FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ScoreHero Invades Harmonix (Rock Band Impressions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome guys, thanks for the reviews! My only questions is regarding the rumor of Rock Band on the wii. Did anyone get a chance to ask or hear about that?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
nosa21  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read. Passed a lot of time at work, but it was worth it. I can not wait for this game. The solo buttons look fun to me. Can't wait to try them out.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During sections where use of the solo buttons open up, can you still use the regular fret set (and if so, does the no-strum rule apply to it as well), or can it only be one at a time?
Also, how is hyperspeed/multiple scroll speeds being handled?

Man, I really need to win the GH tournament this weekend, that way I can get GH3 and RB. Glad to see RB won't disappoint!

(Can't wait to see the first video of someone scatologically activating vocal Overdrive.)

Last edited by Deschain on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
LOSTin2007  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximus you crazy! lol

Thanks for the reviews guys all looks like great stuff!

-Jake
lemonhead  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. My mind currently is thinking the following

50%- Get both Rock Band & GH3.

35%- Don't get Rock Band and just get GH3.

15%- Drop GH3 preorder that I've been saving up for the past 2.5 months (only 14 years old here!) and just get Rock Band.

100%- Let my head explode and face melt from the awesomeness that is the two greatest video games ever made. Ever.

- --- -- ... .- .-- -.-- . .-.

Last edited by lemonhead on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
During sections where use of the solo buttons open up, can you still use the regular fret set (and if so, does the no-strum rule apply to it as well), or can it only be one at a time?

You can use either set of fret buttons during solos. The regular ones will always require you to strum (or HO/PO) as usual. In fact that's what everyone did during solos because every time we went down to the smaller buttons it was instafail. I think it will take a while for me to get used to them because it feels different to have your natural hand position covering all five frets (the width of 4 regular fret is about the same as all five solo frets).

As an after thought, I'm not sure how the strumbar signal itself is processed when you use the solo buttons. Since you get an auto-strum every time you press a solo button I'm now wondering if the strumbar is "muted" to avoid an over-strum. I'm not sure. The others who played more might shed more light on this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
dfan  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
As an after thought, I'm not sure how the strumbar signal itself is processed when you use the solo buttons. Since you get an auto-strum every time you press a solo button I'm now wondering if the strumbar is "muted" to avoid an over-strum. I'm not sure. The others who played more might shed more light on this.

It's like the way the strum bar works during regular HOPO sections - it can only help you, not hurt you. You'll need to use it anyway sometimes for fast repeated notes on a single fret that are too fast to play just by pressing the fret button over and over.

I'm glad that you guys were finally able to write up your trip and that you had a great time. We enjoyed showing the game off to you
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfan wrote:
discgolferpro wrote:

It's like the way the strum bar works during regular HOPO sections - it can only help you, not hurt you. You'll need to use it anyway sometimes for fast repeated notes on a single fret that are too fast to play just by pressing the fret button over and over.

But according to DGP's report of the frets, you could alternate tapping one fret on the regular set and another on the solo frets, right? Granted, that sounds counter-intuitive (and hand-tiring), but I think it would be cool to be able to tap by keeping one hand on the regular set and go into tapping position by simply bringing your right hand onto the solo frets.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
jterps13  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to play the Rock Band demo on Thursday. I only go to play Paranoid on guitar and sing to it. The timing is much more percise than in GH. and the vocals are awesome, very difficult, but awesome. The drums looked pretty realistic but i didnt get to try them. Can't wait for this or GH3!!!!
LordAnarchy  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just creamed myself reading

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: guitars compatable with each other Reply with quote

Someone asked if the gh3 guitars would work with RB. I read on wikipedia
"the controller will feature an effects pickup switch and be available in both wired and wireless versions. Harmonix has confirmed Guitar Hero guitar controllers and additional third-party controllers will be compatible with the game."

Thats a good thing because i was looking at preorders and the wireless guitars to buy a 2nd guitar arent avialible until feb 08. Which sucks. So here is my question. It appears the gh hero guitars are confirmed to work with RB. Has anyone heard anything about RB working with GH? I am hoping I can purchase the GH3 set for the PS3 and only get one guitar. Then when RB comes out I can use the GH controller as the bass guitar, and use the RB guitar for coop on GH3.

Any insight would be awesome. Waiting to preorder until i figre this out...hmmmmm.

Also a big thanks to the crew for all the reviews. Took forever to read but very insightful. I think everyone can agree the staff here ROCKS!!!
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: guitars compatable with each other Reply with quote

Bosestyle wrote:
Someone asked if the gh3 guitars would work with RB. I read on wikipedia
"the controller will feature an effects pickup switch and be available in both wired and wireless versions. Harmonix has confirmed Guitar Hero guitar controllers and additional third-party controllers will be compatible with the game."

Thats a good thing because i was looking at preorders and the wireless guitars to buy a 2nd guitar arent avialible until feb 08. Which sucks. So here is my question. It appears the gh hero guitars are confirmed to work with RB. Has anyone heard anything about RB working with GH? I am hoping I can purchase the GH3 set for the PS3 and only get one guitar. Then when RB comes out I can use the GH controller as the bass guitar, and use the RB guitar for coop on GH3.

Any insight would be awesome. Waiting to preorder until i figre this out...hmmmmm.

Also a big thanks to the crew for all the reviews. Took forever to read but very insightful. I think everyone can agree the staff here ROCKS!!!

Guitar/game compatability guide:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26086

Harmonix only confirmed that existing (pre-GH3) guitars would definitely work with RB. They haven't had the chance to test the GH3 guitars so they can't be 100% sure, but they should work. It is by no means definite, though.

We don't know about RB guitars working on GH, either. I doubt anything will be confirmed until release, when people can test them for themselves.

Playing GH3/RB Online? Join the XBL/PSN/Wii list!
Over 570 players and rising, now separated by console!

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26327

Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26086
Chris Vance wrote:
I GOT [GH3] ON TEH SEGA DREAMCASTZ FOR 20 BUCKZ ON TEH BLACK MARKETZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
taz3485  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band sounds fantastic, the drumming on the game definately sounds challenging, and I like a challenge, me being a percussionist AND a guitarist of the electric and bass guitars, this game is definately gonna be loads of fun, but I do have a couple of questions

1. Will it be harder for women to sing all the hard rock songs? Cuss I know a chick that REALLY wants Rock Band, and she's a very good singer

2. What did yalls characters look like after you customized it?
Simple, I started the thread, and Joerod replied. It's all downhill from there.
Achieve Log from GH1 through GH 80's [X]
Achieve Log equivelant for GH3 []
Achieve Guitar God Status equivelant for GH3 []
Achieve 1000 posts on Scorehero []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RB van is coming to UMass October 24th!
Reading these lengthy yet insightful impressions was awesome, I cant wait to get my hands on the game, even if for just an hour or two

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice read. Thx for being persistent with the Harmonix PR folks.

As you might expect, I have a few questions about game mechanics, as I'm off work and thinking about algorithms for optimal pathing already

1) On Guiter/Bass "overdrives", does the extra OP ("Overdrive power", for lack of a better term) that you get by running into an OPP (overdrive power phrase) while in an activation get added to the current activation (effectively making the current activation longer), or does it get "banked" for the next activation?

2) How often are these "drum OP activation points"? Every few measures? At the end of "sections" of the song (like end of a verse, end of a chorus, etc.)? It sounds like these get a little tricky as (a) they let you potentially "skip" a tough part of the song w/o losing combo, and (b) they may obscure OPPs. Is there anything else to the "trickiness here"

3) How do the drums feather out of an OP activation? Is it abrupt and just right back into the song?

Thanks a bunch guys. It sounds like you had a great time.

Check out my SP Galleries for GH1-PS2, GH2-PS2, GH2-X360, GHRT80S-PS2, and GH3
GH2 Log: 9/2/2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: