FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/12 DLC - Roadrunner 6-Pack (Dream Theater, Megadeth, more)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: 8/12 DLC - Roadrunner 6-Pack (Dream Theater, Megadeth, more) Reply with quote

The following tracks are now up for score-tracking:

• Runnin’ Wild by Airbourne
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by kn0j), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Clouds Over California by DevilDriver
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by kn0j), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Constant Motion by Dream Theater

• My Curse by Killswitch Engage

• Aesthetics Of Hate by Machine Head

• Sleepwalker by Megadeth
For the first month the Roadrunner 6-pack is available for for $5.99 (480 Microsoft Points) and individual tracks for $0.99 each (80 Microsoft Points). After that the pack will cost $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) and individual tracks will become $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace now, and PLAYSTATION®Network after Thursday, 8/14.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
kn0j  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Guitar

Airbourne – Runnin’ Wild - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lJ9vXUs7T8
DevilDriver – Clouds Over California - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsIEP5Mkw8
Dream Theater – Constant Motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4-tNl7skg
Killswitch Engage – My Curse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClusBgWVm1w&fmt=6
Machine Head – Aesthetics Of Hate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVVqPSWMrk
Megadeth – Sleepwalker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LnhYNqBVAI

Last edited by kn0j on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 7 times in total
Killerpanda420  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: DLC Reply with quote

Alright we got some Dream Theater And Megadeth. Sick
Janus5k  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's faster between Aesthetics of Hate and GGaHT? Aesthetics seemed faster, as if we weren't pushing the strum limit enough already.

I guess strike was getting too close to every unFCable song on RB, so they had to throw something like this at us. :P

How disturbing.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this pack kicks ass. 3 tough fcs out of 6 songs aint bad.

aesthetics of hate has some pretty hard to combo strumming parts

constant motion has a ridiculously ridiculous solo...if i had to guess id say blackened level difficulty? if not somewhere between afterlife solo d and blackened solo a. i had trouble holding a combo in the fast part of the solo at anything above 60% speed, and even at 50 and 60 the random strums makes it pretty awkward.

sleepwalker's solo is really hard to combo as well. the end of 2b specifically is really fast. after playing it for a few minutes i was only able to hit it at 80% speed.

the other 3 songs arent bad, i nearly fc'ed clouds over claifornia and runnin' wild on my sightreads, missed like once in the easier one [forgot which] and a couple times in the other one [strum patterns caught me off guard].

i haven't played my curse but i assume it cant be much more difficult, if at all, than the gh3 chart.

EDIT: I failed constant motion on my sightread; didn't have OD for the crazy solo.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647

Last edited by f4phantom2500 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
MrPockets  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only downloaded Constant Motion and Sleepwalker as I have to continue studying (it's now 8.30pm in Australia).

I played Constant Motion and absolutely loved it. I wanted to try vocals first so I let my brother try Hard Guitar and he failed out in about 5 seconds, so I decided to bite the bullet and try Expert guitar, and it is just incredibly challenging.

The verse riff is very difficult for me, although the chorus and intro are pretty easy, just have to get the strum pattern down...

By christ is the solo fun! There is a certain section that reminds me of the Afterlife solo D, but much, much much harder.

Constant Motion is a definite buy for all those looking for a challenge
(sorry no vids...)
KooolAid  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole pack is just amazing... im amazed that is was half priced... constant motion on bass is by far the funnest on the week and blew me away.

totallll respect for dream theater and the dream theater's bassist.

If you want to spend your money get this pack...

i fced runnin wild on my first try lawl, went back 2nd time to get better path (bass)

no camera tho
[x] Learn to tap + beat TTFAF
[] 5* TTFAF
RB:
Expert Drums [] <RTTH>
FC New dlc songs of the week []
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Koool Aid34
guitarfreak858  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

constant motion will not be fced.... Ever. Kthxbye
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: zak123 PSN Name: zak123
kn0j  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarfreak858 wrote:

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kn0j wrote:
guitarfreak858 wrote:

Agreed.

I gotta say unfortunately, I agree as well...
TGantz  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought only My Curse and Sleepwalker. Here are my thoughts (only guitar)...

Sleepwalker- AMAZING, love the solos. Only 4 stars on sightread(was also testing the towel trick), but grabbed the 5 star on the 2nd run. Really lookin forward to drums and vox(cant drum this early in the morning).

My Curse- Nothin special on guitar, plus I basically already played it on GH3, but I really only bought it for drums, and mostly vox. They sound fun.

I might get the Dream Theater song later.

EDIT: After reading the posts before me, I might just have to buy Constant Motion!!!!!

Location: neither reality nor fantasy but a mere figment beyond even the most intellectual's perception

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE megadeth, and the dream theater song sounds like a challenge. if I buy sleepwalker and constant motion I will have just enough points to buy the Dragonforce pack on the 21st.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Soma Cruz 13
folanlron  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soo ya Clouds Over California on drums.... expert... uhh ya indestrucble just got pwned for bass drum kicks my leg feels like it's goin too fall off, good luck to anyone who even tries to FC that on drums..
PsychoSteve1337  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrPockets wrote:
kn0j wrote:
guitarfreak858 wrote:

Agreed.

I gotta say unfortunately, I agree as well...

agreed x3

now can we get a x4 multiplier going here?
lulz
Confrontational  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given much thought into how I could possibly express my gratitude to Harmonix for releasing a pack with this much awesome within it (and at HALF PRICE no less!), but I'm afraid my poor peasant mind could not wrap itself around a thought more complex than...

I came.

Hard.

Then I remembered that I've still got the 80169d94 error. I... I died a little inside, people.

Oh yeah, agree x4 I guess. Now let's see if we can FC the rest of this thread! (Or at least a Bass Groove!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: