FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Full Setlist to be announced on Friday, according to IGN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galye  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Full Setlist to be announced on Friday, according to IGN Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEWUDnyWd5o

IGN's Three Red Lights podcast. I really hope I didn't misunderstand this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, but that probably won't be all the songs, just the main setlist, and we won't know any setlist orders. and they won't announce the bonus songs i bet, otherwise, awesome news.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we already know 38 of the 40 songs? In addition to knowing a few of the bands in the bonus tracks (Freezepop, Bang Camero, etc.)? Just checking.
RRW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know 39 songs, but the main setlist is 45.
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRW wrote:

Yep, my guess is if this is true, we'll get 6 more songs, rounding out the main Rock Band Setlist.

They probably won't announce any Bonus Tracks at all until release, or trickle them out, who knows. But in the Bonus Tracks department, I'd guess 15 to 20 tracks. I wonder if there's any fairly famous names in the bonus setlist? Besides Harmonix's in house bands, that is. Either way, Rock Band is already awesome, they can only make it rock harder. Can't wait for this game! Good thing I'll have GH3 soon to tide things over till then.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
RRW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
RRW wrote:

Yep, my guess is if this is true, we'll get 6 more songs, rounding out the main Rock Band Setlist.

They probably won't announce any Bonus Tracks at all until release, or trickle them out, who knows. But in the Bonus Tracks department, I'd guess 15 to 20 tracks. I wonder if there's any fairly famous names in the bonus setlist? Besides Harmonix's in house bands, that is. Either way, Rock Band is already awesome, they can only make it rock harder. Can't wait for this game! Good thing I'll have GH3 soon to tide things over till then.

I'm betting there's more bonus songs than that. IGN put the endless setlist at close to 6 hours long, and the 39 songs in the main setlist right now add up to a little over 2 and a half hours - unless the bonuses are all really long, there'll probably be nearly as manhy of them as the main setlist. I think there was a preview picture on rockband.com that inadvertently revealed there being a lot of songs in the game, but it's been changed since then, of course.
DaMan1468  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it obviously takes longer then 2.5 hours to play through all 39 songs. Its definitely not gonna take the length of each song added up. Are you telling me you could play through GH1 in 2.5 hours? no way. And i'm pretty sure the endless set list wont contain bonus songs. So 5-6 hours seems about right for 45 songs if you compare to GH1/2.
RawWS6  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising... well timed to coincide with GH3 launch. Can't wait to see what happens
Rubicante  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMan1468 wrote:
it obviously takes longer then 2.5 hours to play through all 39 songs. Its definitely not gonna take the length of each song added up. Are you telling me you could play through GH1 in 2.5 hours? no way. And i'm pretty sure the endless set list wont contain bonus songs. So 5-6 hours seems about right for 45 songs if you compare to GH1/2.

After calculating the song lengths, They probably will include bonus songs in that:

without bonus songs: 2 hours 47 for 39 songs
with the seven announced: appx 3 hours 9 minutes including the bonus tracks

I didn't want to clutter the board with the list of times for each song.

Last edited by Rubicante on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
RRW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMan1468 wrote:

That's totally shoddy reasoning, what you're claiming is that you would spend an equal amount of time loading and waiting for each song compared to actually playing them. It certainly doesn't take 9 minutes to load freebird, and a few seconds of cinematics before and after each song really doesn't add up. I certainly don't think a straight playthrough of guitar hero 1 would take much longer than 2 hours, assuming the player never failed any of the songs. There is no concievable way they could get up to 6 hours on main setlist songs unless the last 6 songs are all around 30 minutes, and that's not happening.
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did they say that the endless setlist would take about 6 hours? Yeah, you'd have to include bonus songs to make it even close to that long, i bet you can play through Rock Band's setlist in about 3 hours.

As for the number of bonus songs, yes, there was a screenshot that some people took to say ## out of 85 songs completed, leading people to believe they have a butload of bonus songs. But in that same speculation thread, Harmonix guy here at Scorehero (dfan), told us to not get our hopes up when we speculated 40 bonus tracks. So I'm betting around 20.

If you take let's say 65 songs and run them at 4 minutes a piece, you get about 4 hours, 20 minutes.

Hard to conceive that the endless setlist would take 6 hours, maybe that's wrong?

Not saying I wouldn't like 40 bonus songs, but if you think about it, it'll be arond 20 songs,which ain't bad either.

The endless setlist looks like it could take about 5 hours max.

We'll see though...

RRW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/828/828539p2.html

We've even heard there is a Marathon setlist that may take six hours to beat.

okay, it may take six hours to beat, so anywhere from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 as a conservative estimate makes sense.
Woffls  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Full Setlist to be announced on Friday, according to IGN Reply with quote

Galye wrote:

I listened to it last night, i interpreted it the same way you did, i think they are going to release the full setlist today. And if there's not a song harder than Wanted DoA, i'm not buying it :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Setlist to be announced on Friday, according to IGN Reply with quote

Woffls wrote:
Galye wrote:

I listened to it last night, i interpreted it the same way you did, i think they are going to release the full setlist today. And if there's not a song harder than Wanted DoA, i'm not buying it :P

Foreplay/Long Time. Dont Fear the Reaper. Green Grass and High Tides.

I think you have reason to buy it.

And I wanna see the full list! I seriously hope its announced today. I didnt listen to the podcast, but im hoping you guys are right.

bune  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an ETA for this announcement?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: