FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
29 Fingers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My path:

4/before verse ("Twenty-nine fingers...")
2/before "We're the Konks, hey, hey, hey"
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck. This one's gonna take a while. Between the "ow" (which I actually hit once), "you better get outta the way!", and the last phrase, this song is a beast.

I, like everyone else, have the most trouble with the talky parts. Is there a technique to hitting them consistently? It's almost like each one needs to be done differently. For example, I've gotten some by screaming really high and raspily (the aforementioned "ow" or the last "God's blood!" in Ten Speed), holding the mic really close to my mouth (the first "woo" in Should I Stay), or deliberately speaking the words in a normal voice. Help?
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just did that today and hit the "ow" first time by accident and them I couldnt do it for the life of me for the next hour or two.

finally hit it again and i think this is what i did: i did a quick double cough as the "Ow" hit the meter line. I think the double helped.

hopefully that will help
araphin  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with the "fix" the ow is still brutal
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really had trouble with the "ow" in this song. I just sing "ooooh" (as in oooh, aaaah, you're amazed at something)
araphin  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i got it on the next try after your tip
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any tips on the brutal last line??? Just got a 99% 110,251 score, its disheartning being that close to the GS =(

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuznagi wrote:
any tips on the brutal last line??? Just got a 99% 110,251 score, its disheartning being that close to the GS =(

My tip is slide down slowly, watch your arrow, and notice that the slide pauses an octave below where it started.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In tonight's (or last night's, depending on how you think of it) score duel party, I got this song twice, and did epicly bad on it both times (not least because there's no such thing as a squeeze activation on this song). But I did nail every phrase in the song at least once. The first time I got the "Ow" and the second time I got "You better get out of the way." I got the slide at the end both times. In both cases on the talking lines, I sounded like I was dying of smoke-induced suffocation on the phrase that I got.

My real problem is that whatever I try that gets me past the "Ow" never works twice in a row - I once noted that my best impersonation of a helicopter got an easy awesome on it, and when I tried to reproduce it, it didn't even come close to working. Same thing with saying Huh-Huuuuuh, growling and hacking and coughing like a heavy smoker. Any variation on actually saying "Ow" has never worked for me. After awhile, I'm going to start getting frustrated that I can't GS or FC this song due primarily to those two phrases.

So I guess my point is, any other tips on getting those two phrases? I haven't managed to get Hobo's "ooooh" to work yet, but maybe it's a timing thing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Arganbright  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang it, hit every phrase except the very last one with the sliding note, but still able to GS it.

note to any vocalist reading: i noticed that dogfoodnyc (in his youtube video of this online) sings in the original octave of the singer. i, on the other hand, sing this song an octave low, which, now that i realize it, makes the very end of the sliding phrase 2 octaves lower than the actual guy, which is probably why i missed it

so, if you sing this song an octave low like i do, what i recommend (and what i'll try next time i come back to this song), just sing the entire song an octave low like you usually do, but take the very last phrase in the original octave of the singer so that the very end of the last phrase isn't like a super low E, or whatever that actual note would be.

^^^ this is what i meant to do when i just redid the song, but you get caught up in the moment and i still sang the last phrase an octave low, which is why i missed it, lol, so just make sure you're ready to switch octaves

Band=The Blue Devilz (#9 by fans PS3 April 2008)
#13 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 1 (May 2008) -- (50/55 gold*)
#11 overall in PS3 vox Rock Band 2 (October 2008) -- (42 golds)
Venganza01  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally convinced the "Ow____" is purely timing based. I said the exact same "ow" the same way in a normal tone half a dozen times and after the 3rd time I started to look at where I started. When I started right as phrase-start lined up, I would most likely get an Awesome.

As far as the "you better get out of the way" phrase, for me at least, it seems to be sketchy everytime, no matter how I say it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my original tip of going "ohhhhhh" or "oooooh." I've almost never missed the "ow" while doing this.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo, you rarely post. but when you do, it's like gold ^_^

My YouTube Channel
SpaankThru  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, i just had a run where i hit both the horid talky parts but missed other stuff =(

Ow - Do it like th leader singer does, pretty much shout it and dont sound it out

You'd better get outta the way! - Same as above, shout it like the lead singer does

this worked for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: