FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GameInformer Article on Rock Band 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnerSB  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find gdubs. Looks like a nice pedal that probably won't break.
gionta1222  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
Wow PS3 users have to wait a month or two.

Get over it.

I want to play fucking MGS4, but I dont bitch about it because Im too lazy to go out and buy a PS3.

There is a big difference between system exclusive games and games that are for all platforms. MGS is only for the PS3, theres nothing anybody can do about that. But c'mon, RB is for everything. Theres no reason it should be released on the 360 first just because Microsoft helped Harmonix with some things. It should be out for every system on the same day. At least that's my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly i'm willing to wait the extra time since i have some buddies who are getting it for 360. It's not an ideal situation, but with MS handing out bags of cash i really don't mind it that much seeing as it's really not HMX's fault.

And if you think MS isn't paying MTV/HMX a ton of money for this, get out from under your rock and look around.

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
stxbomber191  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Honestly i'm willing to wait the extra time since i have some buddies who are getting it for 360. It's not an ideal situation, but with MS handing out bags of cash i really don't mind it that much seeing as it's really not HMX's fault.

And if you think MS isn't paying MTV/HMX a ton of money for this, get out from under your rock and look around.

-CC10

But it is HMX's fault, for accepting the bags of cash and depriving different platforms of parity that they deserve. I expect these moves from Activision, not Harmonix.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stxbomber191 wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:

-CC10

But it is HMX's fault, for accepting the bags of cash
and depriving different platforms of parity that they deserve. I expect these moves from Activision, not Harmonix.

Umm, it was a pretty smart move from their perspective. Its not like they are going to lose much between the one or two months that RB2 insnt released on the other consoles, and with the money MS is throwing around, who is going to argue? Plus two months later when the game is released on all platforms, it will all be a thing of the past.
stxbomber191  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
stxbomber191 wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:

-CC10

and depriving different platforms of parity that they deserve. I expect these moves from Activision, not Harmonix.

Umm, it was a pretty smart move from their perspective. Its not like they are going to lose much between the one or two months that RB2 insnt released on the other consoles, and with the money MS is throwing around, who is going to argue? Plus two months later when the game is released on all platforms, it will all be a thing of the past.

As long as the systems are equal, then it will probably be forgotten. But if RB2 is treated like RB1 was for PS3, a lot of disgruntled people will be jumping ship to GHIV.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stxbomber191 wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
stxbomber191 wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:

-CC10

As long as the systems are equal, then it will probably be forgotten. But if RB2 is treated like RB1 was for PS3, a lot of disgruntled people will be jumping ship to GHIV.
Actually, ....I doubt that.

Then again, what did HMX screw up on the PS3 RB? If anything, GH3 runs like crap with lots of weird bugs (and lets not get started on how PS3 owners got screwed on GH:A), including audio dropouts, fretboard lag, long start-up and loading times, and occasional freeze-ups on the setlist.

The only RB Ps3 problem I've seen (That is HMXs fault, I'm not talking Activision/HMXs stingy controller driver debacle) is that when playing DLC sometimes the entire game freezes. ITs done this twice in the numerous hours I've played the game......

Anyway point being: please make the system's equal. No half-assed Activision ports, please!

(GH:A Problem - the entire game runs at a much slower framerate than the 360. For no apparent reason. Add that on top of slow load times, and many of the same bugs from GH3)
DrunkOM  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really think the "bags of cash" are really that big for a 1-2 month exclusive.

My feeling is that this "exclusivity" is more to do with Harmonix wanting to focus on getting the game done and polished on a single platform and beat GH:WT to market (and all the other October/November Holiday games) to steal some of it's thunder, and then work on the other version on whatever timeline they might need at that point.

They chose 360 because MS has worked with them in getting the DLC working how they want, getting the Music Store in the game, and it's probably sold the most on that platform
regicide24  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xygni wrote:
Almost Easy?
Bad Reputation?
I Was Wrong?
Livin' On A Prayer?
Rock'n Me?
Testify?

Aaand the "fake" setlist gets even less fake.

You all didn't believe me, but I knew! Why does no one ever believe leaks when they almost always turn out to be true?

It's like when 10,000 Days was leaked and everyone said it couldn't possibly be Tool and then when it turned out it was, everyone was disappointed but me.

No, no I love 10,000 Days as well.
Raining Blood (3.4)
Cliffs of Dover (4.0)
One (4.7)

Trent is the man.
http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/276614
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plutoknight wrote:
stxbomber191 wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
stxbomber191 wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:

-CC10

Actually, ....I doubt that.

Then again, what did HMX screw up on the PS3 RB? If anything, GH3 runs like crap with lots of weird bugs (and lets not get started on how PS3 owners got screwed on GH:A), including audio dropouts, fretboard lag, long start-up and loading times, and occasional freeze-ups on the setlist.

The only RB Ps3 problem I've seen (That is HMXs fault, I'm not talking Activision/HMXs stingy controller driver debacle) is that when playing DLC sometimes the entire game freezes. ITs done this twice in the numerous hours I've played the game......

Anyway point being: please make the system's equal. No half-assed Activision ports, please!

(GH:A Problem - the entire game runs at a much slower framerate than the 360. For no apparent reason. Add that on top of slow load times, and many of the same bugs from GH3)

sorry to continue the quote tunnel, but i do want to say that the PS3 version of RB doesn't support mics when playing online. It's really a pain to be in a band if you can't talk to your bandmates. hopefully RB2 will make this a non-issue.

-CC10

BathTub  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't necessarily think it was huge bags of cash, it could just as easily have been huge amounts of support. I mean we've got the cross game DLC compatibility, and the new character management system could have required other changes.
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's big bags of cash. That's just MS's MOO(mode of operation, teehee).

-CC10

Magnet  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the topic, I know it's a painful extra wait for PS3 users. But the great thing about this franchise and the cross-compatible DLC means that PS3 users will still be getting the weekly DLC even if the game isn't here yet. It seems like that might be pretty awkward though if the launch DLC for the first few weeks is a bunch of extra songs from artists on RB2 or one of those "incomplete" albums (with the remaining song on the RB2 disc). That's one of the weird issues we might see with this exclusive timing window with respect to DLC.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's big bags of cash. That's just MS's MOO(mode of operation, teehee).

-CC10

That's not really fair, especially when you're accusing HMX of "accepting bags of cash." It's way more likely that Microsoft has just been helping HMX out with putting RB/RB2 on their console more than Sony. Also likely why the 360 gets voice chat, and early DLC. Not everything needs to be a conspiracy theory.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is coming to 360 like a month early, that is probably a side effect of Microsoft working closer with Hmx to make the compatible DLC happen.

If it was a 6 month window... people screaming money hats would have a point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: