FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ballroom Blitz
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the first activation is supposed to be in measure 58 after the word "lightning." That takes you almost to the next tambourine section.

After that there are a few different ways to go with either 2 or three more activations. I'd love to hear what others think about this one.
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an awesome path which I've been waiting to post to give people a chance to find it themselves. I'll probably post it tomorrow or Saturday even if nobody's come close. :-p

Hint: You're right about the first activation.

Edit: Alright, here's my path. I'm loathe to give it up as I still have a 12k lead on XBL, but oh well.

3/next opportunity (after "it was like lightning")
4/immediate
2/immediate
3/immediate

Some of those immediates pop up really quickly and are very short, so stay alert.

Last edited by violinhero86 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish I FCed this thing a month ago so I could add it to my list of talky-songs I'd never have to deal with again. =\
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What phrases are you having difficulty with?

The one I had the most trouble with is "she can kill you with a wink of her eye". I ultimately figured out that if you make "wink" really short, and start "of her eye" a little late, then it seems to work most of the time.
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's that phrase, and every now and then the phrases leading up to that. I've just been avoiding songs with talky parts that prevent me from FCing the song consistently, so eventually I'll give it a try on a day when I'm feeling extra patient.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
themoron111  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song you really gotta know well to sing. I liked this song for a long long time, and used to sing it alot. It really helped in perfecting this song.
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

violinhero86 wrote:
Alright, here's my path. I'm loathe to give it up as I still have a 12k lead on XBL, but oh well.

3/next opportunity (after "it was like lightning")
4/immediate
2/immediate
3/immediate

Some of those immediates pop up really quickly and are very short, so stay alert.

Thanks!
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only trouble I have from this song is the word "eye." Not sure what it wants from me, but I hit the whole phrase perfectly even all the way through "of her." But then eye comes up, and it gets all wiggity whack.
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I started singing the talkies in an English accent and nailed the eye perfectly, as well as the other phrases. What the dilio.
Insanoflex1214  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more trouble with the "as he raises his hands to the sky" phrase than anything. The pie seems to stop filling up when it gets to "sky".

Also, I have trouble activating when I have a very short window to do so (i.e., after "it was like lightning"). I yell into the mic and sometimes nothing happens. Is my mic busted?
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trouble with that line as well. I find that if I overemphasize "sky" (make it louder - "as he raises his hands to skyyyYYYYYYYYY") sometimes it speeds up filling up of the pie so I can get the Awesome on it despite the fact that it doesn't fill up very fast compared to other lines.

For the short windows like that, I wouldn't even try to go by sight - just take a leap of faith and try to activate it after you finish the phrase. So for me at least, it sounds kind of like "It was like lightninWOO!", and that usually works. Especially true for the one activation that pops up on you immediately afterwards, just sort of blind-activate it.
#1 PS3 Leaderboards Vocals 3/5/08-4/24/08
55/55 Gold Stars Vocals 3/16/08
57/58 FC Vocals (not NTY of course)

Rock Band 2
Bands: As Sekiria, The Gold Standard
ESL2 420/420 Plat Artist + Bladder of Steel 10-26-08
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that I still have trouble FC'ing this song a great majority of the time, could someone find it in their heart to explain to me how you are supposed to hit "wink of her eye." I know you're supposed to start it late or something, but I'm missing something still.
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I do as precisely as I can describe it:

So, consider "kill you with a wink of her" to be one measure, and "eye" to be on beat one of the next measure. Then each word in "kill you with a wink" is an eight note, and "of her" are the two sixteenth notes (maybe even thirty-seconds) at the very end of the measure.

I say "wink" a little higher and a little louder than the previous words, and maintain that slightly higher pitch through "of her" and the beginning of "eye". I say "eye" going down slightly in pitch over the course of the word.

I hope that helps. I know I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to get that phrase.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone tell me what the actual notes are for the interval that goes down ate the end of the early singing phrases. I cannot find it.

is it LA to DO?

edit: nvm, found it. A flattish to D flattish. I cant hear that 5th at all. feels like it should be a minor 3rd

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: