FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How's the Tom Sawyer cover?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberofthebeast  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: How's the Tom Sawyer cover? Reply with quote

I ask because it's in the demo, and I have a friend who's threatening to boycott Harmonix if they mangle Geddy's voice.

I don't even know who Geddy is.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: El Oh Tee Bee
SheWantsReven  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: How's the Tom Sawyer cover? Reply with quote

lumberofthebeast wrote:
I ask because it's in the demo, and I have a friend who's threatening to boycott Harmonix if they mangle Geddy's voice.

Geddy Lee...
Harmonix is gonna fuck it up, they have the worst covers .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven
sinimax  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cover is great and sounds as close to Geddy as I think possible.

DLC WHORE!

The best band ever...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: SiNiMAX PSN Name: SiNiMAX
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom sawyer is on the demo. the cover is excellent. i suggest you find a demo and rock the shit out of it.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
TigerHawk310  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The musicianship and vocal ability are good; my one complaint is that they messed up the rhythm of the line, "the world is, the world is..."
SheWantsReven  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god! Harmonix probably dumped Wave Group, when figuring out their cover sucks. Too bad they didn't dump Made in Mexico.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I played the demo at Best Buy and had played drums on Hard for about the 5th or 6th time on Tom Sawyer, it was then that I realized it was a cover. I had no clue up until the point where I saw something along the lines of, made famous by, or something.

Song is spot on, vocals is very, very close. Overall fantastic cover.

And speaking of covers, the Paranoid cover on RB is a lot better than the one on GH3, in my opinion.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
1Darkmercenary  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How's the Tom Sawyer cover? Reply with quote

SheWantsReven wrote:
lumberofthebeast wrote:

Geddy Lee...
Harmonix is gonna fuck it up, they have the worst covers .
WTF are you talking about??? Have you listened to Neversoft's covers??? Gar...Bage! Harmonix covers are usually better than the original artist!! Except in the case of Rush...which no cover could ever come close to matching the awe-inspiring brilliance of!

Wouldn't even be here if Guitarhero.com wasn't complete fucking garbage...: )
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother, Killing in the Name, Laid to Rest... Harmonix has had their share of questionable covers in the past too. ('Course, it's mostly in the vocal performance; The guitar work is pretty much spot-on every time)

Gotta get my hands on this demo, damnit.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
dascripter  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to throw it in WaveGroup did the covers for both GH3 and I am not sure about Rock Band, but I know they did them for GH3 I saw it in the credits.
Next 3 Up:
Pychobilly Freakout (4.2) Jordan (4.7) Six (3.8)
MaddogMonty  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finalizer wrote:
Mother, Killing in the Name, Laid to Rest... Harmonix has had their share of questionable covers in the past too. ('Course, it's mostly in the vocal performance; The guitar work is pretty much spot-on every time)

Gotta get my hands on this demo, damnit.

Harmonix didn't do the covers.
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know WaveGroup did the covers, but they were in Harmonix's games (GH1 & GH2), so I was simply making that distinction.

Does anyone know whose doing the covers for Rock Band?

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being probably the biggest Rush fan on the boards, I must say the cover is good, but if you play the cover and original side by side, you can tell that the vocals are different. The vocals weren't as high pitched as Geddy's voice is. It's still a good song for the game, but I guess they had to make the vocal range a little more realistic to the user.

Last edited by RLKDragon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Libb  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
And speaking of covers, the Paranoid cover on RB is a lot better than the one on GH3, in my opinion.

Agreed. Not sure if they brought back the Ozzy singer from GH1/2 (he was spot on in Iron Man and BatM on GH1, not quite as good on War Pigs in GH2), but whoever they got is MUCH better than GH3's singer.
wesjett08  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say wavegroup...But who knows,I did notice alot of the people listed in the GH3 credits are different people from wavegroup...Mainly not Marcus henderson.The covers are pretty subpart on GH3 IMO...Seemed rushed... no pun intented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: