FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/17 DLC - Avenged Sevenfold, The Offspring, and Crooked X!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfrexia wrote:
ToradtheIdiot wrote:
Glad I didn't find a sh*tstorm over the politics of Critical Acclaim when I got here. That said, I'm going to risk starting one because I want to talk about it.

To begin, I respect A7x's right to write, perform and sell this song regardless of how I feel about its message. Not to mention, the guitar part is pretty fun, and the drum part looks very fun, so I get instrumentally why HMX chose this song.

With that said, I have to question why Harmonix would choose such a political song for DLC. Critical Acclaim is well written in that it forces me to be critical about its message and my own position; it makes me think deeply. This is not a good "rocking out" zone. I'm not very familiar with A7x's catalogue, but there must be at least a couple songs with just as good of instrument songs that let me rock out instead of being in dialog with the song's intellectual content. Did anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, I'm not a big of Critical Acclaim's right-wing propaganda, I love the rythm of the song, but I'm not too fond of the lyrics. Not at all.

Almost Easy would've made a better pick, or for a more epic feel, A Little Piece of Heaven.

they already put almost easy into gh3, and a little piece of heaven would be really easy except for the vocals.
I like critical acclaim, however i did question as to why they put this one in there, probably a better choice would have been scream, chapter four, or seize the day.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Starz007  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Avenged Sevenfold songs. I'm not a big fan of the band, but they are pretty tough... That one solo killed me!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory on the A7X songs chosen is because they were looking to put the two best-known A7X songs in the game. Afterlife was voted best song of the new album on the band's Myspace, whereas Critical Acclaim was the album's first single. They might've wanted to release Almost Easy too, but complications arose possibly because of it being in GH3. It's a shame, just listen to that drum part.

My hopes are that they wanted to get some new songs out and will release older songs in the future in a pack (I Won't See You Tonight Parts 1 & 2, The Wicked End, and Sidewinder please. )

Anyways though, both songs are fun and during the rants you can say whatever you want and it wont penalize you, so go crazy. I'm also glad to see another A7X song in the "only crazy people will FC this" category. Though I'm not so glad it was also in the "be the first RB song I sightread failed on."

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheeto865 wrote:
flyndtmn22 wrote:
Belvadier wrote:
IMO: Afterlife will not be FCed on guitar. That solo is too brutal, but I've been wrong before...fun/god song though.

I think "will not be FCed" is a little extreme. If Jordan and TTFATF can be FCed, anything can be (so far). Give it time and I'm sure someone will nail it with enough practice.

True, but there's also the difference in the engines (timing window specifically) and hyperspeed. Hyperspeed was used in the first FC of Jordan and in the FC of TTFAF, correct? So it would definitely help.
And I bet the "Red Snake" of TTFAF would be impossible to combo in Rock Band.
Plus, GGaHT is definitely easier, yet it still hasn't been FC'd.

Ok maybe I am grasping for straws here but part of the reason I think some RB songs haven't been FCed is because there are so damned many songs! With 3 - 6 new songs released each week it constantly gives us new tasks to conquer. 190+ songs for RB as compared to 130+ for GH3.
Also, I think another factor that lead to TTFAF being FCed is because I think people did see it as impossible and therefore devoted a ton of time to it. FCing TTFAF is like photographing the Loch Ness Monster. My guess is that people are generally passive about FCing the harder RB songs because they feel like, "Eh, they'll be done sooner or later..." because they don't have the air of impossibility. But hey what do I know?
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
My theory on the A7X songs chosen is because they were looking to put the two best-known A7X songs in the game. Afterlife was voted best song of the new album on the band's Myspace, whereas Critical Acclaim was the album's first single. They might've wanted to release Almost Easy too, but complications arose possibly because of it being in GH3. It's a shame, just listen to that drum part.

My hopes are that they wanted to get some new songs out and will release older songs in the future in a pack (I Won't See You Tonight Parts 1 & 2, The Wicked End, and Sidewinder please. )

Anyways though, both songs are fun and during the rants you can say whatever you want and it wont penalize you, so go crazy. I'm also glad to see another A7X song in the "only crazy people will FC this" category. Though I'm not so glad it was also in the "be the first RB song I sightread failed on."

unfortunately i dont think critical acclaim is nearly as well known as bat country

edit : just thought of something, just cuz a song was in gh3 doesnt mean that is gonna stop rb from puting the song into their game, hasnt really stopped them before (Sabotage, When You Were Young, Cherub Rock, Paranoid, Piece of Mind, Mississippi Queen, Reptilia)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
saxuallyAPeasing wrote:

unfortunately i dont think critical acclaim is nearly as well known as bat country

edit : just thought of something, just cuz a song was in gh3 doesnt mean that is gonna stop rb from puting the song into their game, hasnt really stopped them before (Sabotage, When You Were Young, Cherub Rock, Paranoid, Piece of Mind, Mississippi Queen, Reptilia)

How can you be so sure that Bat Country is more well known? Critical Acclaim is A7X's first single since they got popular. Sure Bat Country is better but that doesn't make it more well known.

It's entirely possible that Neversoft took one listen to the drum part and got an exclusive deal with that song, just because they figured Harmonix would want it eventually. Sounds petty, but you know Neversoft, that would kill any future sales of the Modern Metal Pack. Another possibility is Harmonix just didn't want to release another GH3 song this time.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it seems to be the fact of they got most of their popularity from their last album, and bat country.
bat country's music video was number one on mtv's trl for like a week or 2 i dont know the total number but still, it was getting voted over all of the mainstream music.

hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat Country is what made them popular. Period. That song was played on the radio like crazy and was even huge on MTV. I even think they won best breakout artist or something that year, despite having already had two previous albums.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Spot2004  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit what a solo (Afterlife)! Damn, I was thinking aobut buying it, but damn that solo is a challenge.

Might be an easy tap, though.
[x] 420/420* - Endless Setlist 2
[ ] G* Rude Mood
Customs/Previews (8/1)
Newest: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
Preview: Hearts Burst Into Fire - Bullet for My Valentine
FaithNoMore  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:

How can you be so sure that Bat Country is more well known? Critical Acclaim is A7X's first single since they got popular. Sure Bat Country is better but that doesn't make it more well known.

It's entirely possible that Neversoft took one listen to the drum part and got an exclusive deal with that song, just because they figured Harmonix would want it eventually. Sounds petty, but you know Neversoft, that would kill any future sales of the Modern Metal Pack. Another possibility is Harmonix just didn't want to release another GH3 song this time.

bat country was like.......number 1 on trl before. critical acclaim, not so much

so yeah, tis popular.

and also....last.fm tracks listening habits. for avenged sevenfold these are the top 10 songs of the last six months

– 1 Bat Country
– 2 Beast and the Harlot
– 3 Almost Easy
– 4 Unholy Confessions
– 5 Seize the Day
– 6 Critical Acclaim
– 7 Afterlife
– 8 Scream
– 9 Blinded in Chains
– 10 Burn It Down

just saying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BobAgentOfHydra
turb0time  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man afterlife is tough! with practice i was able to get around 82-85%. I've been trying to hit that GS cutoff but I fall short everytime by like 18k.

Anyways, I hope they do a full album DLC for "Waking the Fallen"... I know I'm dreaming lol.
Lamabait  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know why you can't get the songs for the PS3 yet ? I'm wanting to play these songs really bad and they aren't even available to download, and it is Thursday so it should of been updated already.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am seriously getting fed up with waiting, i patientially waited 2 extra days for these songs, and was hoping to wake up to them being on the playstation store, but where the hell are they? sony best get their act together.

gionta1222  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same as you guys. I woke up expecting to buy them and there not there. It's currently 12:15 over here in the East. I'm pissed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: h Reply with quote

what does FC mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: