FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Random Setlist" in Band Tour getting repetitive?.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryantology  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: "Random Setlist" in Band Tour getting repetitive?. Reply with quote

Does the game just pick the songs that you got the best scores on? I swear last night my roommate and I must have played/sung Mississippi Queen over 10 times... so after awhile we stopping picking "Random".. even the challenges would select that song for us in their setlists.

(I assume that my downstairs neighbors now probably think that we are both big Mountain fans now)

Maybe I'm missing the point somewhere? Hah, I dunno. ;)
Brian  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a lot of talk that in Band World Tour, there does seem to be a bit much repetition. If you grab the DLC, it'll integrate into BWT (so I've heard, haven't tried) which can help alleviate some of it.

I know that's kind of a lame answer -- spend more money -- but the DLC is actually pretty solid stuff so far, and well worth the cash for how much more you'll get out of the game.

Goals:
[X] Beat RB Guitar Solo Expert - GG&HT took a few tries
[ ] Beat RB Drums Solo Hard - Medium didn't feel as hard as I expected, Hard is seriously hard, so I'll beat my head a bit on hard
[ ] Beat RB Vocal Solo Medium - my voice is horrible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BrianArnold ICQ Number
Siberian  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bunch of DLC last night and did not notice this issue in about 5 hours of play.

But adding the DLC was like adding landmines to the random sets. I play on expert and I'm okay on most songs but some of the DLC I have a REALLY hard time finishing. So things get very interesting when the game goes... okay play "In Bloom" , great job, now play "Joker & the Thief"
ryantology  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Maybe I'm just too used to the "linear" style of gameplay that the GH games uses... You know, Do 1,2,3 go here, do 4,5,6 go here, etc...

In comparison Band World Tour is not linear at all, and confused the hell outta me for a bit.

My Xbox Live was CRAWLING last night ("Attempting to connect to Rock Central server....") so I figured that the Ride The Lightning would have to wait until today.
NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah like a real band you have to play the same songs night after night, but for pratical purposes the fact that BWT incorporates DLC shouldn't be a problem after a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
ElvisLaw  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siberian wrote:
But adding the DLC was like adding landmines to the random sets. I play on expert and I'm okay on most songs but some of the DLC I have a REALLY hard time finishing. So things get very interesting when the game goes... okay play "In Bloom" , great job, now play "Joker & the Thief"

I know what you mean. I was playing drums on medium with my wife singing and we tried to get the jet. The first song that came up was Blackened, and it kicked my butt before she even got to sing:(
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the band leader has completed a solo campaign, all of those song unlocks transfer into BWT, it seriously helps against repetition. DLC also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: