FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/8 DLC - Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rush!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: 7/8 DLC - Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rush! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features four tracks, two by Red Hot Chili Peppers and two by Rush! Now up for score-tracking:

All tracks are available for $1.99 each (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace now, and PLAYSTATION®Network after Thursday, 7/10.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
blob  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow (Hey Oh) http://youtube.com/watch?v=qenJ9hPy86w&fmt=6
Tell Me Baby http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRjrEL2V664&fmt=6

Working Man (Alternate Take) http://youtube.com/watch?v=yTLkSYS-f64&fmt=6
Closer to the Heart http://youtube.com/watch?v=8QtlNS_c1hA&fmt=6

Fun week. Snow was crazy.

Tell Me Baby seems off sync by a beat though.

All X Guitar.

Last edited by blob on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Carungi  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass videos are being uploaded. The videos are MephistoJak and I Bass score dueling, so the note charts are exactly the same.

Closer to the Heart
- Although this song is short compared to the other 3, it is not easy (as far as Bass goes. I'm looking at you ITIP). Very fun finger-picking goodness from the Geddy himself. Varies throughout the entire song. You pretty much don't play the same riff twice, and if you do, it's really fun. The whole song actually, is really fun.

Working Man (uploading)
- The bass for this song has been turned up to eleven in terms of sound and difficulty. The track is more audible than the cover version and Geddy definitely free-styles in this take. The chart is MUCH harder than the cover version, and it doesn't contain that one stupid part in the second solo that crushes anyones hopes of an FC. I love you Geddy Lee and I love you Harmonix.

Snow (uploading)
- This song starts out slow, and then goes crazy strumming madness all over you. And chords. What?! Yes, you heard me, CHORDS are prominent in this song. Very fun song to strum too. Your fretting hand will be a little bored, but this is still a worthwhile addition to the "Must-Have" list of Bass players.

Tell Me Baby (uploading)
- Oh boy. First of all, I did horrible on my sightread. I could not hit the main riff AT ALL. Now that I took it into practice mode, I can hit the riff fairly consistently. This song is very fun and has slight variations in the already challenging verse and chorus riffs to make you slip up. still, this is what Flea does best, pop-lock and slapping that bass around like it owes him money.

Last edited by Carungi on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: 7/8 DLC - Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rush! Reply with quote

Quick X Guitar thoughts:

Snow ((Hey Oh)) = Main riff is tough but charted as well as possible, last half of the song has enough chords that with the right path a five-star is easily attainable around the 230K mark. Gold would be well above 300K. In the end, it'd be nice if it was HO/POs in that main riff, but it differentiates itself from songs like Joker & the Thief in that, as someone has said before, it's almost like a combination of Blackened and Sweet Leaf.

Tell Me Baby = some awkward NotB-speed chord changes from time to time, but everything other than that is pretty simple.

Working Man = The drums sound much heavier, and the solos are noticeably different, especially the first solo. The outro is also rather crazy as well, and there is a BRE.

Closer to the Heart = Short, and not nearly as hard as other Rush songs on Guitar, but still a fun little song to play.

Working Man was my favorite one to play this week, but a lot of people will like the challenge of S((HO)) (that's an awesome acronym), especially since they might not want to pay twice for Working Man, despite it really sounding different and, in my opinion, better.

kn0j  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres vocals by KiR3D

Snow ((Hey Oh)) - RHCP - http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNDvXsrYhoA
Closer to the Heart - Rush - http://youtube.com/watch?v=blQ6N_3ykIc
Working Man (Vault Edition) - Rush -http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bG9Js5Qzfs
Tell Me Baby - RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTngxroCBc

Last edited by kn0j on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Tacgnol  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow is fucking intense (as you can tell by the video) and, if you have the patience to get the verse, incredibly fun. Also, it's so chill and fun to sing (it's listed as the easiest song on vocals!).
xKuKuKachoox  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres my first thoughts:

the first time i played snow [hey oh] on guitar this morning i was liek u gotta be joking but once i got the beat down it wasnt so tough i scored a rough 260k i believe
this is deff a fun bass week as well i played all of the bass so far for RHCP, tell me baby is very easy in the beginning but once u hit the chorus is heat up with some odd tempo picking but its a very nice tough it baffled me at first but it will be easy to get down eventually, snow [hey oh] bass was really fun, the main riff is extremely fun to play
need i forget closer to the heart, i only played this on guitar i FC'd it first time around but its not like extremely easy the solo lacked i thought but it was another fun song to play and i didnt get working man so i cant really tell you any critism for that
well i hope that helped
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got the 2 Rush songs (had exactly 320 MSP left) and they are amazing. For X-Gtr: Closer to the Heart is short and pretty easy, but what an amazing song! The Working Man master track sounds a zillion times better and the solos are much easier. This will be FC'd some non-Godly players after tons of outro chokes.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X Vox Opinions

Snow: Pretty easy FC all around, the low parts will be tricky for some. Good easy song. Sightread -2.

Tell Me Baby. WTF: part talky. There's a section in the middle where the words are in one big clusterfuck WITH an activation window. Luckly, the talkies seem to also have "Debaser" syndrome, and are easy as pie to hit. Sightread FC

Working Man: Its Geddy Lee. The chart seems off compared to whats being heard. 87% sight read. Not terribly easy or hard at the same time.

Closer to the Heart: Easier than WM, Sightread 94%, most were dumb exhaustion mistakes. Good song to sing though.

Steebeh  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered why Snow (Hey Oh) was in tier 9.

Then I played it.

5 star sightread though

Tell Me Baby was fun too.

Working Man FTW.

Never got CttH.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Josh  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush master tracks!!!!

*dies*

joshb- on IRC! | My DLC
140 RB2 Bass FC's and counting! Last: Dammit
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jbreau
Xyenon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, another song that's really fun and easy on vocals and will drive me stark raving mad trying to beat on guitar. It sounds so light and fun to listen to it, then it just hits you like a freight train.... Still love it and will get it though.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be sat here all day trying to combo Snow

Fun as hell to play, just really hard (can't pass it yet..XD) Tell Me Baby is pretty cool too, but some of the strumming rhythms in parts are strange. Didn't get the two Rush songs yet.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi:

Insightful post. If this were slashdot, I'd +5 that shit.

As it stands, I drank two cups of coffee this morning before I found out there was a "boil order" in effect for the local water supply, so now I have the shits instead.

Seriously though, those are prefect reviews for these songs after seeing them. You should consider posting those to RBDLC.com if you have an account.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On expert drums:

Closer to the Heart was fairly simple, but they threw in a lot of tricky, interesting fills. 5 starred it 2nd try.

Snow(Hey Oh) really threw me off for some reason. The beginning of it is a lot like Creep, but slightly more complex, and I couldn't get the double bass hits. Then it switches to a really tricky pattern during the later part of the song. Only 4-starred it.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: