FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leagues suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to agree with dropping Bass as it seems to be MAINLY a squeeze fest and give people who are better at guitar a distinct advantage over drummers and vocalists
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, was there a split in skill level for RB Guitar last season? Because I wouldn't be able to compete with the top, but possibly a second level group of players.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
TheTinkerbread  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't here in time last season for the leagues, but from what I've heard, it seems like "twist leagues" are very fun.
I'd like to see these "twist leagues" in every category (so guitar / drums / vocals).
I'd really like to see the vocals twists, i dunno what they would be, but it could be fun.
Also, I think voxtar / drox leagues would be cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
Chuckleslovakian  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a DLC league where every week the songs are the DLC songs released that week.
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many high post counts.... *feels like a noob* PS2 Expert Drums would be nice... *hinthint*
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand. the season will start early September. Now for all of us 360 users, when Rock Band 2 comes out I don't know how enthused I will be to play RB1. Does anyone think a RB2 league would be possible?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally be in for a 360 RB2 league. I'm getting it on launch and have a full band to play, too!

GET XBOX FIXED[]

GH2 360:
5 star Hard[Done]
Finally Pass Expert on 360(I hate you, Misirlou)[]
Top 500 on Hard[348]

Rockband:
5 star hard [DONE]
pass expert [DONE]
gold star 20 songs (w/o dlc)[DONE]
gold star 10 DLC songs [DONE]

GH3-360:
Care enough to play it again[]
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I don't know if the other leagues were like this but the one-man band league didn't do a final round between the semi-final losers (to determine who's 3rd and 4th). That bracket should be ran at the same time as the finals.
ILoveTtFaF  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that X Guitar should be split in three like the GH leagues as in: A, AA and AAA. I also think it would be cool to have a guitar and bass league where it is split up by plastic instrument (Les Paul, Strat, or other third party guitars) because I do think that the people playing with Les Pauls have an advantage over those who use a Strat. Just my thoughts.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy drum league for teh nubz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we get an update from those in the know on how the process of revamping leagues is progressing? Do you have any idea of when/if they will be restarted? Any major decisions already taken? Any big surpises so far, in terms of what we'll see when leagues go back live?

Thanks.
james6432  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: leagues..... Reply with quote

RB2 league sounds better than RB1 league after RB2 comes out IMO.
yzerman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for high competition, however here are a few suggestions for the league that I think would make this run a lot smoother and give you fewer dropouts:

Split up the leagues based not upon skill level (easy, med, hard) but by the career score.

Tier 1 would be the 9 to 11 mil career score players
Tier 2 would be 6-9 mil career score players
Tier 3 would be everyone else

Splitting people up based upon career scores (single instrument) keeps the competition on a steady level. I for one wouldn't like to join a bass or guitar league, because frankly I suck and it wouldn't even be a contest with me against the top 10 in the guitar/bass leagues. Pairing players with people closer to their skill level is better for the league because it means less dropouts in the higher tiers, and better competition for the lower tier players.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yzerman wrote:
I am all for high competition, however here are a few suggestions for the league that I think would make this run a lot smoother and give you fewer dropouts:

Split up the leagues based not upon skill level (easy, med, hard) but by the career score.

Tier 1 would be the 9 to 11 mil career score players
Tier 2 would be 6-9 mil career score players
Tier 3 would be everyone else

Splitting people up based upon career scores (single instrument) keeps the competition on a steady level. I for one wouldn't like to join a bass or guitar league, because frankly I suck and it wouldn't even be a contest with me against the top 10 in the guitar/bass leagues. Pairing players with people closer to their skill level is better for the league because it means less dropouts in the higher tiers, and better competition for the lower tier players.
That poses a huuuuge problem. If a person has no scores updated, and their name is Iamchris4life(Which wouldn't normally happen; Just taking Chris as an example) You would lose. Easily, that's why it doesn't go that way. That's why we have Week 1 it's better. Post scores Week 1 or be prepared to lose.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oxi  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:

As for another idea, I would enjoy a sort of "speed round" league.

This idea is amazing... I think a lot of people who love leagues but don't have unlimited time on their hands would go for them. I'd go so far as 3-8 hours to figure out what the songs are and play them, so pathing/squeezing plays a lesser role and it would be a lot of fun. Not saying it would be for everyone but I'd sure play in those, seems like the ideal league type for someone who can't commit a ton of time but wants to be competitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: