no entry fee for RB, and if their isn't many players there you can play multiple times (we had girls requesting songs to do table dances to!) I will be there every week (unless something unforseen happens) and look forward to seeing everyone there!

Keep Rockin,
RedRocker

Last edited by GTJem on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: RedRocker63
GTJem  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's a little update, I was wrong about the age, anyone 18+ can go because they are BYOB. Also I will be doing all the mods to the drums this next week so they will play better. I will also be adding a one of a kind Dimebag skin to one of their guitars, haven't decided on the other one yet maybe do one of the girls! Also, if you aren't playing on expert don't worry! Jaz and I won last week with just the two of us (she plays on Medium, I drum on Hard) as most of the people can't even finish a song! But it's great fun to watch a band of naked girls, even when they do fail!

Hope to see everyone there.

RedRocker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now all official, and the full contest has begun!
Vinnie Paul RB
Yesterdays prize was 4th row tickets to Queensryche!
So come on out, meet Jazmyne and myself, play some Rock Band, watch naked chicks, and maybe meet some celebraties along the way!

RedRocker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info.
The event will be going on every Monday night until the end of the year, all weekly winners will come back for a giant battle of the bands in January!

So far the sponsors we have on board:
The Clubhouse (mechandise and concert tickets)
HeroGear (Guitar skinz, t-shirts, ect.)
Grip Studios (Wall hangers for all guitars)
RockPedal.com (providing 2 rock pedals for use during the tournament, plus prizes)
Guitar Center (prizes yet to be determined)

Hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!!! Why does Texas have to be so far away. This event sounds incredible! I should bring this idea to some of my local strip clubs and see if they'll start it up.
Do you think my wife would be okay with me going to a strip club every week? "No baby, I'm not going to look at the girls, I'm going to play Rock Band."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally moving to Texas!!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
GTJem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Bri, you could ask her....just don't blame me if you end up sleeping on the couch!
Jaz and I went up there last night to celebrate my birthday, and finally got to meet Vinnie Paul! Also, as soon as it is mounted I'll send you some pics of the strat I did for him. It's a replica of Dime's Rebel guitar, Vinnie autographed it last night and it's going on perminent display at the clubhouse with a brass plaque saying it was made by HeroGear!

Also got to meet all the members of HellYeah last night, all told it was a great birthday!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Special this Monday October 6th Reply with quote

This weeks event will be special! The RockBand tour bus is at the state fair of Texas, and is not only giving out discount coupons to get into the clubhouse Monday, but they will be attending the event as well!
They will be giving out all kinds of RockBand swag, so this is one week you don't want to miss!

RedRocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SH!T ..... please tell me this is still going on. I live just south of Dallas. Just a couple of questions real quick. Do you have to have an entire band? And do yall allow for the singer as well, cause i can only play the instruments on medium/hard , but i sing on expert.
GTJem  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the event is going on through the end of the year. No you don't have to have an entire band, most bands are only 2-3 members, and you are always welcome to join another band (matter of fact, we don't have a singer you could play with us)
Difficulty levels aren't a problem, we let everyone compete on what ever level they are comfortable with. Even the guys from Harmonix don't all play on expert, last night they had two on medium, one on hard, and one on expert. email me at RedRocker@herogear.net and I'll give you my cell number, call me when you get there and I'll bring you out a pass that will save you $5 on the cover.

RedRocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it usually a pretty good turn out being that its on monday nights? who picks the songs to be played? Do yall play on RB1 or RB2 ? And last but not least, what do ya win? (other than an ass load of eye candy)
GTJem  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just starting to pick up steam, the past two weeks we have had 5 bands each week. Currently playing on RB1, but will be upgrading to RB2 after the bundle comes out (they really want the new drums) they have all the downloaded songs, and will be transfering the RB1 tracks as well. Weekly prizes vary, giving away some custom Clubhouse skins for the Strat, last week was also state fair tickets, concert tickets from time to time, and passes for free admission for a month are common. Also, all winners are invited back for the finals in January (it's planned to be a whole day battle of the bands!)

You pick your own songs, and on first round you get a second try if you fail the song.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was around there. :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are u guys still doing this down at clubhouse? I'm the dj at mens club. I'd definitely come check it out.
GTJem  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't played in the last few weeks, the holidays, cold/wet weather, and the economy has slowed everything down. Vinnie and Sam have both told me that they are going to do more advertising, promoting of this event for the new year. I am also working with them on some changes in the format as well as finding more sponsors. Stay tuned for more details.

I will be posting my ideas on the format and scoring changes soon to get feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: