FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is your forum rank "Rocker" again? It's not a Bug!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Is your forum rank "Rocker" again? It's not a Bug! Reply with quote

Read the rules.

If you post a Bug Report about this you will be banned.

Last edited by socrstopr on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: socrstopr
duck  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i clicked your link up there and (just so you know) it doesnt work.

it says "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

so yeah.
just helpin you out =P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, I think this might be the link he was trying to post.

Forum Rules

This is the link it gave in the GH Scorehero Topic.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm still not understanding the issue after reading the thread linked above... So are these "consequences" spoken about including the degrading of your rank? This is just something that has piqued my interest because I'm confused as to whether it is a bug or a punishment.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
LolCMonkees  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ, banned? Don't you think that's kinda harsh?

Whatever...
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MSHTenor: What issue? What consequences? This thread exists to inform people that having "Rocker" as your avatar banner when you have enough posts for a higher rank isn't a bug, it's intentional.

the thread that socrstopr linked wrote:
Q: I was a Guitar Legend (SH avatar banner) and all of a sudden I see Rocker. What happened?

A: You are a Post Whore. More precisely, a Moderator has determined that your contributions are worthless and inane. We especially look for instances of "Yeah, I agree", "In Before Lock", "Me too!", and "You go girl!". This means you have been demoted for stupidity and you're lucky you're still around.

@luminousnerd: What are you talking about?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:

@luminousnerd: What are you talking about?
I think he's talking about being banned for posting a bug report, I don't think anyone has though...
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
@MHSTenor: What issue? What consequences? This thread exists to inform people that having "Rocker" as your avatar banner when you have enough posts for a higher rank isn't a bug, it's intentional.

On that thread from socrstopr linked... I got
Quote:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

I was looking at the thread Riku linked. That's what was confusing me...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
Battle.Monkey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going to assume that no one needs to inform you of when you do this? If you ask me thats best being an ass. "I'm going to punish you, and not tell you why. And if you keep doing this, even though you don't know what you did, we are going to ban you."

Like shit, maybe some warning beforehand? A PM when you do it letting the person know why it happened? Could be nice, maybe even might make people correct the behaviour.

I'm going to assume that I got "Perma-Rocker" because of "post-whoring." But even still, a warning saying "Hey, stop this or this might happen." would have been nice. And the fact that some people around here have been Backseat modding for a long time now, and no one has punished him, despite the fact he was warned, but still continued to do it.

Where is the Justice? WHERE IS THE HUMANITY!? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd assume it had more to do with your rather descriptive post in the recently-locked topic about Snow.

As far as why it happens, the reasons vary. It may be due to "post-whoring" or topic derailment, or it may be due to just posting something that is deemed way out of line (I've been de-voiced on IRC at least once for the latter infraction). Generally speaking, they really don't Perma-Rocker people without a good reason, and the best way to get to the bottom of the matter is to PM a Moderator and ask why it was done.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle.Monkey wrote:
Like shit, maybe some warning beforehand? A PM when you do it letting the person know why it happened? Could be nice, maybe even might make people correct the behaviour.

You were warned.

Also, IWillKickU had a good response about this:

IWillKickU wrote:
As far as mods being too strict, I could not disagree more. When I first discovered Scorehero, I used to post on almost every single topic. So I got permarockered . I was sad. I thought that the rest of my scorehero career would be as a pariah with a gray label. And, dare I say it, I thought that the mods were too strict. I nearly threw a temper tantrum and posted a "WHY W4Z I P3RM4R0KKERZDED?!?!?!!!!?!?" thread, but I calmed down and just cut my posts to strictly relevent and useful posts. Wouldn't you know it, a week later my Guitar Legend (or whatevr it was back then) was restored. Why? Because the mods are fair. They sent me a stiff warning and I shaped up. If they were less strict, I would probably have been a freebird months ago and no one would like me, because 9/10 of my posts would be useless. They not only gave me a second chance, but helped to teach me how to be a more worthwhile and respected forum user. So I'm still greatful to whichever one permarockered me (and to whichever one un-rockered), because it helped me grow. Go mods. <B

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouzo wrote:
Battle.Monkey wrote:

You were warned.

And I never pyramid posted like that again.
DeathTollXD  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o wait I never got warned on a Perma-rocker. nuff said. But I think I posted on every god damn thread

GOALS
1. 10Million guitar- Im done with that shit
2. IDK ( )
emptyset  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle.Monkey wrote:
Ouzo wrote:
Battle.Monkey wrote:

You were warned.

And I never pyramid posted like that again.

Well, since you wanted to make this public instead of messaging a staff member, here's why you have received a visible warning.

You posted 46 times Monday and Tuesday. Here are some of your recent gems:
Battle.Monkey wrote:
I lol'd.

Battle.Monkey wrote:
Second one today...

...how do you screw this up? I mean, wrong category is one thing, but wrong fucking forum? Jesus.

Battle.Monkey wrote:
This.

And a smart-ass post indicating the spelling difference between 'disc' and 'disk,' while contributing absolutely nothing else to the thread.

Fairly certain that every topic on here does not require every single brief affirmation and emotion possible from you. As if that wasn't enough, you single-handedly derailed the "Snow (Hey Oh)" chart topic with an obscene, filthy, completely uncalled-for rant. The warning serves for you to take a look back at your recent posts and change your behavior. If that isn't clear enough for you, and you still can't figure out what you did wrong, then I hold the tiniest shred of hope possible that you'll ever become a civil, intelligent poster on these forums.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: