FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Achievments!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted this in the Rock Band Info thread...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. I like how these acheivements aren't as ridiculous as the ones on GH3.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
maskofskin  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn. I'm glad there aren't any stupid ones like playing with a controller, but these are pretty generic for the most part.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with mask on this one. As silly as some people think the GH3 ones are, at least there were sprinkled in creative ones, like CoP with no star power, activate SP 3 times on ttfaf, etc. I guess it was because of all the extra instruments and needing to each get 4 levels of career, etc, or its some big gameplay changes, but theres not even a single achievement of the 'score over X points' or 'get over X notestreak' variety, which out of the generic GH2 ones were the most interesting to me, as opposed to the 'beat X difficulty' or 'beat X location' which seem like over 50% of those. I mean do they really need 'finish the last gig' for every venue in the game? that doesn't sound very interesting (is that just playing every song at every venue?), but maybe im not really understanding how they are using the locations/gigs in terms of the band gameplay.

Last edited by Barfo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
samqwe  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why isn't there a "Big In Berlin" Achievment? I'm sure I read somewhere that Berlin will be a venue in the game...
RawWS6  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These all look cool to me. You get achievements for completing sections of the game, rather than random shit (fail a song on easy??).

I'm not a big fan of the upstrum achievement, but I guess for a bass tune it's a creative idea, especially since I'm sure there will be a bass groove this is completely possible on.
moose47  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samqwe wrote:
why isn't there a "Big In Berlin" Achievment? I'm sure I read somewhere that Berlin will be a venue in the game...

I bet there is. The listed achievements only add up to 990. Makes sense that the missing one is the Berlin achievement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Im with mask on this one. As silly as some people think the GH3 ones are, at least there were sprinkled in creative ones, like CoP with no star power, activate SP 3 times on ttfaf, etc. I guess it was because of all the extra instruments and needing to each get 4 levels of career, etc, or its some big gameplay changes, but theres not even a single achievement of the 'score over X points' or 'get over X notestreak' variety, which out of the generic GH2 ones were the most interesting to me, as opposed to the 'beat X difficulty' or 'beat X location' which seem like over 50% of those. I mean do they really need 'finish the last gig' for every venue in the game? that doesn't sound very interesting (is that just playing every song at every venue?), but maybe im not really understanding how they are using the locations/gigs in terms of the band gameplay.

I am generally in agreement. It seems any expert-caliber player is going to casually pick these up with a full play through of the game. I would have liked to have seen a few oddball or challenging ones. (as long as they don't involve the standard controller ) The only ones that have me wondering are the references to "endless setlist".

The best summary of this list... average and formulaic. Not bad, not AMAZING, but average.
evanft  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:

QFT.

I'm throwing a big pile of MEH on these.

When the notes come by, play them on the guitar. Don''t fail by the end of the song.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am generally in agreement. It seems any expert-caliber player is going to casually pick these up with a full play through of the game. I would have liked to have seen a few oddball or challenging ones. (as long as they don't involve the standard controller ) The only ones that have me wondering are the references to "endless setlist".

Yeah thats exactly it. It seems liek if you play through the game through all the modes you get 90% of these, the onyl exceptions being the 4 100% ones, the 4 online multi ones (i assume thats what duel/tug of war are), and the platinum artist one (which i assume is a meet your maker-like viral one). One of the design goal of achievements usually seems to be to give entended value to the game, past just a simple play through, so in terms of doing that this list seems perhaps less than stellar.

On the 'endless setlist' i have two theories. One is that maybe 'endless setlist' is their way of just refering to the quickplay (or career) setlist in general or something (note that there is no easy diff setting). (maybe they are usign the term endless to lt you know that with DLC, etc, its endless). on the list order its nesteled between beating the world band tour mode and the gig achievements so maybe that just means completing all of the songs (or maybe its a special challenge that requires like a 5*-level performance on each song like guitar god or something) which would make good symetry (there would be then achievement for beating the band tour mode overall, for passing each song, and for playing each venue in a city).

On the other hand (and more excitingly) 'endless setlist' could be a different mode, like some sort of random song chooser or medley type situation. cant figure out why there would not be an easy chievement if that was the case, however..
dfan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
I wonder if it remembers to flip which way an upstrum is when i'm playing Lefty

Of course it does! Have you no faith in us?
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
Sottle wrote:

So you could set lifty flip and then downstrum stuff right handed to get it. Of course playing mirror mode to get an upstrum twist is sort of like swallowing the spider to kill the fly for most people..
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
Sottle wrote:

course we do

Are we gonna get explanation of this "gig" thing soon? It has the potential to be really epic :P

And I love the A-NI-MAL achievement

dfan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
dfan wrote:
Sottle wrote:

So you could set lifty flip and then downstrum stuff right handed to get it.

Ha, good point, although for doing that I think you deserve an achievement even more than the people who do it the "right" way.
dfan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Are we gonna get explanation of this "gig" thing soon?

If it hasn't been announced already I shouldn't say anything about it yet.

Quote:
It has the potential to be really epic :P

It certainly does...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: