FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GameInformer Article on Rock Band 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6stringRocketeer  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, what would have happened if HMX had NOT made an exclusivity window?
The may have not even had a say in the matter.

MS would be pissed and become lax in their support of Rock Band, maybe even breaking off all ties, though that is extreme. Less support from MS = lesser product to us.

RIP Squidy
Saaaalt Forever

CraigslistMatt wrote:
I'm way too zen to give a flying fuck what you think.
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:
Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's big bags of cash. That's just MS's MOO(mode of operation, teehee).

-CC10

That's not really fair, especially when you're accusing HMX of "accepting bags of cash." It's way more likely that Microsoft has just been helping HMX out with putting RB/RB2 on their console more than Sony. Also likely why the 360 gets voice chat, and early DLC. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy theory.

Haha, conspiracy theories are hilarious and that certainly isn't one. Conspiracy theories are like "the earth is flat". This is just business.

And 360 gets voice chat because it's a required feature for XBL. So are ranked/non-ranked matches.

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:
xQx wrote:
gdubs wrote:
xQx wrote:
These are $300 and there is no proof that these are any better quality or that they have fixed their pedal issues which have been their biggest flaw.

The pedal on the Ion RB kit is an Alesis hi-hat pedal.

Do you know if it's any good? Ion is just a budget arm of Alesis so they could try and break into the "entry class" market which no one else was doing.

No idea, I just came across that while looking at Alesis's products yesteday and noticed that it was the same as the pedal in this RB kit.

I can't vouch for its usefulness on an actual electronic drum kit, but I can tell you that the pedal in question is exactly what I use on my current RB1 drums, and it works GREAT.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
plutoknight  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:
Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's big bags of cash. That's just MS's MOO(mode of operation, teehee).

-CC10

That's not really fair, especially when you're accusing HMX of "accepting bags of cash." It's way more likely that Microsoft has just been helping HMX out with putting RB/RB2 on their console more than Sony. Also likely why the 360 gets voice chat, and early DLC. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy theory.

Haha, conspiracy theories are hilarious and that certainly isn't one. Conspiracy theories are like "the earth is flat". This is just business.

And 360 gets voice chat because it's a required feature for XBL. So are ranked/non-ranked matches.

-CC10
Exactly.

And the reason XBL gets DLC "early" is because Sony and MS update their stores at different times. Just the way its always been.

While I think the exclusitivity window is a crock of BS, I'll support it because its Rock Band. In the end, it'll make the product better for all next-gen owners. I hope, anyway.

If there ends up being stupid exclusive-to-one-console features, though....yea..........that isn't good.
tyknee  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Gamestop/EBGames (Which I'm not saying is accurate by any means) the XBOX 360 "Game only" package will ship on 9/30, with the "bundled package" (meaning instruments) will ship 10/30 (again XBOX only).

All other systems get the game only and bundles on 11/17. So 3 weeks isn't really a big deal for this PS3 owner.
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMX confirmed that the game itself will be out on September 14th for 360 and the bundle will be released simultaneously for 360 and PS3 on October 19th at e3...

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: