FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sabotage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem random, but has Anybody ever hit phrase 24. I usually make a few random mistakes and get 3 or 4 strongs, but I always get an ok on that and is ruining my attempts at FCs. If that is impossible for some reason, I would like to point out that activating immediatetely on the first activations, would leave you with OD over a missed phrase which is not a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
This may seem random, but has Anybody ever hit phrase 24. I usually make a few random mistakes and get 3 or 4 strongs, but I always get an ok on that and is ruining my attempts at FCs. If that is impossible for some reason, I would like to point out that activating immediatetely on the first activations, would leave you with OD over a missed phrase which is not a good thing.

Uh, yeah. That's one of the ones I can feel good about hitting when it comes on.

I think you have to emphasize the "Ahhhhhhhhh" in "On" because he doesn't hit the "n" in "On" until the very last moment of the word. Going "Onnnnnnnnnn" won't work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Ral  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:

I use to have problems with that one too. Don't try to hold out the "keep," say it real quick. Once I did that, I hit that phrase about 90% of the time now. The one that usually gives me trouble now is the one at line 31, which is,"Scheming on a thing that's a mirage."
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral wrote:
muna wrote:

I use to have problems with that one too. Don't try to hold out the "keep," say it real quick. Once I did that, I hit that phrase about 90% of the time now. The one that usually gives me trouble now is the one at line 31, which is,"Scheming on a thing that's a mirage."

I have trouble with that too...usually when I hit mirage, I have about half of a circle =| trying to work on it more.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
themoron111  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: I did really good Reply with quote

As struggling with 1st place with this song (me and someone else alternate like every day), I think I figured out a really good path. Just wait for the second activation, and use it there. Then it should last the rest of the song.
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have discovered, singing talky parts tonally helps tremendously. I improved my score on this one when I tried to say all the words in a low, monotonous tone. Then I realized that the tone I was using was very close to the tonic note of the song. I tried it again, singing the words to the tonic note, and FC'd the first half of the song, hitting phrases I'd never hit before.

The worth of this method is most evident on the "Why____" phrase. For me, yelling or saying the phrase causes the meter to fill up slowly, and usually results in a full meter right at the end of the phrase, if at all. Most of the times that I sing the phrase on the tonic note, I fill the meter two or three beats before the end of the phrase.

For those of us who didn't take music theory, the tonic note is the bottom note of the scale in the key the song is in. It's the note the bass plays for most of the song.
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDecoy wrote:
As others have discovered, singing talky parts tonally helps tremendously. I improved my score on this one when I tried to say all the words in a low, monotonous tone. Then I realized that the tone I was using was very close to the tonic note of the song. I tried it again, singing the words to the tonic note, and FC'd the first half of the song, hitting phrases I'd never hit before.

The worth of this method is most evident on the "Why____" phrase. For me, yelling or saying the phrase causes the meter to fill up slowly, and usually results in a full meter right at the end of the phrase, if at all. Most of the times that I sing the phrase on the tonic note, I fill the meter two or three beats before the end of the phrase.

For those of us who didn't take music theory, the tonic note is the bottom note of the scale in the key the song is in. It's the note the bass plays for most of the song.

And what key is Sabotage in?
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A flat.
Vixenita  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I have issues with the "Scheming on a thing that's a mirage" and the "I can't stand it" at the beginning of verse 4.

Any tips?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vixenita
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vixenita wrote:
Hmm. I have issues with the "Scheming on a thing that's a mirage" and the "I can't stand it" at the beginning of verse 4.

Any tips?

i heard singing monotone helps a lot with the song, which is weird.

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violinhero suggested using a hard 'g' for mirage instead of the 'r'(like saying it as "migg-aj"). I've had better luck using a 't'. ("mitt-aj"), but I would say all in all I get that phrase maybe 25% of the time and a lot of it has to do with timing.

The other phrases that have kept me from GS'ing or FC'ing this are:

The 2nd 'Listen all of y'all...': This one seems to work differently than the 1st and 3rd for whatever reason and the only way I can get it is to speak softly, put emphasis on the 's' in sabotage and end the word somewhat quickly. I still miss it a lot though.

Listen all of y'all it's a....I-------: I've gotten this once. When I got it, I started the 'I' and then rapidly shot my voice up and the disc spun full really quickly. Since then I haven't been able to figure out the timing.

As far as the start of verse 4 goes, I say each word quickly and sharply. "I CAN'T STAND it, I know you PLANNED it", almost like I'm trying to get my point across to someone who's not paying attention.
Vixenita  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've done this song about 100 times at this point, I sound like a boy, and my roommates are laughing hysterically. Especially now that I say "Mi-tt-aj". hahaha.

I'm still being a major failure at this song, but I can almost always get the "Listen all of ya'll it's a ..... I..." with the shooting my voice up thing now. The other two issues are the ones you mentioned, but I'm sure I'll get lucky one of these days.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vixenita
GuestWednesday  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I did really good Reply with quote

themoron111 wrote:
As struggling with 1st place with this song (me and someone else alternate like every day), I think I figured out a really good path. Just wait for the second activation, and use it there. Then it should last the rest of the song.

Thanks. That's

4/Imm Sq

for anyone else who was skimming the thread looking for some numbers and not paying attention to the words
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joke, my high score that was 73k was beat by my new score :76k. You know what i did? I hit my hand against th mic with full sensitivity in rhythm with the words. I thought I had tried everything. And now I can say, that all the precise singing on this song for me, could not amount to me not singing or talking at all. Well done Harmonix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: