FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Small Song List on X-Play for RB2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercuryshadow09  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ax3 wrote:
The already songs in the setlist confirms DLC compability

If you're talking about DLC working with RB2 it's already been confirmed that it will.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Songs is tier 3 in Rock Band, so judging from the difficulties listed for Give It Away we're looking at the guitar set list. Just a guess.

Perhaps the "2" next to the song names denotes that they are songs from Rock Band 2? Could just be wishful thinking on my part, but perhaps there's a way to play the RB1 on-disc songs in RB2 and that icon tells you which game the song is from.
downfall  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:
Solid Songs is tier 3 in Rock Band, so judging from the difficulties listed for Give It Away we're looking at the guitar set list. Just a guess.

Perhaps the "2" next to the song names denotes that they are songs from Rock Band 2? Could just be wishful thinking on my part, but perhaps there's a way to play the RB1 on-disc songs in RB2 and that icon tells you which game the song is from.

This.

The two songs at the bottom that we already know about and already have are clearly marked with something that's not a "2".
notBowen  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do love Everlong as a song watching this has convinced me it's going to kick my fucking ass. Curse you high-hat.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downfall wrote:
gdubs wrote:

This.

The two songs at the bottom that we already know about and already have are clearly marked with something that's not a "2".

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:

Problem is, MTaF is tier 4 guitar, and AtST is tier 2. I don't think this is confirming any tier info yet.
Magnet  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the most intriguing thing to me about this screenshot is the "2" icon. Why bother with a "2" unless there's the possibility for a "1"?

I'm hoping this may be an indicator that RB1 songs will be able to be played in RB2 somehow. But it's all speculation at this point.

Also, Kids in America by Kim Wilde? Totally unexpected and totally win if true. But where's the guitar in that song? The bass is totally awesome, but would the guitar be synth or something? Because that would be sweet. Or is that actually a guitar with some effects on it? Anyone an expert on this?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Panic Attack is the one by The Paddingtons. But of course it won't be, because they're British and (insert regular 'Harmonix hates Europe' ramble here).

As for Kids In America... how 'bout the cover by The Bloodhound Gang? Still, I'd be well happy with the Kim Wilde version.

None of which matters because it's never going to come out here anyway. Oh wait, I already inserted that ramble once, repetition may be a little unnecessary.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Charron  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnet wrote:
Also, Kids in America by Kim Wilde? Totally unexpected and totally win if true. But where's the guitar in that song? The bass is totally awesome, but would the guitar be synth or something? Because that would be sweet. Or is that actually a guitar with some effects on it? Anyone an expert on this?

No, but I do cruise Vice City to the sounds of Wave 103. :P

I'd bet it gets the Freezepop treatment, with synth on guitar, maybe with a little effect work so it sounds more guitar-like.
JaKE740  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This screenshot re-confirms the statement that I will not be buying GH:WT.
mct  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
None of which matters because it's never going to come out here anyway. Oh wait, I already inserted that ramble once, repetition may be a little unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that RB2 will be out in europe at the same time as in US. (I think that was wiki talking so idk)

Also Everlong=RttH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: little jerry12
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mct wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that RB2 will be out in europe at the same time as in US. (I think that was wiki talking so idk)

No, you're right, sort of. It was 'confirmed' by EA, and then swiftly un-confirmed:

EDIT, better link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=164239

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's break this down...

Rock Band 2 has just stolen a good portion of World Tour's thunder by acquiring Everlong, System of a Down, and Dream Theater; in addition to scooping up Cheap Trick, BSSM-era Peppers, Journey (and thus securing the entirety of GHIII's classic rock track pack), and bringing back a great song from Guitar Hero 1, which will finally be done justice because the outro solo won't be gimped.

Wow.
MaddogMonty  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downfall wrote:
This.

It really seems like it is just the standard DLC icon we have come to know from RB1 (still seems weird saying RB1 btw). My guess is that they don't want to necessarily associate DLC with a certain game so that it doesn't confuse people to thinking that it won't have all the features of RB2 DLC or something amongst those lines.

As for the 2 on the new songs it could mean a variety of things:

2nd tier?
Perhaps the 2 is just there temporarily to distinguish between new songs and DLC songs.
Rock Band 2 (obviously)
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
So let's break this down...

Rock Band 2 has just stolen a good portion of World Tour's thunder by acquiring Everlong, System of a Down, and Dream Theater; in addition to scooping up Cheap Trick, BSSM-era Peppers, Journey (and thus securing the entirety of GHIII's classic rock track pack), and bringing back a great song from Guitar Hero 1, which will finally be done justice because the outro solo won't be gimped.

Wow.

Couldn't have put it better myself. They also got Kids in America which is a pretty well-known song, and thus great for parties and band dynamic. Talk about awesome.

inv4der wrote:
downfall wrote:
gdubs wrote:

This.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that.

I believe that symbol is the arrow that means downloadable in the first game.

The possibility of disc compatability makes me all happy inside. I really want RB2 to be the platform that HMX speaks of, and if we get to access the new features and venues with the first game's songs (Highway Star...Hell yes!) that would just prove HMX's forward thinking genius.
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: