FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/15 DLC - The Who 12 pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum vids pl0x!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally beat Young Man Blues on expert drums after failing at that 9% spot about 9 times. that song is awesome.
trevbo5254  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't hear the vids cause the computer I'm set up on has no speakers but I will probably just go ahead and buy these because The Who are amazing.

GT:Trevbo Pwnz
Trevbo Pwnz>trevbo5254
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I checked out Young Man Blues on drums. The first roll is 16.3 NPS, the roll after that is 18 NPS, and the rolls at the end are at 11.27 NPS. The roll patterns are fucking insane. Yellow notes after every 3 reds, alternating yellow and blues, I mean this shit is crazy. That's this. IIRC, no one has even FCed the Speed Up roll in Working Man. If someone manages to get the first roll, the second one is only .6 NPS slower than Speed Up and has a much more confusing pattern. Not only that, but if someone pulled off a miracle and got those two rolls, there are fills everywhere during the song to screw you over. And obviously the roll at the end is to make sure that no one will ever FC this song. I don't believe this will ever be FCed, and if it does, it will be the greatest drum accomplishment so far.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!!! I think this pack has the first 64th notes in Rock Band (I haven't seen any other). The little gallop-green-threesome notes at the end of Eminence Front are 64th notes. They go at 24.53 NPS. That's 3 NPS faster than D.O.A.'s gallops.

Last edited by Adohu on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
Convertables10  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Who rockband DLC vids are on my youube Guitar Bass and Drums
ME cena and Darkrei9n got together this morning to play the new Who pack. Awsome songs and some excellent charts to go with it. We did lose a vid of Who are you the rest are uploading to my youtube I am going to bed and will be up shortly to take care of the rest of this. here is my youtube

http://youtube.com/user/dbmsrcr11

Want to own the first ever double neck stratocaster? Visit my site to find out the details.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: v8s10org
wlinn751  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have such a chub right now. The end of Who Are You on drums is one of my favorite moments in the game.

This is a must have for all drummers.
Caboose1984  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic, Ladies and Gentlemen. Fucking EPIC!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's anything more aesthetically satisfying than playing voxtar on Behind Blue Eyes.

The vocals are amazing, and the guitar is simply badass acoustic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself a decent drummer, but this pack completely bent me over.

Fun, but holy shit, this is hard stuff, and pretty much every song has a few spots that could lead to quick fails.

Anyone who FCs this stuff is godly.
DemonWolf21  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEFIOX wrote:
Drum vids pl0x!

http://youtube.com/jar3tt88

ReggieReturns wrote:
Dude it comes out today for Ps3.

It does! Its a Who Pack Day miracle!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've only played the drums (will get around to all the instruments eventually...but didn't feel like it today...)

I actually passed Young Man Blues on my first try (however, it was only 3 stars, and I saved OD the whole song realizing that it was the only song in the pack tiered 9, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes past the intro)

Instead I actually repeatedly failed Amazing Journey. I failed it twice before passing. Basically the outro drum solos drove me straight to failville. First time I didn't see them coming, second time I forgot how the song went and activated OD as I was nearing that part, thinking I still had a good half a minute to earn more....

Fun pack...although I'm not to sure I like Behind Blue Eyes (playing it on drums I mean...love the song). You don't play half the song, and suddenly you're playing the usual Keith Moon clusterf@#k of notes which ruins many chances of 5 stars....And I'm not sure I want to go through that couple minutes of waiting every time I want to try getting 5 stars...
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
ElvisLaw  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that this pack is the best drum pack yet. It has crazy stick work all over the place and i only played on hard so far. Such a great purchase. I can't wait for rockband 2 so I can play 14 Who songs in a setlist!
DemonWolf21  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Drums Sightreads
<==============>
Baba O'Riley - http://youtube.com/watch?v=C5ZQcbmTTDg (5*)
Eminence Front - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1-sT9PdaY (-1 GS)
My Generation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYYeStDoqfI (5*)
Who Are You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsRZD7sP5U (4*)

Last edited by DemonWolf21 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:43 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Demonwolf2121
Aureate  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Pcowperthwaite wrote:
Kawigi wrote:
RonBurgvndy wrote:
Nikolai3035 wrote:
Young Man Blues is going to rape me completely on drums. It would sound weird if I said I was looking forward to being raped, but ...

I finally passed it on the 4th try. I kept failing out at 9% but once I got past that I completed the song. It's very very fun. Even if I only hit 91% of it, lol.

My initial thought about the beginning of that song was "wait, how many arms did Keith Moon have?"

how many did he actually have or how many did he think he had?

The former, but I suppose either way is relevant. George Gershwin seems to have written piano music for people with three hands (the left-most of those hands requiring a wider span than most people have), and Kieth Moon seems to have done the same thing for drums :-)

So it's really quite a simple solution at this point. And that is to grow another arm that happens to be genetically identical to Keith Moon's.
Jagbag2  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonWolf21 wrote:
KEFIOX wrote:
Drum vids pl0x!

http://youtube.com/jar3tt88\

That link's broke, you forgot the /user/

http://youtube.com/user/Jarr3tt88
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: