FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to hit the "Ow" in Next to You! [Updated 8/18]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodzDrinknPal  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the pics of the pie? the ones that showed the sweet spot?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Godz Drinkn Pal
trg007  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghal416 wrote:
what type of TV do you use trg? But ya, I've tried the -265 or -270 range that others have mentioned as working on CRTs (they were on PS3), but the best I have been able to get is a high "Okay"(had 113,120 points at the end of the Ow).

I have a 60" Sony SXRD set (KDS-60A2000 to be exact) and my audio is run through an Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver.

If you've got a standard CRT and using the TV speakers for audio, I'm guessing your default settings are 0 AV/0 Lag so try setting the AV to -210 because that's the difference between my normal 60ms to the -150 that got me the FC. It should give you a good starting point at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: G00dByeMrBond PSN Name: trg007
ghal416  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trg007 wrote:
ghal416 wrote:
what type of TV do you use trg? But ya, I've tried the -265 or -270 range that others have mentioned as working on CRTs (they were on PS3), but the best I have been able to get is a high "Okay"(had 113,120 points at the end of the Ow).

I have a 60" Sony SXRD set (KDS-60A2000 to be exact) and my audio is run through an Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver.

If you've got a standard CRT and using the TV speakers for audio, I'm guessing your default settings are 0 AV/0 Lag so try setting the AV to -210 because that's the difference between my normal 60ms to the -150 that got me the FC. It should give you a good starting point at least.

yep thats correct actually lol my AV and Lag were both at zero originally. alrighty i'll try that out and see how it goes. once again, thanks dude

RB1:
Gold star every song(58/58; gained on I'm So Sick on 7/13/10)
Get 11 million+ career score(Yes; gained on Learn to Fly on 6/12/08)
FC every song(58/58; gained on Next to You on 7/11/10)

RB2:
Gold star every song(78/84)
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ah okay thanks so much dude. btw, how did you time it? did you start saying "ohh" when the fourth beat happened?
Before the "Ow!" you'll hear four bass drum notes followed by a snare. I just go in my head "1-2-3-4" with the beat of the bass drum and then right on the snare I say "Ow!"

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUIGI074 wrote:
Quote:
ah okay thanks so much dude. btw, how did you time it? did you start saying "ohh" when the fourth beat happened?
Before the "Ow!" you'll hear four bass drum notes followed by a snare. I just go in my head "1-2-3-4" with the beat of the bass drum and then right on the snare I say "Ow!"

Hope this helps.

ah okay. I've been doing that in my recent runs so at least I know I'm on the right track lol. I don't know if the 360 has a different way of lining up the AV ms window than the PS3 but I've been only able to get a high "Okay" at best. I guess with enough tries on the timing I should be able to get it...I hope anyway

RB1:

RB2:
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghal416 wrote:
LUIGI074 wrote:
Quote:

Hope this helps.

ah okay. I've been doing that in my recent runs so at least I know I'm on the right track lol. I don't know if the 360 has a different way of lining up the AV ms window than the PS3 but I've been only able to get a high "Okay" at best. I guess with enough tries on the timing I should be able to get it...I hope anyway

I noted it before but will mention it again here:

The timing difference is almost exactly 0.30 seconds. Dogfoodnyc went from +40ms to -265ms. I went from +35ms to -265.

If you guys are starting at 0, try going to -300.
ghal416  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
ghal416 wrote:
LUIGI074 wrote:
Quote:

Hope this helps.

The timing difference is almost exactly 0.30 seconds. Dogfoodnyc went from +40ms to -265ms. I went from +35ms to -265.

alrighty I'll try that out. thanks ice

RB1:

RB2:
FC every song(78/84)
trg007  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:

That definitely seems to be right for PS3. I'll test it on PS3 tonight or this weekend.

For 360 though, I tried going from my normal 60/15 to -240/15 (subtracting 300 and leaving the lag offset alone) and thought I might have success since I have the same type of TV as you, but I didn't even get the pie half-filled out of about 5 tries with those settings.

I think that's why ghal is having trouble as well - there's something that makes this harder on 360. Perhaps HMX decided to make THTF GS near-impossible on PS3 and NTY FC near-impossible on 360. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: G00dByeMrBond PSN Name: trg007
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trg007 wrote:

I think that's why ghal is having trouble as well - there's something that makes this harder on 360. Perhaps HMX decided to make THTF GS near-impossible on PS3 and NTY FC near-impossible on 360. LOL

This is what KT and I was talking about ><

My YouTube Channel
ghal416  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya trg is right. there is definitely something with this in that the 360 has a slightly different window or way of interpreting the timing of saying talkies or something than the PS3 that makes this more difficult to accomplish. still won't stop me from trying though lol

RB1:

RB2:
FC every song(78/84)
HrdCore1337v2  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12596

sweet spots on first page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to note, that it is in no way at all EASY to GS THTF on 360, it took me A LOT of tries, a lot

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what Trg meant:

While it is probably equally annoying to GS THTF, you guys have a much easier time to activate that 2nd OD with the Guide trick. We don't have that for PS3. So far the best known way to activate that stupid window is to hit it fast and hard. However, I am sure the activation rate is way lower than the Guide trick (We have, as of today, exactly 3 GS on PSN >< ).

PS: pressing either Pause or PS did nothing for any of us.

On the main topic, have any of you guys tried in practice mode?

My YouTube Channel
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did not realize that dogfood, I would glady exchange 100pts and a GS for 9000 points and an FC though... anyone wanna trade?

and no I havent bothered with practice mode, for anything, ever

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...

Last edited by BowlZ on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
ghal416  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
I think this is what Trg meant:

While it is probably equally annoying to GS THTF, you guys have a much easier time to activate that 2nd OD with the Guide trick. We don't have that for PS3. So far the best known way to activate that stupid window is to hit it fast and hard. However, I am sure the activation rate is way lower than the Guide trick (We have, as of today, exactly 3 GS on PSN >< ).

PS: pressing either Pause or PS did nothing for any of us.

On the main topic, have any of you guys tried in practice mode?

I have tried it, but it has been about the same as solo.

RB1:

RB2:
FC every song(78/84)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: