FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
thecaptainof vs b08smith
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: thecaptainof vs b08smith Reply with quote

So... my accomplishments topic rapidly started heading towards a casual one-up battle, so we might as well bring it over here. We're talking expert guitar, nothing serious, just for the sake of motivating each other.

CURRENT STANDINGS:
11th August: Bob can has teh lead.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 6 times in total
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be an epic battle of mediocrity the likes of which have never been seen!

Just checked the new standings and you seem to have leap-frogged me by some distance. Oh well, far to pissed now to do anything about it now, probably rules out most of tomorrow as well

Let the games begin!

b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pushed over 8mil.

Your turn

Have you played many of the bass tracks? We could make it a duel guitar/bass rivalry if you're interested

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, OK, that leaves me with a bit of work to do... lucky I was already planning to pull an all-nighter. Maybe I should start looking at paths, or something.

I haven't played a lot of bass, despite it being the thing I was most interested in... just did 'random song' for a while (and got the same bloody songs over and over and over and over again), scribbled down the ones I FC'd and nothing else. I could happily play the rest of 'em and see what happens.

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna devote the rest of this evening to finishing off what I haven't done yet - that is, DLC on hard and expert. I've entered all my DLC scores for expert and I'm doing the same for hard when I've finished this edit, and it annoys me that I've got gaps for songs I've bought. So yeah. I've got all week free, so I can make improvements pretty much at my leisure.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well next week's gonna be a bitch for me. Got a training course all week with exam that I'll actually have to revise for every evening

Might get a few runs at pushing up my bass score over 8mil to join all the others

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds... fun. Well good luck wi' that, I'll try not to slay you too much in the meantime. :P

Just uploading the rest of my hard DLC scores now. Expert can sod off until later.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't forgotten, h'oh no. I just finally found the time to have a go. Not a whole lot of improvements, but enough to put me slightly in the lead.

Your move, sir.

I've not put anything up for bass yet, I'll get onto that soon enough.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I guess I do have something to do tomorrow after all

My training coure/exam week of hell is finally finished so once my brain recovers I can get back to more important things like RB

EDIT: Buy one get one free breakfast cocktails FTW! Far to pissed to attempt improving any scores now

Guess you'll have to stay ahead for a little longer.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast cocktails? Is this some kind of magic that I've somehow managed to miss in my pissed-up studentdom?

I actually put in a couple more small improvements since I last posted here, I just couldn't be arsed to post again. Since I'm up horribly early and I've already done most of my internet stuff for the day, I might spend the day doing some bass. I'm working three days this week so I dunno how much I'll get done...

EDIT: Yeah, I've made a start on bass. It'll be a slow process 'cos I can't resist the urge to restart every time I screw up. Still, 11 FCs out of 13 played so far.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, yesterday was pretty messy. New bar about 30secs from my door does BOGOF cocktails everyday till 7:30pm. Not the best place to start the day (or possibly THE best )

Still I did manage to beat the ESL playing X voxbass, mostly while pissed.

Today seems to have involved quite a lot of drinking as well which seriously inhibits my guitar playing

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still doing this? :P

I'm off guitar for a couple of days I think - soon after we finished playing earlier, my brother's cat clawed my finger open and it's a bit awkward to play at the mo.

I'll be back round there to do the Endless Setlist at some point during the week, wish me luck etc. Annoying 'cos it means I'll have to do it again on my band when I get that far, unless we can both get it if I recover my gamertag again?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate I'm still down. No updates due to no improvement

I just don't seem to be feeling the guitar at the mo but I am still determined to regain the lead!

May also have something to do with my break from smoking da herb - which has lead to an increase in drinking. (drug substitution FTW) Good for singing but bad for geetar

Did you finish off all the bass tracks? Mine are all pretty much SR's but if I can push the total to over 8mil I'll probably leave it there. (Slowly working my way up the total instrument leaderboard )

EDIT: Oh and good luck with the ESL. You'll get the achiement if your gtag is signed in plus a shiney platinum icon for what ever char you complete it with.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I never got around to finishing the bass, too much temptation to restart every time I fucked up meant it took forever to get through it... ended up abandoning it. I'll do it at some point, when I'm looking for a distraction or something, usually seems to be the way.

I don't even know why I'm here right now, I can barely keep my eyes open... time for sleep.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looky looky I is ahead (barely)

Think I'm about to switch vices again and stop drinking for a bit so guitar scores should continue to improve hopefully

EDIT: Made some more improvements. It's quite worrying how much better I am when I smoke

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I've got some work to do... nice one fella. Might be time for me to start looking at paths innit.

Also, I was planning to stop being lazy and get on with bass today.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: