FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 2 on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonBurgvndy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roker on drums? Thats awesome.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
dfan wrote:
FrankieB wrote:
Looks like that No Fail cheat in the options was the way to go Harmonix, or else this broadcast would have never made it to the air without tons of failsauce.

Our PR guy has been effusively thanking us for No Fail mode in every message about this segment.

He also says Al Roker was actually pretty good.

God it sucks they get to play this before us.

Dfan since you are here any reason as to why we are not getting instruments till like october but they have them now? Seem pretty functional?

Also i am so doing the Al Roker full body bop to single red hits from now on. Here I come Wanted Dead or Alive

It looks like they're using RB1 peripherals, which makes sense as they were reportedly using them at E3 as well, since the RB2 ones aren't ready yet.

On a related note, I never thought about what a difference in marketing something like the no-fail cheat could make. Makes perfect sense though, it's waaaaaaay easier to demo it on TV and such.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
plutoknight  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
FrankieB wrote:
Looks like that No Fail cheat in the options was the way to go Harmonix, or else this broadcast would have never made it to the air without tons of failsauce.

Our PR guy has been effusively thanking us for No Fail mode in every message about this segment.

He also says Al Roker was actually pretty good.
Roker damn near FC'd his part on easy from what I could tell LOL

And one of those guitars was the newer one with the sunburst finish, I'm fairly sure.
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was some sweet footage of old people rockin'! Rock legions of all ages, all thanks to Harmonix.
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing Al Roker playing drums is the fucking most hilarious thing ever.
dfan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
Dfan since you are here any reason as to why we are not getting instruments till like october but they have them now? Seem pretty functional?

The main reason is that we've only made a few test runs of them as opposed to the millions we'll be shipping.
J.T.  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We need all the back-up we can get!"

No. No, you don't. You should only have one Voxist. Any more and the bar flies everywhere, and you fail.

Anyway, it's a pretty awesome segment, and it'll definitely get some soccer moms to pick it up with confirmation it's "fun for the whole family".

http://dlchero.erraticinc.com/xbox/talbainj

Top 50s (X Guitar)
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You (11)
I'm Shipping Up To Boston (15)
Thrash Unreal (20)
Hey (38)
Do You Want To (42)
Entangled (44)
Complete Control (48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKkVYJqRdY The beauty of song
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Roker was later quoted as saying "You know what would be bitchin' for DLC? Hocus Pocus by Focus."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
sgspecial wrote:

The main reason is that we've only made a few test runs of them as opposed to the millions we'll be shipping.

Ok I was sure there was a good reason and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate all the effort in testing and work you guys do for these games.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
sgspecial wrote:

How long does it take to produce one instrument for shipment?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
downfall  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Al Roker was later quoted as saying "You know what would be bitchin' for DLC? Hocus Pocus by Focus."

Al Roker is a smart, smart man.
jrod321  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol they all looked funny playing it. But I don't think everyone looks silly playing it, I'm pretty sure watching someone playing a tough song on expert looks impressive since beginners sometimes say "Wow he's hitting one drum with both sticks that's crazy" lol it's happened to me before. I was like..uhh yea you have to on expert hahaha. But definitely, without the no fail cheat they probably wouldn't have even liked the game since they wouldn't be able to finish a song lol.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Elite Draconian
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still in shock dfan responded to something I said *faints*

Also, I am TOTALLY making Al Roker as my next drummer on Rock Band.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downfall wrote:
beingmused wrote:

Al Roker is a smart, smart man.

Q.F.T.

Biggest, most absolutely ridiculous acid-tripping f'ing rockfest of a song I have ever heard. I thought the Helloween cover was goofy, but this is
quite possible the most ludicrous piece of music in the history of ever.

Essentially, perfect for Rock Band.

ON TOPIC: Nice performance, goony Matt Lauer included. I'm surprised Meredith was so gung-ho too, she really saved the segment from Matt trying to cut to Willard Scott. Bravo.

Last edited by spartancl44 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. And even though there's a grand total of like 7 vocal phrases, where else would you get to yodel, whelp, hoop, and holler in such a unique fashion?

GIVE US OUR SORELY NEEDED DUTCH PROG!!!!

(And remember, Al Roker said this, so this is completely and utterly pertinent to this thread. I didn't just post this in a thread dfan was reading hoping to get it noticed. Nope.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: