FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blood Doll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speak soft and livelessly. especially on the 2nd one .. you might even want to breath some air into it.

oh, and use rePEL instead of reveal. works much better

My YouTube Channel
Arganbright  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talky parts just absolutely ruin songs on this game for me.

songs like "epic", "the hand that feeds" -- once i get through them once and i'm satisfied with my score, i vowed that i will never play them again, not even online.

it's songs like this, blood doll, which is a pretty cool song to sing, that get completely ruined by the bs phoneme detection. i can get every single line in this song, but i'll get MAYBE 1 awesome on the talky parts in the middle...

the worst part is that HMX claimed to have fixed this issue....but we all know that is complete and utter bull

Band=The Blue Devilz (#9 by fans PS3 April 2008)
#13 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 1 (May 2008) -- (50/55 gold*)
#11 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 2 (October 2008) -- (42 golds)
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arganbright wrote:
talky parts just absolutely ruin songs on this game for me.

songs like "epic", "the hand that feeds" -- once i get through them once and i'm satisfied with my score, i vowed that i will never play them again, not even online.

it's songs like this, blood doll, which is a pretty cool song to sing, that get completely ruined by the bs phoneme detection. i can get every single line in this song, but i'll get MAYBE 1 awesome on the talky parts in the middle...

the worst part is that HMX claimed to have fixed this issue....but we all know that is complete and utter bull

watch this, took me 2 runs to GS/FC this song thanks to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZ2oaVn6Oo

-

Epic - If you want to cheap out the song, 'rub it out' on your pants works for all but one talky which I forgot about. The Yeah yeah yeah singing phrase is harder than the talkys in EPIC... THTF is making sure you hold the right words and end early as you say them.

While we're on the subject of talkys you can rub out 90% of ballroom blitz save for the OOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEAH and the dreaded 'kill her with the wink of the eye' which is all about timing.

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
bisq  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuznagi wrote:
watch this, took me 2 runs to GS/FC this song thanks to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZ2oaVn6Oo

Man I watched that video but no matter what I simply cannot get the first 2 talky parts. I just tried hitting them until I managed to FC the rest of the song with a good path and called it a day. The second 2 talkies seem to be much more forgiving, I can get those ok.
themoron112  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up... just rubbed it out. I know its possible to hit both; I have on two different occasions, but its too hard to hit them both in one run.
Venganza01  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can normally talk through the last two talky sections. The first two you have to do the hard whisper or rub it out. That said, I've nailed all the phrases before but never on the same run. :|

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten anywhere on this song with any non-vocal technique. I was on the verge of calling any FC run on this song pure luck until about a week ago, when I was trying a path designed to get the most points I could get while utterly failing at least the first two and possibly the first three talky phrases, when I got all of them (not quite an FC, an earlier phrase after a failed activation attempt screwed up the following phrase). I was like, "crap, that was my fluke!" I tried it again and FCed it, messing up the path, but getting just enough points to gold-star it. The next day, I FC'ed it two more times in a row and finally got that pathing/squeezing right. One side of me is scared to try it again in case it ended, and the other side of me thinks it just finally "clicked."

For the record, the way I've been doing the phrases, once I figured out the rhythm was by sort of hyperventilating during the phrases. I don't whisper, I do empasize the start of most words, and I might hit some words on the early side of the beat:

Blood <breath> runs <breath> cold <breath> on <breath> sto-len <break> souls <break>
When <breath> all <breath> has <breath> been <break> revealed ___ (or repealed, or maybe refeeled) <break>
No <breath> turn-ing <break> back <longer> the fade <break> to black <breath>
Be-cause <breath> your fate <breath> is sealed______
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* I just say the phrases normally, while replacing "revealed" with "repealed." You just have to time it right and annunciate the consonants clearly.
bisq  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is definitely about timing. I finally hit the first talky simply by saying it a little bit earlier then previously while using the same harsh whisper/talk style. However, everytime I hit it I missed the third talky and have never gotten the second. (yes I used the p sound like dogfoodnyc suggested but it never fills the pie at all when I do it)

If they had a mode where you could practice individual lines I would spend more time on this but at this point it's not worth it...especially since I know I'll choke on some vocal phrase the one time I do get the talk parts

Maybe when I have maxed out other scores I will come back to it, I still have 4 star scores hanging around that I can more easily improve.
jbullin2  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the talky parts every time I was just messin around and I said to my friend, what if I just whisper it like they do, and whaddya know, I hit them all (the first time I had hit any of them). I am a true believer of just sing it like they do.
TheTinkerbread  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can usually hit all of them if i sing like the singer in metallica.

i also say the words a tad bit early, and that seems to help.

in order of difficulty:

2nd phrase = hardest
4th phrase
1st phrase
3rd phrase = easiest

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I agree that the 2nd is possibly the hardest, although I very rarely hit the first without hitting the second (or vice versa). I'd have ordered them 2134 :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
TheTinkerbread  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, OK
I just got an FC easily

New method,
Say all words in a normal talking voice, but tap the mic with your finger on every syllable. It worked perfectly

Just remember to hold out long notes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTinkerbread
duck  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that vid helped me out with everything but the first talky and the scream at the very end >.<

good vid though, helped me get another 20k on my score
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTinkerbread wrote:
Wow, OK
I just got an FC easily

New method,
Say all words in a normal talking voice, but tap the mic with your finger on every syllable. It worked perfectly

Just remember to hold out long notes

You might have just gotten the talkie glitch, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: