FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blitzkrieg Bop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can find and post the legitimate path, I'd be happy to have Hard up for grabs again. I trust InsaneAsylum and sburymadness enough to believe them if they say they used a legit path. Expert may need to stick to the current (unless someone posts a video with their score or something).

Let me know if this opportunity opens up. But until then I think we'll just stick to what we currently have.

Thanks,
-de1337ed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
If someone can find and post the legitimate path, I'd be happy to have Hard up for grabs again. I trust InsaneAsylum and sburymadness enough to believe them if they say they used a legit path. Expert may need to stick to the current (unless someone posts a video with their score or something).

Let me know if this opportunity opens up. But until then I think we'll just stick to what we currently have.

Thanks,
-de1337ed

I think that the legit path may be the same as ViolinHero's path, only you squeeze the first activation (ie, pick up the energy phrase rather than deliberately fall short of it). I'm not sure, but as I didn't want to use the glitch, that's what I did...

...but consequently got 700 points higher than any other score on easy, with 29,700. Is this a fair score, within the non-glitch boundary, or did I accidentally glitch it anyway? If I did, I'd be happy to reduce my score to the easy equivalent of 138,000, if someone could let me know what it was...

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
de1337ed wrote:

Thanks,
-de1337ed

I think that the legit path may be the same as ViolinHero's path, only you squeeze the first activation (ie, pick up the energy phrase rather than deliberately fall short of it). I'm not sure, but as I didn't want to use the glitch, that's what I did...

...but consequently got 700 points higher than any other score on easy, with 29,700. Is this a fair score, within the non-glitch boundary, or did I accidentally glitch it anyway? If I did, I'd be happy to reduce my score to the easy equivalent of 138,000, if someone could let me know what it was...

No, it's the last activation that matters. The 2/no squeeze is fine, although there are several paths that are all about equal there. 27600 is the "easy" equivalent to 138000, btw.

It seems to me like there's basically no way to use all the overdrive in the song and not have the potential to hit the glitch. In my efforts to find a legitimate path better than 138000, I've noticed that running out of overdrive in the middle of the second-to-last phrase can give you more than 8000 points on that phrase. I haven't gotten an unreasonable amount of extra points from that, but I suspect that the time I thought I got over 139k without the glitch was probably doing it like this.

A non-glitch 138k path is 2/imm(no squeeze), 3/imm, 2/imm, leaving you with one energy at the end - basically the same as vh's path except activating the third time as soon as you can.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't pass this thing for my life. (I might even fail on easy.)

(Maybe an exaggeration, but that's how bad I am at vocals.)

(OK, maybe I lied. I passed it now.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this win the "Most bizarre WTF in a rhythm game" award?

Late comer to all things vocal here obviously.

Once again Score Hero to the rescue. And once again boo Harmonix for yet another vocal career huh?.

I think it speaks volumes to the integrity and fair but competitive nature of the members here that the really really excellent vocal masters willingly neuter their scores to eliminate the glitch thing. Peoples with talent I salute you.
Now what does "squeeze" mean again? Kidding.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I am sure somehow HMX did not see this little monster spinning out of the way when they first made the chart for this song :P

My YouTube Channel
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
No, it's the last activation that matters. The 2/no squeeze is fine, although there are several paths that are all about equal there. 27600 is the "easy" equivalent to 138000, btw.

It seems to me like there's basically no way to use all the overdrive in the song and not have the potential to hit the glitch. In my efforts to find a legitimate path better than 138000, I've noticed that running out of overdrive in the middle of the second-to-last phrase can give you more than 8000 points on that phrase. I haven't gotten an unreasonable amount of extra points from that, but I suspect that the time I thought I got over 139k without the glitch was probably doing it like this.

A non-glitch 138k path is 2/imm(no squeeze), 3/imm, 2/imm, leaving you with one energy at the end - basically the same as vh's path except activating the third time as soon as you can.

Thanks very much for this Kawigi. I got above the adjusted score using the non-glitch path, and so I'm changing my score on the boards accordingly. As easy isn't played as much, I'm not sure how many others will follow suit, but it's only fair. Thanks for the advice, though.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I keep trying to get that glitch going on, but I can't seem to get it. I'm activating pretty late. But when you say "half way through the phrase," do you mean in between the 2nd and 3rd "Hey, Ho, Let's Go?"

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
ChantotheNinja  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, seeing as the "fix" made the glitch worse, I probably won't get anywhere near high ranks until I'm able to XBL, then, huh? XD
Get a RB2 Guitar Controller to replace the current RB1 one that drops notes here and there and has a broken whammy bar and "pickup" switch.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChantotheNinja wrote:
So, seeing as the "fix" made the glitch worse, I probably won't get anywhere near high ranks until I'm able to XBL, then, huh? XD

You can get beyond the scorehero ranks no problem without the update, because all the people with ridiculous scores fixed them on here. But why not aspire do doing well on other songs instead?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
themoron112  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: I do not believe us PS2 noobs can get the glitch on our game. What is the best path then?
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the original path where you RS after the first 2 od phrases is still the best path.

My YouTube Channel
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the reverse squeeze still works on PS2, probably my non-glitch path of "2/imm(reverse squeeze), 3/imm, 2/imm" is possibly optimal.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
bsnelson  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize in advance, but.. can someone explain to me like I'm a six year old (I'm actually 42, though) how this glitch works? A pointer to an existing thread or description is fine. I'm just wanting to show my wife the neat trick (she's the vocalist), but this thread doesn't really describe it in detail.

Again, I apologize; I'm not a "professional Rock Band artist", so I'm not up on the squeezing and all of the other techniques.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnelson wrote:
I apologize in advance, but.. can someone explain to me like I'm a six year old (I'm actually 42, though) how this glitch works? A pointer to an existing thread or description is fine. I'm just wanting to show my wife the neat trick (she's the vocalist), but this thread doesn't really describe it in detail.

Again, I apologize; I'm not a "professional Rock Band artist", so I'm not up on the squeezing and all of the other techniques.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

The glitch is quite simple.

(1) Play on the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of Rock Band.

(2) Set up your overdrive such that it runs out in the middle of the last phrase (almost impossible to fail at this if you use any path that uses all of your overdrive phrases).

(3) Fill the pie as fast as you can by nailing the "Hey Ho Let's Go" while under the influence of overdrive on the last phrase.

(4) ???

(5) Profit!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: