FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Train Kept a Rollin'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I haven't put in any of these yet, so I guess I should.

4/ After first tambourine part (squeeze hard here)
3/ After second tambourine part

Haha, now it's only a matter of time before VHero goes back and nabs this score back.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, nice work, Skel. :-)

To be honest, I screwed up the path when I got my FC. I squeezed too much at one activation and had to activate at the next one. :-p

Did you experiment with paths a lot, and mine just ended up working best? Because I kind of just guessed when I was going for the FC. Haha.
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried three different ones. One I overlapped, the other I was left with one, and then the last one was yours. I didn't think squeezing that OD phrase was possible, till it randomly happened, so that's when I started using that one. And you'd be hard-pressed to get anymore points out of it. Maybe... just maybe....

Nice job on equaling my score so fast

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
Insanoflex1214  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any tips on getting the "Whoa Yeah"? I can get all the screams but I can't get higher than an 'okay' on that one.
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when I watched vh do the endless setlist, he hit it and it looked like he emphasized some kind of sound right in the middle of the yeah, though it could have been some lag.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've told others:

For the "whoa" I sort of do a "wow" instead. Not really sure if that makes a huge difference, but it's closer to what the artist does. For the "yeah" I start it, then take a breath in the middle - sort of a gasp so the mic picks it up; the phenome detector seems to like it - and then start again on the same vowel but with an h attached to the front (this is what Billtvshow is talking about). Also I have the mic sensitivity pretty low when I do this song.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Finally got the FC this morning for my 55th and final GS! Really couldn't have done it without Vhero's technique on the scream.

It took me a while to figure out exactly what he meant, but I ended the phrase before it early, said everything loud, had the mic sens at 1 but pretty close to my mouth. In the end it probably sounded like, "Wow! Yeah!..*heavy gasp* Heah!..*gasp*..Heah!..*gasp*..Heah!" It's like trying to inflate a balloon with talky parts. Gotta love the broken phoneme detector.

The Heah is kind of like yeah but with an 'H' instead of a 'Y', tough to really spell it. I started the Yeah just before the first letter came across. I got in about 3 gasps before the phrase ended.

So, I'm pretty sure this is it for Gold Stars. Vasoline and I'm So Sick are mathematically impossible, and I'm 99.99% sure THTF is too. I've tried virtually everything I think of in that song and I can't get much over 186k.
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeltonath wrote:

Haha, now it's only a matter of time before VHero goes back and nabs this score back.

Some extra tips as I literally had to FC this 5 times to gold this mofo...

When he says squeeze hard here YOU BETTER do it, like as in when your 4 OD is about to die it should bairly chain/activate the next phrase in OD as well, if you cannot chain another OD then you will get a FC with 200-400 points shy of a GS.

For the talkys:
1) YA CO CO COOOOOOO I used to be able to mutter it and awesome but as I kept doing this song I did worst (frustration from FC and no GS), so you can 'rub this one out' easily.
2) For the Woah YEAH I say WOW then for the yeah I say YEAH followed by me gasp nonstop like im dying or just ran for hours nonstop and am dying for breath. Its so dumb but for some reason I have never missed this woah yeah phrase. So.. "WOW ... YEAH-GASP-GASP-GASP-GASP-GASP" (then I die probably)

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuznagi wrote:
skeltonath wrote:

Some extra tips as I literally had to FC this 5 times to gold this mofo...

When he says squeeze hard here YOU BETTER do it, like as in when your 4 OD is about to die it should bairly chain/activate the next phrase in OD as well, if you cannot chain another OD then you will get a FC with 200-400 points shy of a GS.

For the talkys:
1) YA CO CO COOOOOOO I used to be able to mutter it and awesome but as I kept doing this song I did worst (frustration from FC and no GS), so you can 'rub this one out' easily.
2) For the Woah YEAH I say WOW then for the yeah I say YEAH followed by me gasp nonstop like im dying or just ran for hours nonstop and am dying for breath. Its so dumb but for some reason I have never missed this woah yeah phrase. So.. "WOW ... YEAH-GASP-GASP-GASP-GASP-GASP" (then I die probably)

Ha, I have the opposite problem as you I guess - I can do the yeah+random syllables pretty easily almost all the time, and after about 5 times of FCing the song minus the longer "woah yeah" phrase, I finally resorted to using whatever linen I had handy (which worked the first time). I have to admit, though, I never tried suffocating myself during that line, though. I wonder if I could hyperventilate and FC When You Were Young?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
tysonconner  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it weird that i can easily get the woah yeah everytime but seem to have a crazy amount of trouble with the ca ca? haha
tysonconner  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, is there another path for this song? i just fced it on the 4/ 3/ and ended up with 222k. everybody else on the xbl list is sitting at 224,538...?
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you miss any cowbells? When I GS'd it I was nervious on the second set missed one and got a strong on the cowbell, I had a similar 222k score as you... I know it cannot be squeezing cuz you have to sqeeze to even FC it anyways but could be....

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tysonconner wrote:
um, is there another path for this song? i just fced it on the 4/ 3/ and ended up with 222k. everybody else on the xbl list is sitting at 224,538...?

I'm guessing it's a squeezing issue. I got the max score on my first or second try with that path, so just go back and squeeze a bit more out of one of the activations.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tysonconner wrote:

The first activation has to be squeezed a lot, or else you will not grab the next OD phrase under OD.
Just keep trying, you'll get it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: