FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GameInformer Article on Rock Band 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure. Guitars sound at least tier 6, vox don't sound too hard, but a playtester said it themselves that it's the hardest song for drums in either game + DLC to date.

EDIT: Panic Attack is what I'm talking about.

Nah, check out a custom chart of it on youtube. It'll be at least tier 8 on guitar, 7 or 8 on bass.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
sushi111  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow PS3 users have to wait a month or two.

Get over it.

I want to play fucking MGS4, but I dont bitch about it because Im too lazy to go out and buy a PS3.
ikcilapmada  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure. Guitars sound at least tier 6, vox don't sound too hard, but a playtester said it themselves that it's the hardest song for drums in either game + DLC to date.

Yes, the drums do sound hard. I was talking about all the instruments though, and it really doesn't sound too difficult on Guitar/Bass/Vox.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: adampalicki Wii Friend Code: 343712084525
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. which arm can i eat to earn that drumset. i tells you, it's harmonix, not activision who are gods now. the drums for gh4 look like a glob of ooey-gooey shit piled on top of garbage compared to the utterly kickass ION drumset.
the only thing that bothers me is the setlist so far. NO NEW METALLICA? aww, but it kinda redeems itself with the "download ur old songs" feature. i wonder if they'll alter their drum charts to fit the new set? i dunno. maybe i shouldn't of gotten a real drumset when RB 1 came out, cuz now i'm gunna have 2!!! well, now i'll have acoustic & electric drums.

FUCK YES ROCKBAND 2. MY SOUL BELONGS TO YOU!!!!
valioso  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
wow. which arm can i eat to earn that drumset. i tells you, it's harmonix, not activision who are gods now. the drums for gh4 look like a glob of ooey-gooey shit piled on top of garbage compared to the utterly kickass ION drumset.

wow.. that was a moronic statement
Chris9092  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum set looks ridiculous, my question, compatible with Guitar hero 4(The limited edition one ofc)?

Also, i look up the leaked setlist, and if its true, ohhhhh my jesus *drools**drools**drools**drools**drools*
xQx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that seems really pricey unless it comes with the drum module to use it as a standalone drum kit (which I highly doubt). The only Alesis drum module I could find is the DM5 and it sells for $350. For $650 you could buy a better starter kit. Hell you can get an Alesis DM5 Pro Kit for $600 that has a better kick and the missing third cymbal (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-DM5-Pro-Electronic-Drum-Kit?sku=490095). $300 is a little much for me to be able to justify this just to play RB, especially with the quality issues seen in the previous Ion drum kits.
Demaar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about electronics kits, but I know enough that I'm disappointed with the pricing of the Ion kit. It looks super rad and it'd be cool to have a decent electronic kit of my own, but as xQx said, the price of the Ion kit and a drum module puts it above the price of other decent real kits. Guess I'll unfortunately be getting a second standard controller for now...

Edit: Actually, I reckon I'll make my decision after the price for the standard controller's cymbal pads are announced.
Twang  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikcilapmada wrote:
Twang wrote:

Yes, the drums do sound hard. I was talking about all the instruments though, and it really doesn't sound too difficult on Guitar/Bass/Vox.

Do as Saxual told me, and look up a custom. The riff is like those found in Stockholm Syndrome and Bury The Hatchet, and it has a pretty wtf solo.

It looks (and probably is) a lot harder than it sounds when just listening to it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
sicnarf  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xQx wrote:
Wow, that seems really pricey unless it comes with the drum module to use it as a standalone drum kit (which I highly doubt). The only Alesis drum module I could find is the DM5 and it sells for $350. For $650 you could buy a better starter kit. Hell you can get an Alesis DM5 Pro Kit for $600 that has a better kick and the missing third cymbal (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-DM5-Pro-Electronic-Drum-Kit?sku=490095). $300 is a little much for me to be able to justify this just to play RB, especially with the quality issues seen in the previous Ion drum kits.

True, but if you compare the quality between the two, the LE Ion set for RB looks a whole lot better.

I myself have a set from Ion (I bought it from Costco as a way to learn drums before I bought an acoustic set), and it's not TOO bad. The pedals really suck, though, and we can clearly see that they have better (looking) pedals. And the pads aren't ugly either. :P I seriously doubt they'll break, as I've banged on mine a lot, and it still works fine.
xQx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sicnarf wrote:
xQx wrote:

True, but if you compare the quality between the two, the LE Ion set for RB looks a whole lot better.

I myself have a set from Ion (I bought it from Costco as a way to learn drums before I bought an acoustic set), and it's not TOO bad. The pedals really suck, though, and we can clearly see that they have better (looking) pedals. And the pads aren't ugly either. :P I seriously doubt they'll break, as I've banged on mine a lot, and it still works fine.

Ya, but you paid less than $200 for your Ion set, right? These are $300 and there is no proof that these are any better quality or that they have fixed their pedal issues which have been their biggest flaw. It's annoying to get a double hit or a missed hit when you are playing on a drum kit regularly but can you imagine how frustrating it will be to miss notes in a song because of shoddy equipment? I want to break my RB drums now every time I miss a red note and know that I hit it.

That on top of the fact that you are going to have to spend another $300+ dollars on a head to use them as a real drum kit makes this seem like they are really trying milk it. If these were Roland or even Yamaha I would feel like it was a good deal.

I agree that they look nice, but looks to have anything to do with quality.
revert  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GameInformer Article on Rock Band 2 Reply with quote

ConnerSB wrote:

Some info I pulled out:
-Ability to "tune" your instruments

Lol, this wasn't meant literally, it was just a sarcastic attempt to describe people messing about with their controllers during the band selection screen.
gdubs  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xQx wrote:
These are $300 and there is no proof that these are any better quality or that they have fixed their pedal issues which have been their biggest flaw.

The pedal on the Ion RB kit is an Alesis hi-hat pedal.
xQx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:
xQx wrote:
These are $300 and there is no proof that these are any better quality or that they have fixed their pedal issues which have been their biggest flaw.

Do you know if it's any good? Ion is just a budget arm of Alesis so they could try and break into the "entry class" market which no one else was doing.
gdubs  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xQx wrote:
gdubs wrote:
xQx wrote:

Do you know if it's any good? Ion is just a budget arm of Alesis so they could try and break into the "entry class" market which no one else was doing.

No idea, I just came across that while looking at Alesis's products yesteday and noticed that it was the same as the pedal in this RB kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: