FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legality of an OD path regarding FP/LT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the FC remark. We all know that on drums FC streaks can be extremely different. Thus, if the average person like me, who gets like 1-1.5k of squeezes a song, but not fully optimal, gets this glitch, since it is still a 100%, how could you know that it wasn't a FC. My note streak would be the same as a FC with no squeezing since I could make up for those 4 notes with a squeeze or two, and I would have picture evidence that I got a 100% with the same streak as the non-squeeze FC.

Yes for FP/LT since we now know about it, it would be easy to detect. But what happens if there are a lot of songs like this, since we already know about 2 now, starts getting pretty tough to call it illegal, since it would be so impossible to prove?

Thus I feel like we basically need to keep it legal, since it involves nothing wrong on the players part, afterall who says missing is cheating. If it were a insane drum roll youd miss on to get it instead of 3 easy notes at the start, people would get it constantly and everyone would be confused. Also, by keeping it legal people could keep their sanity, and not have to check every possible time something like this may ever possibly appear.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
ERBiC  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is intriguing. Might be something to check out if I can ever get the FPLT intro down.
rkuo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might as well be made legal. First of all, this seems to require that a fill and OD phrase end at the same time, and that the squeeze have two or more notes. That's already extremely rare in songs. The path would also need to score higher than alternate paths. Second, it's in the game and anyone can duplicate it consistently if they want to. Third, the increase in score from the path isn't ridiculous...it's just some extra OD.
duka08  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
As for the FC remark. We all know that on drums FC streaks can be extremely different. Thus, if the average person like me, who gets like 1-1.5k of squeezes a song, but not fully optimal, gets this glitch, since it is still a 100%, how could you know that it wasn't a FC. My note streak would be the same as a FC with no squeezing since I could make up for those 4 notes with a squeeze or two, and I would have picture evidence that I got a 100% with the same streak as the non-squeeze FC.

Yes for FP/LT since we now know about it, it would be easy to detect. But what happens if there are a lot of songs like this, since we already know about 2 now, starts getting pretty tough to call it illegal, since it would be so impossible to prove?

Thus I feel like we basically need to keep it legal, since it involves nothing wrong on the players part, afterall who says missing is cheating. If it were a insane drum roll youd miss on to get it instead of 3 easy notes at the start, people would get it constantly and everyone would be confused. Also, by keeping it legal people could keep their sanity, and not have to check every possible time something like this may ever possibly appear.

Extremely well put, I support this opinion wholeheartedly. GJ InternetGuy.

Now, on to more pressing matters, SEE IF SEVEN HAS ONE lol
Constable  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input everyone. I wasn't terribly concerned with the FC aspect (moreso concerned with that OD phrase giving you extra OD), but internetguy87 covered the FC matter thoroughly! The only other time where you'd want to intentionally miss an OD phrase would be in FB - Dani California. I forgot the FB path, but it synchronized ODs to coincide with the rest of your band.

The glitch is definitely repeatable and not terribly hard if you can squeeze correctly. So the songs that potentially have this glitch are (as far as I know):

Interstate Love Song
FP/LT
WGFA (I don't think it's even worth doing; at chorus_3b, M.187)

Seven doesn't have a fill that covers up the last note of an OD phrase

Well, I'll make a full video of FP/LT in the future with this alternate.. weird path. The rest of LT is basically the same as if you played the song through the path 0 0 0 0, etc.
POPRICH  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Someguy913's score of FP/LT it's 336k hmmm, I wonder if he knew about this and kept it to himself.......
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: P0PRICH PSN Name: POPRICH
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you overhit after the first blue+bass (the absolute first notes of the song)? That would mean you break combo, and then start for real on the second. Or is there some reason that the overhit after the second note+bass pair is more optimal?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Can you overhit after the first blue+bass (the absolute first notes of the song)? That would mean you break combo, and then start for real on the second. Or is there some reason that the overhit after the second note+bass pair is more optimal?

It's important that the overhit is after the 2nd bass+blue because its purpose is to turn the white notes (overdrive phrase) back into normal notes, therefore not receiving the 1/4 overdrive from it. If you kept that overdrive, it'd just cause a bunch of overdrive drum fills that aren't needed. Even then, if you saved up to Quiet Part 2, you'd have 3/4 overdrive bar right at that point, which becomes pointless. Dunno if that last part made sense .
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constable wrote:
inv4der wrote:

It's important that the overhit is after the 2nd bass+blue because its purpose is to turn the white notes (overdrive phrase) back into normal notes, therefore not receiving the 1/4 overdrive from it. If you kept that overdrive, it'd just cause a bunch of overdrive drum fills that aren't needed. Even then, if you saved up to Quiet Part 2, you'd have 3/4 overdrive bar right at that point, which becomes pointless. Dunno if that last part made sense .

That phrase is three note-pairs, right? Why not over-hit after the first note-pair? If it is only 2, then what you said makes perfect sense.

Like if the phrase was: , would overhitting after the second be more optimal than overhitting after the first?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's three note pairs: bass+blue, bass+blue, bass+green, but the bass+green is the only part of the OD phrase, a 2 note OD phrase. I'm just saying that for this particular situation, it has to be between the 2nd and 3rd pair (bass+blue and bass+green) to deactivate that OD phrase. It won't turn the 3rd pair back to white by over-hitting in between bass+blue, bass+blue (least that's what I assumed.)
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. When I stumbled on the Interstate Love Song glitch I immediately went through every chart looking for paths that cross and found none (except a number of songs where it was so early youd never activate there) but I missed this one - I didn't see it because the OD phrase is a single note.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constable wrote:
Well, it's three note pairs: bass+blue, bass+blue, bass+green, but the bass+green is the only part of the OD phrase, a 2 note OD phrase. I'm just saying that for this particular situation, it has to be between the 2nd and 3rd pair (bass+blue and bass+green) to deactivate that OD phrase. It won't turn the 3rd pair back to white by over-hitting in between bass+blue, bass+blue (least that's what I assumed.)

Ahh. that's where I had it confused. I thought that the first three note-pairs were all part of the OD phrase. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPRICH wrote:
Look at Someguy913's score of FP/LT it's 336k hmmm, I wonder if he knew about this and kept it to himself.......

Nope, this is the first time I've ever heard of this glitch. I didn't even know about Icephr34k's ISL vid. >_>

I was just a selfish (or maybe lazy) jerk and didn't post a new OD path I had experimented with. But now since you're calling me on it, and since I'm curious to see if this different path is better or worse than using the glitch, here's the path I used for 336k. I'll post this over in the OD forums later, or someone else can notify them. Whichever happens first.

2/OG-0/OY-0/ORG-0/OG-0/OG-0/OG

I'll try to FC with Constble's glitch and see if I can get higher than the score I got with this path. If I do, I'll post the results in this thread, and probably in the OD forums. Cool stuff, Constble.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someguy913 wrote:

I'll try to FC with Constble's glitch and see if I can get higher than the score I got with this path.

But you can't FC with Constble's glitch it won't work if you do. You can still 100% though. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEFIOX wrote:
someguy913 wrote:

I'll try to FC with Constble's glitch and see if I can get higher than the score I got with this path.

But you can't FC with Constble's glitch it won't work if you do. You can still 100% though. :P

Ok, ok, I"ll try and 100% with Constble's glitch and see if it tops an FC score with the other path. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: