FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB1 DLC path thread for drums [Updated 10-2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Im not understanding this late hit for Charlene.
Im hitting that last yellow for the 2nd OD when its practically off the screen and that next fill always comes up.
I did manage 53,075, 430 streak. I had another 430 streak with around 52 and change so I guess I got a late squeeze in.

The fill appears to come ~ 2.477s after the OD phrase, and will show up if it comes 2.43s after the OD phrase, so you should have to hit it about 1/20 of a second late to stop it from showing up (and you'll know when it worked because you'll only have one activation in the song). However, if you're trying to do it in RB2, give it up - the fill will always show up in RB2, so 0 0 is your best bet.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
TheGlow wrote:
Im not understanding this late hit for Charlene.
Im hitting that last yellow for the 2nd OD when its practically off the screen and that next fill always comes up.
I did manage 53,075, 430 streak. I had another 430 streak with around 52 and change so I guess I got a late squeeze in.

The fill appears to come ~ 2.477s after the OD phrase, and will show up if it comes 2.43s after the OD phrase, so you should have to hit it about 1/20 of a second late to stop it from showing up (and you'll know when it worked because you'll only have one activation in the song). However, if you're trying to do it in RB2, give it up - the fill will always show up in RB2, so 0 0 is your best bet.

!
Ok I was in rb2, that would explain it. I never tried squeezing before so i guess this was a bad one to try it on.
So then I guess my score aint bad then.
Ice  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys sorry again for the update delays. Work's been crazy, which is where I normally update, so I haven't had time to update there and I've been busy at home. Hopefully I'll get an update sometime today.
Ice  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Post updated.

After reading the last couple of posts about Charlene I'm curious to know if there are any other songs that the fills show up whether it's a late or early hit. I'm debating on starting a RB2 DLC thread to match this one but I don't know if there are enough people willing to test all the paths (that's a lot of damn songs ) to see how many paths may change. If it's not that many then there will be no real reason for a separate thread, I can just specify if it's different on RB2.

Anyone willing to help or with any information on it would be very much appreciated. I still have awhile before I can test anything since I'm on the PS3 so I have to rely on the 360 guys for help.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note I think they were discussing how some fills wont show if you were using breakneck speed.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just throwing this out there incase you still needed some more confirmation, but squeezing at the end of a fill does exist in RB2.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
First Post updated.

After reading the last couple of posts about Charlene I'm curious to know if there are any other songs that the fills show up whether it's a late or early hit. I'm debating on starting a RB2 DLC thread to match this one but I don't know if there are enough people willing to test all the paths (that's a lot of damn songs ) to see how many paths may change. If it's not that many then there will be no real reason for a separate thread, I can just specify if it's different on RB2.

Anyone willing to help or with any information on it would be very much appreciated. I still have awhile before I can test anything since I'm on the PS3 so I have to rely on the 360 guys for help.

There are plenty of songs where you can control whether a fills shows up like that. As for RB2 DLC paths, the number of paths that change due to RB2's changed mechanics is staggering. I've generated what I believe to be optimal paths for all songs on both engines (shameless plug, note that non-expert paths for RB2 are probably generally wrong). Out of the 55 RB1 disc songs you can export to RB2, only 8 have the same optimal potential score (based on my algorithm's output) on both RB1 and RB2. I haven't run similar statistics on DLC, but I'm willing to wager that most RB1 DLC paths either don't quite work or are no longer optimal in RB2 (usually the former).

TheGlow wrote:
Also note I think they were discussing how some fills wont show if you were using breakneck speed.

Think opposite on that - some fills will show if you're using breakneck speed that won't show up on the default speed.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Ice  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated with the new charts.
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind, i'm going to work on transferring these guys to wiki.scorehero. Shouldn't take long...just something to keep me occupied. Great thread by the way, i always use this when i'm going for FCs.

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
Jared1287  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride the Lightning: 0-2-0-0-0-0-0-0 (I think that's how many zero's)

Per someguy's video
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
I'm curious to know if there are any other songs that the fills show up whether it's a late or early hit.

The first fill in Action in RB2 is very inconsistent. I've had it appear when it was supposed to, not appear at all and leave the chart as if I had missed one of the first two ODs, or remove the first note of the normal pattern and not appear.

Also, the OD right before the RBs in the solo don't give OD if you use the fill immediately before them, or at least didn't in my 15+ runs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polly (both games): 2 (no squeezes)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Groudon199
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi has generated 0/OG 0/OY 0/OG 2/OY for Beetlebum... But that nets 141K and there's a 160K posted to the XBL leaderboards. *shrug*
Sorixas  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Charlene now is 0/BO-0/YO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sorixas Wii Friend Code: 0046849114221123
kknyrass  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILU

[
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: