FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Hand That Feeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocker74  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
was trying to activiate and i got like 3/10 times however I messed up all 3 times in the talkin' part I did manage to up my score by a meager 4 pts lol.

anyway, Rocker, so you basically pull off about addition 1k from squeezing into the 2nd talking phrase? (at exactly where did your OD ran out in the 2nd phrase?) The three times I was doing it I think the most I got was like 700 or so. I smell either a fast pie filling skill or glitch here for a possible 2k worth :P

Right, it only lasts for the first 3 words of the phrase. Will you bite/will you stay, I can't remember which off the top of my head. After my initial run I have worked on those 3 words and seen the pie fill in the 35-40%range. Which if I have it figured right should get you and extra 1400-1600 possible. I could be off on my percentage a little, but it definitely is past 25%. Also I can squeeze 72 points on the first activation.
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, my notes say I once got 104 on the first activation. I haven't been able to match it again, though, and I don't really feel like trying.
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most I got off the first activation was either 104 or 90someodd. So, just in case that 30-40 points is enough to push you towards gold stars...

Meanwhile, I tried a few more times and I still can't get the thing to activate.
jbullin2  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i figured out that second activation, just scream into it at the top of your lungs and it works every time. my sensitivity was at about 1/3 and it still worked every time. hitting the line after is another story but the activation works.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had a novel idea and once got it to activate by rubbing my mic vigorously on my pant leg starting when I thought I had the pie filled on the previous phrase. Unfortunately, the pie apparently wasn't quite filled and I only got a "strong" on it :-(

In the end, all my efforts at yelling, screaming, or making other odd loud sustained sounds seem to work rarely at best on this activation Combined with my inability to hit the end consistently, I'll be lucky if I manage to squeeze gold stars out of this song. It would be cool to see someone do it, though :-)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
Vixenita  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
[img]THTF GS[/img]

ASS !
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vixenita
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I thought I could give up on this game. Great work, Bill. =)
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Hey Bill, how many points did you squeeze out in the first OD? Or did it matter at all since the 2nd OD will give you that extra 1200 points for the GS? thx

AWESOME!!!!!!!

This is a pure proof that it is very possible the other two songs

I'm so sick

Vasoline

should be GS-able

My YouTube Channel
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 32 and 252, so you can get enough on the 2nd squeeze alone. Realistically, you should pretty much never get less than 28 on the first squeeze anyways.

I've even hit 60 on the first squeeze, which could be a good buffer
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
EDIT: Hey Bill, how many points did you squeeze out in the first OD? Or did it matter at all since the 2nd OD will give you that extra 1200 points for the GS? thx

AWESOME!!!!!!!

This is a pure proof that it is very possible the other two songs

I'm so sick

Vasoline

should be GS-able

Ha, I'm not sure I agree that it's proof the other two are possible, this was by far the one we were closest to gold-starring that we hadn't yet. Vasoline isn't gold-starrable, I'm fairly sure - there just aren't that many possible paths to try on that song. It's possible that we just overlooked something great on I'm So Sick, but we're more than 6000 points away from the cutoff.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I just wish I could get the 2nd one to activate, as I still can't.
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To try getting the second one to activate, I blew into the mic for the entirety of the previous phrase (obviously hitting none of it). It still didn't activate. What the hell?
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got 72 on the first by holding off starting the phrase after the activation and nailing the low note at the end of the activation. Just an observation... Because I'm incapable of activating numero dos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the second one to activate either. Ugh.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: