FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Framingham, MA SAT 08/02/08 Rock Band Tournament 1pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic3dx wrote:
Since we use the store's HD and my HD for the tournament, the only songs that cant be picked in the tournament are songs that aren't on both. The store has every single song, all DlC. I have 90% of all the DLC, but i would just like to let people know in advance which ones i don't have.

Does this mean that bands can choose DLC? It seems kind of unfair to force a sightread run on bands that don't have every single song.
Shoombabi  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERBiC wrote:
Obviously I can bring my own drumkit (thank god, I don't trust other people's to work) but can I bring my own non-stock pedal?
There's nothing particularly special about it, it's just a Dixon pedal I attached a reed switch to because I'm sick of snapping stock pedals. (The score stands at My Foot: 3. Stock Pedals: 0.)

I'm slightly worried about this too. I use all stock parts, but my set is every so slightly modded to make up for the deficiencies of the manufacturing. i.e. Metal plate on the pedal and felt on the drum heads, with real drum sticks instead of the crappy light ones. I don't imagine this being a problem, but I'd like to know ahead of time.
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both these drumsets will be acceptable at the Tournament....

I would highly highly highly recommend you bringing your own instruments.

THIS INCLUDES MICROPHONE

DRUMS
GUITAR!

You may use GH Guitar if you want as well.

This should be a SICK tournament! I've had several bands call the store already! I hope the band that won the last one makes it!
Crltler  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll actually bring a singer this time instead of finding one at the store =)

Definitely bring your own instruments guys, there's nothing wrong with the ones at the store but I'd rather not see a certain someone bitch about the mic and make us switch every single song... that backed up the tournament so much (in addition to a fair amount of other things, but with the new tournament rules it will hopefully go a bit quicker)
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out I'm going to the Boston and Styx concert later that day, which means I had to switch my shift at work so I could work earlier. This means I won't be able to make it . I'll DEFINITELY be going to the GH tourny at that same place later in the month, so I hope I see you all at that one. Good luck at the tourny everyone!

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet tournament! Met a lot of new people, sang a lot, a experienced general pwnage.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyadesd4 wrote:
Sweet tournament! Met a lot of new people, sang a lot, a experienced general pwnage.

I totally second that. And to anyone who is willing to come to pembroke and take on the d-unit on our home turf, you gotta come to this tournament coming up at keisters- details to follow. ill start a topic about it as soon as we get more info.

To all bands- you guys should post your scores on all the songs so we can constantly see how we stack up agaist each other!

Thanks to everyone- especillay our last-minute guitarist dave- tournament was fun as hell. Hope we get to play u guys again!
-MN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Master Nobody
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to try to make it to that other Tournament! Is it all ages?

Our next Tournament will be announced asap! It will be Rock Band 2 no downloadable content!
ERBiC  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is/was no tournament down in our area. The friend who told us about it was either BSing us or had no clue, because MN called Keisterz and they had no clue what he was talking about.

Either way, I'm out of drumming for at least a month or so due to surgery on my knee. Hopefully I can get back into it in time for the RB2 tourney at GU.
Openface  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I think we've got time for this one. I'm a pretty decent drummer (as in, nowhere near Gold Starring "Run to the Hills"), but my brother has won a few tournaments at Guitar and a worthy singer. Bass could use a little help, but...

Probably not gonna win, but it'll be fun.
mattyboy11  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Openface wrote:
Hmm...I think we've got time for this one. I'm a pretty decent drummer (as in, nowhere near Gold Starring "Run to the Hills"), but my brother has won a few tournaments at Guitar and a worthy singer. Bass could use a little help, but...

Probably not gonna win, but it'll be fun.

It's already happened...

YouTube Account
Sonic3dx  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the 9/20/08 thread!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: