FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S17 - Rock Band 1 Expert Guitar League - Congratulations ProffessorJoe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: S17 - Rock Band 1 Expert Guitar League - Congratulations Pro Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 17 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Rock Band 1 Expert Guitar League.
I, singemfrc, will serve as commissioner of this league.

This is an Expert Guitar League for original on-disc Rock Band songs which are included in all future exports.
European exclusives are excluded, as well as Enter Sandman, Paranoid and Run to the Hills due to export restrictions.
All platforms are allowed, and playing exports in RB2 or RB3 is acceptable. RB3 usage is recommended due to possible scoring advantages.

There will be 4 songs per week.

All regular season songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (8:59PM PST). There is no way for us to add late scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it (unless proof is included). Please be careful.

Check songs and submit scores at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues.
When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues.
When will results be posted? Results will be posted by 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night, but usually earlier if we can help it.
Playoffs
Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league when possible. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify a commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Just a reminder that one of the biggest reasons we discontinued leagues before was because of the high percentage of players dropping out before the end of the season. It ended up not being worth our time to keep these leagues organized and running when so few people were willing to stay committed to the end. Your actions affect other people, and dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again. Seriously, "I dont have time" or "I dont think I can win" are not valid reasons for not submitting! It's not hard to just submit a sightread score so the other people at least think there's competition. Habitual and/or egregious drop-outs may be banned from future leagues! This goes double for playoffs!

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for more than one week. If you are going to miss more than one week but honestly want to play additional weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9 and 10. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week. Such posts WILL be deleted!

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, we won't delete the score, but it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all! My personal goal in this League is to make it to the playoffs, but even if I don't, I look forward to playing.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I have some spare time before some errands I have to tend to this evening. Might as well get started on the Rock Band side of things because I don't have GHWT at the moment. So, I guess I shall be playing the Rock Band songs over and over again in the next two hours or so. XD

Good luck to all.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outro Solo B is very strong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all! Last season I made the playoffs in drums for the first time for any league and actually advanced a round (by forfeit on the opponent), so my personal goal is to make the playoffs and win a round against someone actually competing.

All sight reads this week for me because I have 3 finals this week, but future weeks I should do much better.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Garbar05 PSN Name: Garbar
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good starting week, mostly not all that bothersome but at least one song to motivate me to do more than one play session.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the plastic guitar for the first time in a long time today and FC'ed Here It Goes Again. I've definitely missed this game and community. Best of luck to all involved!

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I squeezed a song, feeling rusty already This should be a ton of fun! Good luck everyone!
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Hawk56  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else been getting the Disc read error with Dani California in RB3? Guess I have to dust off my RB2 disc for this league score.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk56 wrote:
Anyone else been getting the Disc read error with Dani California in RB3? Guess I have to dust off my RB2 disc for this league score.

Haven't had any trouble playing it in practice, haven't played a full run however
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Hawk56 wrote:

Haven't had any trouble playing it in practice, haven't played a full run however

I had no issues either, but I've had the game installed to my 360's HDD since about October 26th 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we do no more BRE songs? That would be great :p
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
So can we do no more BRE songs? That would be great :p

I second that, BRE squeezing sucks >_<
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you guys are playing the wrong game then.

Here's a list of all the (exportable) BRE songs in RB1, by the way.

Welcome Home
Vasoline
Train Kept A Rollin'
Tom Sawyer
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld
The Hand That Feeds
Nightmare
Mississippi Queen
Highway Star
Here It Goes Again
Green Grass and High Tides
Foreplay/Long Time
Flirtin' with Disaster
Detroit Rock City
Cherub Rock
Celebrity Skin
Can't Let Go
Black Hole Sun
(Don't Fear) The Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but most of them have whammy involved so the squeezing comes down to more than just the ticks of the BRE Unlike here it goes again >_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: