FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Black Hole Sun
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My path:

Before "Black hole sun" at measure 12 (beginning of first chorus)
Before "Black hole sun" at measure 24 (beginning of second chorus)
After "Hang my head drown my fear" at measure 40 (between the two back to back OD phrases)
After the last "Oh won't you come" OD phrase at measure 54
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJay, if you change two words in your path description you'll get my path, which got me first place.

I'm mean, ain't I
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks for the hint. ;D

I've been going back over my old paths lately, so I'll do a little tinkering and figure it out this week. Thanks though!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time's up:

After "Black hole sun" at measure 12 (beginning of first chorus)
After "Black hole sun" at measure 24 (beginning of second chorus)
After "Hang my head drown my fear" at measure 40 (between the two back to back OD phrases)
After the last "Oh won't you come" OD phrase at measure 54
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My internet was down for a few days last week, so working on anything that would have minimally raised my score on Live was out of the question. Plus, my play time is now limited by my roommates' sleeping habits (one sleeps on the couch at night... and well into the afternoon) and their recreation time (when two of them get home, the TV gets used for downloaded Entourage episodes). You can imagine how much I've been playing lately. =X But thanks for posting the path anyway!
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I used phantom's path(very nice path btw, good job), and I think it's a little easier to write it more along the lines of how some others write theirs(which takes more time and memory, no question for the person writing it):

2/Wait 2, sq
3/Imm, sq
4/Imm, sq
3/Imm, sq

You can probably guess, but the Wait 2 means to wait 2 activations(including the one immediately following it), sq means squeeze, Imm means immediate, and wtf means talky part.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

question to experts:

how in the world am i suppose to sing that humming part after the 2nd chords. I tried listen to the original sound track and I swear to god I can't hear Chris Cornell humming during that part at all!?
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second note in the "Mmmm" is the same note as the "come" and all the "Won't you come~"s right before it. So start one note above that note (just use the same octave, it's easier), then drop to the note on "come", then drop off at the end, and you should be able to get it. The pie fills up fairly quickly so you don't need to hit the entire thing.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much!!! I am going to try that when i get home in about an hour.

Also, grats on your 11mil mark and 1st place in PS3 ^_^
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, that totally worked!!!! I finally GS this song I should've GSed months ago!!!
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tweaked fcphantom's path a bit and got a 3k improvement. Basically, if you don't squeeze the first activation (so that you don't pick up the OD at measure 16 while OD is still active), it shuffles around how much energy you have at each activation, and allows you to get a better placement on the third activation.

Here's what I did:

3/immediate, REVERSE SQUEEZE
3/wait one activation (after "black hole sun...")
4/wait two activations (after second "black hole sun..." in this chorus)
2/immediate

You can also push back the first activation one phrase (so it's before "black hole sun..." rather than after) - with a decent squeeze, it's mathematically equivalent, but probably a bit harder.

Last edited by violinhero86 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

violinhero86 wrote:
I tweaked fcphantom's path a bit and got a 3k improvement. Basically, if you don't squeeze the first activation (so that you don't pick up the OD at measure 16 while OD is still active), it shuffles around how much energy you have at each activation, and allows you to get a better placement on the third activation.

Here's what I did:

3/immediate, DON'T SQUEEZE
3/wait one activation (after "black hole sun...")
4/wait two activations (after second "black hole sun..." in this chorus)
2/immediate

You can also push back the first activation one phrase (so it's before "black hole sun..." rather than after) - with a decent squeeze, it's mathematically equivalent, but probably a bit harder.

Great Path! Got me 1st on Medium. Medium I know, but it's leading by about 700. Thanks.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidentally tweaked VH's tweak of fcphantom's path, and got first with it :-p I believe this was the resulting path:

3/imm (no squeeze)
3/wait one
4/wait one (oops)
2/wait one (oops)

I think there's probably a few more points to be gotten on that path, but I don't want to attempt it at the moment, because something about this song makes virtually every phrase hard for me (I think the song itself might be just a bit sharp of the real pitches the game is expecting, so my arrow tends to ride the top of the tube on a lot of parts.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: