FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Achievments!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
dfan wrote:
Sottle wrote:
I wonder if it remembers to flip which way an upstrum is when i'm playing Lefty

Of course it does! Have you no faith in us?

So you could set lifty flip and then downstrum stuff right handed to get it. Of course playing mirror mode to get an upstrum twist is sort of like swallowing the spider to kill the fly for most people..

I'm not sure that would work either. The accelerometer tilt sensor will be able to tell which way is down so you couldn't fool that way.
There is a way to get the achievement even if you can't upstrum or read the notes backward. You could is turn on lefty flip, hang upside down and watch the game on an upside down tv reflected off of a mirror.

Or just learn to upstrum for gods sake!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAWDAYUM!! I wish I was getting RB now! And the reason I'm not is because my friend is getting it and we're all just gonna play as a band at his house But knowing him he's not gonna let me do the solo vocal career while they stand and watch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ARobbSH
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with the World Tour Mode article on gamespot (sushi has a thread about it in this subforum), two things become pretty obvious that weren't totally clear before. So gigs, that seems obviously to be the different activites that are specific to each city (and probably venue specific ones inside each city too), such as the mentioned mystery set lists, stuff liek punk marathon, etc. Also, "endless setlist" is probably the name for the equivalent mode to quickplay/career in GH games which would probably just have a setlist of all the 45 liscenced songs (+bonus?) and keep track of the top scores on them like in GH career mode. (its endless, see because you can keep adding songs to it via DLC - cute, though i expect you only have ot pass the original ones that ship with the game to get the achievement).
melkay781  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, too broke to afford rock band. im spending my money on gh3 baby

get log(x)
5 star jordan (x) 270k!
Guitar hero 3 goals
beat ttfaf- (x) 5 times
get guitar hero achiev.(5 star every song on expert) (x)
enlightened guitarist achiev.(x)YES!!
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
Are we gonna get explanation of this "gig" thing soon?

If it hasn't been announced already I shouldn't say anything about it yet.

Quote:
It has the potential to be really epic :P

It certainly does...

Seeing as the gamespot article has now answered my question, I know it will be.

And I can see why you would make achievements out of them.

SheWantsReven  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achievements are mostly story-line related .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven
Waynerz99  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achievements on http://www.xbox360achievements.org or it didnt happen.

lol saying that only half joking. I mean those achievements are pretty bland...I mean theres nothing special particular to any songs. Its pretty much just beat every mode, then 5* every mode, and fc the singing modes?
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Of course playing mirror mode to get an upstrum twist is sort of like swallowing the spider to kill the fly for most people..

I'm pretty sure that I get the metaphor and still have no idea what that means.

And, in regards to up/downstum and lefty flip... it was like that in GH2 (don't remember about GH1). If you lefty flip the guitar, but keep playing righty, then trying to scroll down the main menu was really scrolling it up.
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have thought this upstrum achievement brought more realism into the game. since the way to play a bass is to pluck upwards (some people use a pick but i would assume the majority pluck, if someone could back me up?)

and if a bassist happens to pick up RB chances are they will play bass, so it should be 2nd nature to them

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Hi7  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you get 100% on vocals.... I can see a certain score can be set as the highest but 100%? there isnt really any notes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hiseven7
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
Barfo wrote:
Of course playing mirror mode to get an upstrum twist is sort of like swallowing the spider to kill the fly for most people..

I'm pretty sure that I get the metaphor and still have no idea what that means.

Both of those methods of play (mirror mode = playing with lefty flip on but hold the guitar as a righty; upstum = hit all the notes strumming only up) are twists for the GH leagues. And consensus would be that mirror twist is significantly more difficult than upstrum twist, particularly to get an FC on.
thecolonel  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

dude
thats awesome
i diddnt think a game could make me piss myself
i was wrong
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
TigerHawk310  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi7 wrote:
How would you get 100% on vocals.... I can see a certain score can be set as the highest but 100%? there isnt really any notes.

Excellent on all phrases. Vocal scoring is done phrase by phrase, and depending on how much of the phrase you get right, you get a ranking of Lousy, Poor, Average, Good, or Excellent, and a score depending on it.

Barfo wrote:
Also, "endless setlist" is probably the name for the equivalent mode to quickplay/career in GH games which would probably just have a setlist of all the 45 liscenced songs (+bonus?) and keep track of the top scores on them like in GH career mode. (its endless, see because you can keep adding songs to it via DLC - cute, though i expect you only have ot pass the original ones that ship with the game to get the achievement).

Incorrect, see this thread: http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=5685

The endless setlist is a marathon where you have to, with at least 2 people, play through the entire setlist without stopping. No saves, have to restart if you fail a song. It's unclear whether it'll include any DLC or bonus songs, but playing every licensed song back to back is painful enough. It's also still unclear as to what achievement you get, if, say, the guitarist is on expert, bassist on hard, drums on medium, and vocalist on easy. Probably the most exhausting challenge ever in a rhythm game.[/quote]
Tala  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass and the vocals are the only really hard parts. Bass because of the up strumming and vocals because I can't sing and it should be hard to get 100% anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TalaTheElite
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to play upstrum only until ig to to expert so the bass one could be easy :O
cant wait for christmas though so i can get this=]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: