FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next To You
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is seriously pissing me off. THe only thing preventing me from a easy FC is that stupid OW! in the middle. I tried 10 times last night..and every run was a FC except for that ow..which I've never gotten better than messy on. Anybody who can nail that consistantly shed any light?

I did the following:
Yelling AAAAAA! (similiar to how it actually sounds)....gets me messy
Yelling OOOOO! nets me weak
Yelling OOOOOWWWWW! nets me weak
Yelling AAAAAWWWWWW! Net me weak

Saying (rather than yelling) any of the above nets me the same results.

Talky parts have gotten easier for me since adjusting mic sensitivity and focusing on trying to emulate the original artist as close as possible Still a bit finicky..as I sometimes get 'strong' instead of 'awesome'...but this OW is really killing me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, i just cant figure out how to hit that simple little OW! in the middle.
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same exact boat. Apparently, when Sting screams "OW!" we're supposed to recite Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech backwards.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you yelling (or saying) loud enough? Volume has a lot to do with it...I find that sometimes I jumble my words during talky parts (I'm not good at rapping type stuff, I mix up words and lose the beat) and because I sing close to the mic, it picks it up as Awesome anyway. Just try a few times where you're making a lot of noise, even if it sounds silly. I managed to get it the last time I played.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
wintertwilight  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, the "ow" always screws up my FC too :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: winter twilight
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Huwonks suggestion of Aaaah Oooow, and it netted me an Okay, but still nowhere near hitting that phrase.

I still say that talky bits are fundamentally broken, and should just have been omitted entirely - it's the one thing that really keeps me from thoroughly enjoying vocals, as you have to pretty much guess what the game wants from you
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an okay when I sand the "ow" like the "ooh" in Enter Sandman.
I have listend to the song OVER, and OVER and every time I do it like Sting, nothing but messy.
If I could get this phrase I could get first in the world on the 360 version...currently stuck at second by 500 points. :p
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that "ow" phrase is just totally fucked up. And I don't use the word fucked lightly.
themoron111  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say the word so low and so monotonously. It actually works (to be fair, Im on the PS2, but I can do it 3/4 times in friend's Xbox 360)
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoron111 wrote:
Say the word so low and so monotonously. It actually works (to be fair, Im on the PS2, but I can do it 3/4 times in friend's Xbox 360)

You mean you get an awesome 3/4 of the time? I have heard from some people the PS2 vocals are easier...I don't think it's really true, but it might IDK. I've tried singing it low before. I have tried everything. The best, as I said, I can get is singing it like the "ooh" in Enter Sandman.
themoron111  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbypig wrote:
themoron111 wrote:

You mean you get an awesome 3/4 of the time? I have heard from some people the PS2 vocals are easier...I don't think it's really true, but it might IDK. I've tried singing it low before. I have tried everything. The best, as I said, I can get is singing it like the "ooh" in Enter Sandman.

Ya awesome
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoron111 wrote:
deathbypig wrote:
themoron111 wrote:

Ya awesome

Do you use a mic stand? What setting are your mic sensitivity etc.? That might be the difference, any help woud be appreciated.
themoron111  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbypig wrote:
themoron111 wrote:
deathbypig wrote:
themoron111 wrote:

Ya awesome

Do you use a mic stand? What setting are your mic sensitivity etc.? That might be the difference, any help woud be appreciated.

Ok lets see

Most of the time I am sitting on a couch
I dont use a mic stand
Keep it at either extremely high or extremely low nothing in the middle
Uhm my voice is very low if that helps

I also played this song 10000 times at least
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the oww sightread, although I'm on PS2, which might make some sort of difference. Here's what I did:
Ever played football and someone went head first into your stomach trying to tackle you? Or been kicked in the stomach? That groan/ grunt thingy is what I made the Oww sound like.. not TOO low or TOO slow. And it was loud compared to the rest of my singing.

Hope this helps.

(I would try to make a vid of me making the sound, but no camera. Plus, c'mon, I'd look like a COMPLETE idiot. I hope the description is good, so one of you Ubervoxers can FC this. I know I can't).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: