FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is your forum rank "Rocker" again? It's not a Bug!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle.Monkey wrote:
And I never pyramid posted like that again.

And that wasn't the issue of the warning (at least not the main one). It was the CONTENT of your posts that you were warned about, in addition to the stupid quote tunnels. Topic derailment for "lulz" is just stupid, and often a reason for warnings, perma-rockers, and in extreme cases, bans.

Just wanted to clear that one up for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
If that isn't clear enough for you, and you still can't figure out what you did wrong, then I hold the tiniest shred of hope possible that you'll ever become a civil, intelligent poster on these forums.

I wouldn't worry too much about any of that from now on. I'll just stick to keeping my scores up to date from now on. Thanks for the clarification.
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, IWillKickU had a good response about this:

IWillKickU wrote:
As far as mods being too strict, I could not disagree more. When I first discovered Scorehero, I used to post on almost every single topic. So I got permarockered . I was sad. I thought that the rest of my scorehero career would be as a pariah with a gray label. And, dare I say it, I thought that the mods were too strict. I nearly threw a temper tantrum and posted a "WHY W4Z I P3RM4R0KKERZDED?!?!?!!!!?!?" thread, but I calmed down and just cut my posts to strictly relevent and useful posts. Wouldn't you know it, a week later my Guitar Legend (or whatevr it was back then) was restored. Why? Because the mods are fair. They sent me a stiff warning and I shaped up. If they were less strict, I would probably have been a freebird months ago and no one would like me, because 9/10 of my posts would be useless. They not only gave me a second chance, but helped to teach me how to be a more worthwhile and respected forum user. So I'm still greatful to whichever one permarockered me (and to whichever one un-rockered), because it helped me grow. Go mods. <B

I object to this post. I have been "Perma-Rockered" for about a month or two. Right after the day i got rockered i COMPLETELY stopped useless posts.

And still to this day as you can see, i am still rocker.....

So the mods dont EXACTLY treat EVERYONE fairly. Why is it that i am posting more usefull posts and stopped spamming, and i'm still a rocker...

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanmandic wrote:
Quote:
Also, IWillKickU had a good response about this:

IWillKickU wrote:
As far as mods being too strict, I could not disagree more. When I first discovered Scorehero, I used to post on almost every single topic. So I got permarockered . I was sad. I thought that the rest of my scorehero career would be as a pariah with a gray label. And, dare I say it, I thought that the mods were too strict. I nearly threw a temper tantrum and posted a "WHY W4Z I P3RM4R0KKERZDED?!?!?!!!!?!?" thread, but I calmed down and just cut my posts to strictly relevent and useful posts. Wouldn't you know it, a week later my Guitar Legend (or whatevr it was back then) was restored. Why? Because the mods are fair. They sent me a stiff warning and I shaped up. If they were less strict, I would probably have been a freebird months ago and no one would like me, because 9/10 of my posts would be useless. They not only gave me a second chance, but helped to teach me how to be a more worthwhile and respected forum user. So I'm still greatful to whichever one permarockered me (and to whichever one un-rockered), because it helped me grow. Go mods. <B

I object to this post. I have been "Perma-Rockered" for about a month or two. Right after the day i got rockered i COMPLETELY stopped useless posts.

So the mods dont EXACTLY treat EVERYONE fairly. Why is it that i am posting more usefull posts and stopped spamming, and i'm still a rocker...
Thats why you should ALWAYS think before your posting.
Battle.Monkey  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanmandic wrote:

Things like this is probably not helping your case. Yeah, it sucks, and I hate seeing that ugly gray box there too, but coming here and somewhat bashing on the moderators is not going to do you any favors and make them lift it. If anything its just going to make your sentence longer than it already is. There is nothing we can do about it but wait, whether it be a week, or 6 months, or never. Its really not up to us, its up to them. Honestly I'm not expecting it to be lifted off my name anytime soon, and I'm alright with that now. Was kinda pissed earlier, but now its just like "Meh, at least I don't have that lame rainbow there anymore." You just gotta be careful about what you post and where. Basically if its less than a sentence long, don't post it. If you have something longer than a sentence to post, make sure it counts and isn't just nothing at all. You can make goof remarks, but just make sure at some point it ties into the topic at hand, and don't go overboard. (Just because George Carlin got away with it, does not mean you will. )

Basically, just be patient and don't act like a goof and I'm sure someone will notice. Like them or not the mods are here to keep the majority pleased. Not everyone, not you, but the majority. And unfortunately, we were part of the problem, and they took steps to try and correct our behaviors, so now we just gotta live with it. Just be happy you can still post if you feel the need to.

(See! I'm not a complete immature slob! )
Morkai  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it seems a bit outrageous, but why would anyone actually complain about this? I find a 'rank' in a forum about as useful as how many profile views you have on myspace, it isn't as if it's the end of the world if you become permarocker'd, you know? but you know what, I'd take a permarocker over post-whoring compared to a ban. The mods ARE being fair, because you know at anytime you could just become banned for inane and useless posts. I like to think this is the 'happy' alternative.

It doesn't really prevent your participation on scorehero, now does it?

do you really think some 'Freebird' is going to not reply to anything you say because you're a perma-rocker?

I think not.
Silly  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morkai wrote:
excellent post

Pretty much that. A 119x15 pixel banner that's coloured grey doesn't make any points you raise less valid, doesn't really affect your stature in the community, and shouldn't put you off posting (unless it's general shit). You're still here, so make the most of it...

dusanmandic wrote:
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

per·ma·nent (pûrm-nnt)
adj.
1. Lasting or remaining without essential change

Relax, and read Morkai's post.

this is the greyest topic I've ever seen :P

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question say I got banned would that be like forever or a month? How long would it really be? And say I come back after being banned I would think it would be nice to say why I got banned in the first place?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
dabears116  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was perm-rockered for just one smart ass comment according to a PM. Its like the mod was in a bad mood.

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears116 wrote:
i was perm-rockered for just one smart ass comment according to a PM. Its like the mod was in a bad mood.

Sorry, but I'm a curious guy. No you aren't the smartest poster on the forums, and sometimes your grammar can be bad, but I didn't remember seeing anything from you that deserved a perma-rocker. So I went and looked at most of your recent posts, and the only possible smart ass comment was one you made in a mod's thread:

dabears116 wrote:
guys sully hasnt touched this in months. he may not be updating

So is that the pm'd reason?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its this
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164872#164872

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears116 wrote:
ugh dont worry about this guy, at this rate its only a matter of time before ur perm rockered. Staff edit: You meant yourself, right? OK, done.

and btw they are different, quiter, bouncier pads, and a stronger metal pedal

Ahh, so I guess you were perma-rocker'd for backseat moderating. That guy was getting annoying though, kept posting useless threads, along with resurrecting a long dead thread then creating a new one asking if he was the only one who liked doing that.

This isn't too bad of an offense though, just keep making intelligent relevant posts that add to the topic and maybe send a nice pm to some of the mods (or some cake ) and perhaps you'll eventually be colored again. Just look at some of the earlier posts in this thread for an example of such a situation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: removed.

Don't freak out guys, there is hope. Don't let it bother you, and if you post well, intelligently, and be a good member, you may be restored eventuallty. IWillKickU pretty much said exactly what I think right now.

Last edited by dabears116 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-whoring is surely the most common infraction that results in a Perma-Rocker, but it's not the ONLY offense worthy of the title. Backseat moderating is generally seriously frowned upon; Moderators and Administrators don't really like being told how to do their jobs (regardless whether or not you felt that this is what you were doing, it was probably seen that way). They DO welcome a useful heads-up via PM of a user or topic that probably needs to be looked at, but when someone that's not on the Moderating staff starts throwing around threats of punishment without actually trying to contact the staff in the first place, it may just rub the staff members the wrong way.

To sum up for the future, don't try to take the law into your own hands. PM a Moderator to take care of whatever situation you're about to comment on, taking into consideration whether or not the situation is serious enough to require it. No one likes having their toes stepped on.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
dabears116  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm alright now. I've realized it wasn;t post-whoring, but maybe I was just being a dick in some instances. About 2 months back, I had some smart-ass comments.

I'm alright though, I will continue to post, but of course being nicer. I won't let this stop me from being active here.

I just did the normal cycle every permarocker does, you know, the post that says the ZOMG WHY WAS I ROCKERED!!! and then the calm phase.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: