FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Attention full band pathing enthusiasts!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Kawigi, but it's not the paths that fascinate me. It's those spreadsheets!! How long do they take to make for one song?

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaserEyess - The setup (getting template sheet together) takes about 10-20 minutes, mostly depending on the length of the song. I'm working developing a way to make that part basically instantaneous. Trying various paths until I'm happy with one could take 30-40 minutes or could span across several days, depending on the nature of the song (and the motivation of existing scores). I make it a personal rule to always try at least 3 paths even if I feel like the first one is as good as it will get (and I'm often wrong).

machchunk - Added!
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
InnerFly7  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested sent pm to you

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InnerFly7 wrote:
I'm interested sent pm to you

I've given you access.

Also, to everyone else - if you haven't noticed, I added some documentation to the Templates workspace that describe how to use the template to start pathing a song, or to try new paths.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
james6432  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Kawigi, count me in. I've been trying to path songs by printing out the chart over 2 pieces of paper and hilighting, but this sounds much better. Check your pm.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump such a old thread, but is still going on? Because i would love to learn how to FB path.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Sorry to bump such a old thread, but is still going on? Because i would love to learn how to FB path.

It is, with limited activity. If you sign up for Office Live and tell me what email address you used, I can send you invites.

Alternatively, while it doesn't have all the examples of my RB1 paths (and an occasional DLC or RB2 path made by various people), this thread has the core stuff to get you started doing full band pathing with Excel, and raunch's Full Band Pathing 101 (which is linked from the aforementioned thread) has the main stuff you have to understand to do it well.
SantoOs92  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to learn how to full band path, do u provide the paths or teach how to do it? also i just need excel right?

Jared1287  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SantoOs92 wrote:
i would like to learn how to full band path, do u provide the paths or teach how to do it? also i just need excel right?

You could get somebody to mentor you, yes. Nobody will spoon-feed you the paths though usually. And, you don't need excel, but it makes finding the best path a LOT easier. Besides that, I don't believe anything else is required.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote up a brief how-to starter guide for a band here that you can reference to get started. People would be happy to answer any questions you had moving forward.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21310&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: