FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Hand That Feeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophrosyne  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....

omfg

I can't believe it!!!

My Expert Vocals Vids / My Rocker Profile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sophrosyne
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I finally got that sob to activate the other day. Unfortunately, I usually get 72 or more on the first activation and I only got 32, and then I didn't do the talky parts well enough to give me enough squeeze points for a GS

Good job though Maybe when I'm feeling more patient I'll try to get it to activate again and attempt gold too.
Arganbright  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this song is completely f'ed up.

i've tried rubbing, i've tried a plastic bag, i've tried actually saying the phrases with different inflections/different tones, nothing works.

because of harmonix, this is the worst song in the game, and i refuse to play it when i'm online with friends.

i have 100% going easily until it gets to the very end where it's all, obviously, TP, and i can get the first couple of "will you bite the hand that feeds you", and then it seems like it just gets progressively harder to hit the phrases as you go along.

it's complete bs.

Band=The Blue Devilz (#9 by fans PS3 April 2008)
#13 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 1 (May 2008) -- (50/55 gold*)
#11 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 2 (October 2008) -- (42 golds)
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the technique forum:

Violin Hero and Tobias came up with the idea of pressing the guide button right before the 2nd activation. The lag from doing this opens the window up longer than usual. As soon as you hit the "see" in the preceeding phrase enough to fill up the pie, press the guide button. Press it again and activate it as soon as the screen comes back up. This works 99% of the time for me. I just cant squeeze enough out of the end to get the gold.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
xIIxJoshxIIx  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoboBobulus wrote:
Yeah, I finally got that sob to activate the other day. Unfortunately, I usually get 72 or more on the first activation and I only got 32, and then I didn't do the talky parts well enough to give me enough squeeze points for a GS

Good job though Maybe when I'm feeling more patient I'll try to get it to activate again and attempt gold too.

Dude, you got 72 points on the first activation? I usually get none! That's probably what keeping me from golding this.
RB1 Vox FC's: 53/58
RB2 Vox FC's: 26/84

i liek mudkipz, d0 youz?
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xIIxJoshxIIx wrote:
HoboBobulus wrote:

Dude, you got 72 points on the first activation? I usually get none! That's probably what keeping me from golding this.

you can get away with getting a late activation in the small window. The other thing is on the squeeze at the end just hold the same pitch that you just ended on, you should be able to get 32 pretty easily. Ive gotten 72 once. 36 seems to be my avg score on it though

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xIIxJoshxIIx wrote:
HoboBobulus wrote:

The key to getting those points is to hold the tone from the last note of the last full phrase because it's also the first note of the next phrase, which will give you those squeeze points.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
The key to getting those points is to hold the tone from the last note of the last full phrase because it's also the first note of the next phrase, which will give you those squeeze points.

I've gotten as much as 96 points squeezed off that first activation, with a combination of late activation + pitch-perfect on end of the OD phrase. Usually I can get at least 48 points off of it.

The phrase after the overdrive is "Do you wanna change it?", and if you have a good late activation squeeze, the boldfaced syllables should count toward your squeeze. The closer you can get on them, the more points you get (the tricky one is the "wanna" because it's such a big span... I'm wondering if you can octave shift to make it easier?).
ghal416  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
BizCasFri wrote:

I've gotten as much as 96 points squeezed off that first activation, with a combination of late activation + pitch-perfect on end of the OD phrase. Usually I can get at least 48 points off of it.

The phrase after the overdrive is "Do you wanna change it?", and if you have a good late activation squeeze, the boldfaced syllables should count toward your squeeze. The closer you can get on them, the more points you get (the tricky one is the "wanna" because it's such a big span... I'm wondering if you can octave shift to make it easier?).

could be so. i usually only get 32 or 36 points out of squeezing the first OD, 68 on rare occasions. however, from calculating the times that i squeezed enough points out of the talkie after the second OD run, i've found that you should still have the possibility of gaining the GS even without the first squeeze. unfortunately, the second talkie ("will you stay down on your knees") is a pain to squeeze. so far i've only squeezed enough points out twice, but screwed up on a talkie later on.
xIIxJoshxIIx  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip guys, got me second on this song. I really am surprised though because I only got 32 on the first activation and then I squeezed 320 out of the talkies.
RB1 Vox FC's: 53/58
RB2 Vox FC's: 26/84

i liek mudkipz, d0 youz?
ghal416  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xIIxJoshxIIx wrote:
Thanks for the tip guys, got me second on this song. I really am surprised though because I only got 32 on the first activation and then I squeezed 320 out of the talkies.

ya that happened for me once (the 320 points or so) but that was when i screwed up on a talkie later on lol. fortunately i have a chance to look back and laugh on it since thankfully, i just pulled it off today. i pulled off so far the closest squeeze on this song, only going 4 points over the cutoff lol. thanks guys
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that's about the max you can get out of the talkies. I think I pulled about 68 on my run, then I lost a few by not waiting a split second to sing on the second activation's first phrase, then I ended up with 340 after the talky.
YourSuperior  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i FCed it and got no friggen gold stars, its harder than balls to hit that activation.......toaster in the tub......
ghal416  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourSuperior wrote:
i FCed it and got no friggen gold stars, its harder than balls to hit that activation.......toaster in the tub......

which console are you playing Rock Band? I'm not sure if the PS3 version has a similar thing, but Tobias and Violinhero have a method where you use the Guide Button on the XBox 360 controller to aid in activating the OD. I made a thread in the Technique, Style and Gameplay branch of this forum, called "the second activation in THTF" and it is explained in there by him and a few others as well. Hope it helps
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghal416 wrote:
which console are you playing Rock Band? I'm not sure if the PS3 version has a similar thing, but Tobias and Violinhero have a method where you use the Guide Button on the XBox 360 controller to aid in activating the OD. I made a thread in the Technique, Style and Gameplay branch of this forum, called "the second activation in THTF" and it is explained in there by him and a few others as well. Hope it helps

PS3 does have the PlayStation button which functions like Guide on the Xbox 360. However, I have not been able to make this activation trick work on the PS3 using the PlayStation button.

Only thing I've found that works is smacking the mic with max sensitivity and doing a rain dance to pray you got it in that miniscule window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: