FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BWT Difficulty Fans/Stars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonestown  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: BWT Difficulty Fans/Stars Reply with quote

***Player Difficulty Level***
How does the play difficulty levels affect how many fans you can get on a song?

how does the difficulty rating per person relate to ...
a) how many stars your band gains for a performance?
b) how many fans your band gains?

Also, how does your stars/fans increase calculation work? Is it based on your score, or just on the "star rating" of the performance (3-star, 4-star, or 5-star)? If this is the case, is there any real benefit (other than fun and bragging rights) to playing at "hard" when there is somebody else in the group playing at "medium"?

Do you gain access to the challenges (example 4xMoney if you get a good rating, but no money if you blow it) only if somebody is playing at a higher difficulty rating?

Just what is the benefit, then?

'Cause frankly, it might just be worth it to constantly be 5-starring those songs at a lower difficulty, if that is all that the calculation is based on?

Is there a benefit to going back and re-doing those challenges that we completed with our friends playing on "easy", so that we can get a "copper" or "silver" check mark? Will that gain us more stars, or more fans?

***Song Difficulty Rating***
What about song difficulty? Some songs are newbie songs, and some are more difficult. When it comes to the "make your own setlist" challenges, is there any benefit from choosing a more difficult song (higher up on the sets)? Will it give you more fans/stars for your band?

Or again, is it more efficient (if perhaps more boring) to simply play multiple sets of Nirvana and Weezer in order to just make sure that you do well?

Or, does the calculation take into account that these are newbie songs, and you eventually start getting penalized for that?
ElvisLaw  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all your answers but as far as 5 staring the songs on a n easier difficulty level over and over again, you max out fans at lower levels so you have to go up if you want to continue to gain fans.
Bonestown  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisLaw wrote:
I don't have all your answers but as far as 5 staring the songs on a n easier difficulty level over and over again, you max out fans at lower levels so you have to go up if you want to continue to gain fans.

so until i max out 250,000 fans, there may not be any reason for me to play it on harder
ElvisLaw  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the idea i have been going on. I am up to about 150,000 unfortunatly i picked a drummer as the leader and I don't think I can move up to hard on drums yet.
Bonestown  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisLaw wrote:
That is the idea i have been going on. I am up to about 150,000 unfortunatly i picked a drummer as the leader and I don't think I can move up to hard on drums yet.

i was hoping by playing on hard i would move up quicker. it would make sense. So i guess i should go back to the places i 4 starred and play it on medium or easy instead to get 5 stars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: