FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/22 DLC - Nine Inch Nails and Shinedown
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: 7/22 DLC - Nine Inch Nails and Shinedown Reply with quote

This week's DLC features three tracks by Nine Inch Nails and two by Shinedown, now up for score-tracking:

• Burn by Nine Inch Nails
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by kn0j), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Capital G by Nine Inch Nails
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by kn0j), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Last by Nine Inch Nails

• Devour by Shinedown

• Junkies For Fame by Shinedown

The Nine Inch Nails 3-pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) and all tracks are up for $1.99 individually (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace now, and PLAYSTATION®Network after Thursday, 7/24.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Vivitas  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay. I was waiting for Devour to come out. Shinedown's Wiki page said that's what was going to happen. Now it's come true, and I feel even better because it was made in an announcement that they're trying to reach 500 DLC before the holidays. That means we're going to see more DLC coming each week. =D Yay x 2.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Vivitas
kn0j  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Guitar

Capital G - http://youtube.com/watch?v=B6uC9MjDyws
Devour - http://youtube.com/watch?v=fA0t2AmGSS4
Junkies for Fame - http://youtube.com/watch?v=VAcEXHkWSWE
Burn - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJdlX0R6wo
Last - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RncUmWwRE-4

Last edited by kn0j on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 am; edited 5 times in total
Carungi  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Bass/Guitar videos are being uploaded for the NIN pack. Also, drum videos for Capital G and Last are being uploaded. I cannot pass Burn lol

Going to sleep, find videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Carungi

For those who don't like RttH drums, don't buy Burn...holy shit.

Last edited by Carungi on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bass impressions...

Last: Very, very fun. Sort of like a much easier hysteria. but generally just full of ho/po's and such. best bass song of the week, by far.

Capitol G: fairly easy (sightread FC), but also actually pretty fun for an easy song.

Burn: Bass is fairly sparce in this song. in the beginning there are large bassless sections, and at the end you play constantly, just not very many notes. Nothing I would play on my own, but actually pretty fun to play with a full band.

Devour: Man, this song annoyed me. I guess it's just the weird rhythm of strumming at a constant rate while fretting every three notes. I guess I'm just bad at that, or something.

Junkies for Fame: another fairly basic bass song, but fun and kinetic. Nothing truly standout, but a good, solid, fun to play song.

So yeah. Bassists, buy Last. It's not as fast and technical as hysteria, or as weird and fun as Tell Me Baby, but it's a damn great bass song.
KooolAid  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im planning to pick up devour, nine inch nails is more for drummers IMO, but im not planning on picking up anything else til i see some vids, cuz i heard the tracks and they sounds kinda easy (talking about guitar/bass)
[x] Learn to tap + beat TTFAF
[] 5* TTFAF
RB:
Expert Drums [] <RTTH>
FC New dlc songs of the week []
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Koool Aid34
Convertables10  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is my not so great expert guitar review of the dlc this week and a link to my youtube so enjoy my not so great performances of the charts this week.

NIN

Burn - Are you ready for long periods of nothing followed by weird notes? Yea kinda confusing for me since I had not heard or played the song before I downloaded it. It woes some really weird chord changes with some awkward note changes. Not much fun to play just not consistent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqoPq4pcrAA expert guitar

Capitol G - Another song like above with some fast chord changes that will keep you on your toes but shouldnt take long to gold star for a great player. Another first for listening and playing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z9DSOWdzmvw Expert Guitar

Last - Actually the most fun to play out of the NIN tracks. It keeps yourt hands busy without just killing them. Has a similar start to DFTR but changes drastically after the first 30 or 45 seconds. I did a decent run on this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzXuUHack-A Expert Guitar

Shine Down

Devour - Very simple chart but fairly fast paced and will work out the strumbar as it doesnt really slow down much. I enjoyed the song no solo in it though I had a very high 4 star as i lost rythim a few times casueing my 4 star run. Good fun.

Junkies for Fame - I've heard the song a few times before but didn't realize it would be fun to play. Another that keeps your hand moving enough not to get bored but not enough to tire you either. Must download along with Devour and Last.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YBmIAhvNk expert guitar

Heres the youtube link. Please not flaming it will be deleted.

http://youtube.com/user/dbmsrcr11

Want to own the first ever double neck stratocaster? Visit my site to find out the details.

Last edited by Convertables10 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: v8s10org
BathTub  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah these NIN tracks aren't too flash for guitar really, shinedown was a lot more fun.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone try vocals on Burn yet?
do they chart the scream as a pitch at 3:44 (approx)

>____>
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convertables10 wrote:

Devour - Very simple chart but fairly fast paced and will work out the strumbar as it doesnt really slow down much. I enjoyed the song no solo in it though I had a very high 4 star as i lost rythim a few times casueing my 4 star run. Good fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqoPq4pcrAA expert guitar

That's the video for Burn.
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
So yeah. Bassists, buy Last. It's not as fast and technical as hysteria, or as weird and fun as Tell Me Baby, but it's a damn great bass song.

Quoted for truth, emphasis, and the American Way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

>____>

Nope. Is talky. Thankfully. I'd die otherwise.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
xredsox1983  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: DLC beef Reply with quote

i hate to bitch because i love the fact they come out with DLC every week.....but when they finally get a good band like NIN and get's me all excited it's NEVER any of their good songs. And thats with a lot of the DLC/Bands i see on here. Is it the bands saying "put this song on here because no one knows this song" or is it Harmonix just being not smart about it? Does anyone else agree or dis-agree?
Starz007  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn. I'm going to need more than that on guitar to make a purchase... I might get the Shinedown ones, but this set of NIN songs looks really boring to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
toymachine wrote:

>____>

Nope. Is talky. Thankfully. I'd die otherwise.

That's lame- here they have an opportunity to make Brad Delp's scream look second rate (in rockband not irl) and they make it a talky- FAIL

bah 6 Hours to go till I can play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: