FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to hit the "Ow" in Next to You! [Updated 8/18]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghal416 wrote:
MarthAltea wrote:
Okay, I know that I've hit it before, and I know it wasn't the glitch (the pie didn't fill instantaneously), but I'm having trouble hitting the Ow! in a real run. I've got a CRT with the A/V setting at -270, and even when I time it with the snare after the four kicks, I still only get an Okay at best.

Anyone got any tips or maybe a video of them hitting the Ow! on a CRT TV with this method?

ya this is my same problem as well. i have gotten my highest "okay" using this A/V setting, so I feel that I'm close. however, there are other times where I have usually averaged a weak at best, probably becuase i anticipate the snare. is there a way that i can hear one of the beats beforehand and then utter "ohh"? is that how those of you that have gotten it did so? i also have a CRT and i saw an earlier comment of someone saying that if you have a CRT, the setting should be -270 or -265. is this the case? have others that have CRTs found this setting holding true?

-265 and -270 are the best for CRTs. Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but have your sensitivity all the way down to the left. I think that can also help out in some cases. Be aware that it needs to be right on the snare since the timing window for the Ow! is only several ms long.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUIGI074 wrote:
ghal416 wrote:
MarthAltea wrote:
Okay, I know that I've hit it before, and I know it wasn't the glitch (the pie didn't fill instantaneously), but I'm having trouble hitting the Ow! in a real run. I've got a CRT with the A/V setting at -270, and even when I time it with the snare after the four kicks, I still only get an Okay at best.

Anyone got any tips or maybe a video of them hitting the Ow! on a CRT TV with this method?

ya this is my same problem as well. i have gotten my highest "okay" using this A/V setting, so I feel that I'm close. however, there are other times where I have usually averaged a weak at best, probably becuase i anticipate the snare. is there a way that i can hear one of the beats beforehand and then utter "ohh"? is that how those of you that have gotten it did so? i also have a CRT and i saw an earlier comment of someone saying that if you have a CRT, the setting should be -270 or -265. is this the case? have others that have CRTs found this setting holding true?

-265 and -270 are the best for CRTs. Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but have your sensitivity all the way down to the left. I think that can also help out in some cases. Be aware that it needs to be right on the snare since the timing window for the Ow! is only several ms long.

ah okay thanks so much dude. btw, how did you time it? did you start saying "ohh" when the fourth beat happened?

RB1:
Gold star every song(58/58; gained on I'm So Sick on 7/13/10)
Get 11 million+ career score(Yes; gained on Learn to Fly on 6/12/08)
FC every song(58/58; gained on Next to You on 7/11/10)

RB2:
Gold star every song(78/84)
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last!!!

got it after a few tries!

gotta improve it , though

thanks so much to the TRG007 method!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried -275 to -200 with the most success being -240

and by success i mean ive only even got a strong once

can we just go back to when nobody could hit it? i liked that better

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm noticing a pattern here. Seems like PS3 owners are having a lot more success with this than Xbox 360 owners.

I don't for a moment believe that we're more skilled than our 360 owning comrades, so I wonder if there really is a code-level difference between the two engines?
Killertomatoes88  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I'm noticing a pattern here. Seems like PS3 owners are having a lot more success with this than Xbox 360 owners.

I don't for a moment believe that we're more skilled than our 360 owning comrades, so I wonder if there really is a code-level difference between the two engines?

my thoughts exactly.....kinda like how more 360-ers have GS's on THTF than the ps3-ers....
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based off of DLCStats.com, there are very roughly about 5 times as many XBL users downloading DLC than on PS3. If you generalize that to the numbers of users playing on each system, then you could say there are 5 times as many 360 users playing Rock Band. But let's just say for arguments sake that we only assume 2x more XBL users in scorehero, because there's obviously a higher concentration of PS3 players here than normal. Theoretically, if all things are equal with 7 people getting FC's on PS3, there should be about 14 FC's (since this was posted) on XBL. That may even be generous. Even if we assume there are an equal distribution of users and ignore all the other data, wouldn't there be close to a similar amount? Yeah, I think it's safe to say there's a difference between the two systems, at this point, even if trg got it this way on the box.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
ive tried -275 to -200 with the most success being -240

and by success i mean ive only even got a strong once

can we just go back to when nobody could hit it? i liked that better

I agree. Two hours at this has been fairly futile. My best has been at -265ms, as a fair few people have mentioned, but I've never got anything close to what I've seen in dogfood's or Icemage's videos. However, I'm not even close to giving up yet.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best i can say about this, is that i dont get weaks anymore, nothing is ever worse than a high ok, if im going to hit this, it will be this method

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
CreapyBEAR95  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel sad i nail this everytime in practice mode but cant hit at all in the reall thing but this method is awesome i just wish i could fc the rest of it though i suck on vocals i mostly drum
theblue  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: 360 vs. PS3 Reply with quote

heres what I think. This method is full of win on every level, but when i try it on a 360 with my lag at -300, my snare isnt even lined up to where the ow is supposed to be hit. I know where the ow is supposed to be because im one of the three people that actually found the "sweet spot" my score just didnt update because i did it offline due connection issues. So im just randomly assuming that there isn't enough lag on the 360 to make the snare line up. Because like Stephen (Billtvshow) said they're twice as many 360 users than PS3. this method is pretty striaght forward, and Im sure someone on a 360 would have figured this out. Or I might be just having a random rant, I DONT KNOW. But so far ive gotten to fill it up 85% with my lag at -275 but i wasnt listening to the snare at all, I just tryied to find the sweet spot. for reference i have a 32' Vizio HDTV 720p plasma screen TV. anyone got any ideas.
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This method is more full of win than the New England Patriots before they got bounced by the G-men.

However, I can score seemingly no higher than a high "OK", my best has been about 88% at -260 (LCD TV with an 8ms response time, with my 360 plugged directly into the 720p HD input). I'm confident I'll accidentally luck into it somehow, but it's still amazingly broken if we have to time it THIS precisely.
GodzDrinknPal  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
My normal settings are +35ms and -15ms on the first and second screens.

Moving it to -265ms on the first screen and leaving the second at -15ms let me hit the Ow three times in six tries (exactly 3/10ths of a second earlier).

I use a Sony 50" SXRD rear projection HDTV. DLP HDTV users can probably use similar settings with success, depending on brand.

same type of tv here...i hope those settins work

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Godz Drinkn Pal
trg007  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
Based off of DLCStats.com, there are very roughly about 5 times as many XBL users downloading DLC than on PS3. If you generalize that to the numbers of users playing on each system, then you could say there are 5 times as many 360 users playing Rock Band. But let's just say for arguments sake that we only assume 2x more XBL users in scorehero, because there's obviously a higher concentration of PS3 players here than normal. Theoretically, if all things are equal with 7 people getting FC's on PS3, there should be about 14 FC's (since this was posted) on XBL. That may even be generous. Even if we assume there are an equal distribution of users and ignore all the other data, wouldn't there be close to a similar amount? Yeah, I think it's safe to say there's a difference between the two systems, at this point, even if trg got it this way on the box.

I'm thinking there must be a difference between the two consoles because I've only hit it 3 times (2 of which were in practice) out of 40+ attempts using my -150/0 settings and never hit it on any other setting. It seems that on PS3, subtracting anywhere from 260 to 300 from your normal AV setting works best, whereas when I hit it on 360 my AV setting was only 210 less than normal. Either the sweet spot is different on 360, or the timing window is less forgiving, or both.

Since I still have PS3 RB (didn't sell it or anything, just switched over to 360) I think I'll fire up the PS3 this weekend and see if I can hit it with more consistency than I can on 360.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: G00dByeMrBond PSN Name: trg007
ghal416  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trg007 wrote:
Billtvshow wrote:

I'm thinking there must be a difference between the two consoles because I've only hit it 3 times (2 of which were in practice) out of 40+ attempts using my -150/0 settings and never hit it on any other setting. It seems that on PS3, subtracting anywhere from 260 to 300 from your normal AV setting works best, whereas when I hit it on 360 my AV setting was only 210 less than normal. Either the sweet spot is different on 360, or the timing window is less forgiving, or both.

Since I still have PS3 RB (didn't sell it or anything, just switched over to 360) I think I'll fire up the PS3 this weekend and see if I can hit it with more consistency than I can on 360.

what type of TV do you use trg? But ya, I've tried the -265 or -270 range that others have mentioned as working on CRTs (they were on PS3), but the best I have been able to get is a high "Okay"(had 113,120 points at the end of the Ow).

RB1:
Gold star every song(58/58; gained on I'm So Sick on 7/13/10)
Get 11 million+ career score(Yes; gained on Learn to Fly on 6/12/08)
FC every song(58/58; gained on Next to You on 7/11/10)

RB2:
Gold star every song(78/84)
Get 17 million+ career score(Not yet; have crossed the 15 million mark as of 8/4/10)
FC every song(78/84)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: