FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm So Sick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Violinhero is on a mission to post all the paths he can find, so I guess I should spill the ones I have. Here's how I got the current first place on this song:

2, 3, 3

All should be used at the first opportunity.
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you asked me to do it. :-p

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3031&start=11
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Yeah, I did. That was back before I knew what I was doing!

After singing for two days straight, my voice has turned to mush. I've realized I will not be #1, but can maybe gain some recognition for the paths I've gotten.

And hopefully my voice is working correctly by Friday for my band session.
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note about "break": I tried "brack" four times before my roommate said "just try 'break.'" Simple enough, right? I said "break" at the same pitch as "I will" (one octave lower than the master track pitch, because I'm a male and it was after midnight =P) and voila! Easy combo. Your mileage may vary, but it seemed like I got enough extra on the phrase that it should work for most people.

And since comments are truncated (at least for me, maybe it's a Mac thing, not sure), I'm fairly sure you guys can beat my score on this one. I tried this song tonight and got the score I did on my second run-through, without adjusting for better squeezes. I would have gone for a couple more runs, but the clock struck 1 AM and my voice started to shut down on me... Well, it was a mixture of the late night and the spicy pepper chicken I had for dinner. =P
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something new to try! Don't think I've ever actually tried that exactly. Will let you know how it goes.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using "I will track" and I get it about 90% of the time now. I usually hum down that low note in front of the first one and then immediately start it, then kind of let off the gas before it ends. The second one I start just as the B(although I'm using a T )crosses the line. So, something like, "I will TRAAAAAaaack...TRAAAAAACK!"

Man, that was a fun post to write.

Here's a fun lyric change to the song: "I'm so sick, dis-gusted with, where's my gold, let me live without this, emptiness, goldlessness..."
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ajay, it worked. In fact, I got it once to fc it and a 2nd time to try and squeeze. I missed the first activation and ended up doing something like 3,2,3 or 3,2 skip 1,3 and got the top score. Not sure how significant the new path was in getting that though; it was very similar score wise.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Billtvshow
bach741  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I get more points yelling "ARRRRGH!" like a pirate than I do actually trying to sing/say "break".

Sad to know getting a high rank has lots to do with glitchy-software manipulation.
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'll ever get the break. I've tried normal voice, loud whisper, falsetto, gargling, "BRAAAACK", "TRAAAACK", "ARRRRRRR", and even the plastic bag. I usually end up filling slightly more than half by the time the first "break!" is done, but the second one never gives me the other half. And since it's a energy phrase that throws off the count for best OD usage - can't do the 2, 3, 3 path if you miss the first one, ack.

Don't suppose anyone has more tricks to try?
#1 PS3 Leaderboards Vocals 3/5/08-4/24/08
55/55 Gold Stars Vocals 3/16/08
57/58 FC Vocals (not NTY of course)

Rock Band 2
Bands: As Sekiria, The Gold Standard
ESL2 420/420 Plat Artist + Bladder of Steel 10-26-08
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIMING,

I got the break this last Sunday and I really think its WHEN you start screaming.

for the first break make sure you get the "I'm So" by starting early. So you have enough time to start yelling "break" as the Letter B hits between the 3 and the X (3X). And when I did "Breaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaa-aaak" Where in the end I add more scream to ensure the mic register so I get over about a bit pass 1/2 of the PIE filled.

Then the 2nd break I just do the same trick and if you have about 55 to 60 percent filled in the first break then you should be good for the 2nd one.

good luck!

EDIT: OH I didn't read it completely. Since your problem is on the 2nd Break. Then that is just pure timing I think and maybe my "breaaaaaaa-aa--aak" helps. That is after about hmmm,,, close to 50 tries last Sunday.
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I've been careful with the timing but I guess I just haven't been careful enough... dang talkys!

Rock Band 2
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, it worked like a charm! I had to actually put a piece of paper up on the screen to mark where I should be starting the words but I finally got it. 'Course, the song is impossible to gold star anyway but it feels good getting that out of the way.

Rock Band 2
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRATS! I saw your score this afternoon and was sure that you must have hit it ^_^

argh, now i am even more behind lol. time for me to work on gimme shelter and foreplay/longtime lol
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might by my first contribution to the forum on this one:

has anyone tried 3/2/3 on this song? I think I got my current score with this path and maybe it's possible to break into 116,000.

^_^

My YouTube Channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: