FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
N00b to Mastery: Bass Asphyx1ated Wins with 80 5 Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doobers  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you do the intro part? What I do is just strum every note, i'm terrible at odd struming so thats how I do. I'm going to try to devote my intire day tommarow to this rivalry. I have about 4 more hours of songs to complete, not including restarts. So I might just knock this one out tommarow. ;p

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doobers wrote:
How do you do the intro part? What I do is just strum every note, i'm terrible at odd struming so thats how I do. I'm going to try to devote my intire day tommarow to this rivalry. I have about 4 more hours of songs to complete, not including restarts. So I might just knock this one out tommarow. ;p

When I do it, I don't strum any of the hammer-ons, and I hold down the lowest note (red at the very beginning on bass, green everywhere else) the whole time. If you try playing it on Hard, learn that rhythm, hold down the strummed note when hitting the hammer-ons. You can actually play it almost the exact same way on Expert, just as long as you are sure to release the hammer-ons to hit the pull-offs.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Asphyx1ateD  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doobers wrote:

I definitely only strum that's required but I dunno how to describe it. I know the song so well since DT are one of my fave 5 bands, so I find getting the rhythm of it really natural. Also I'm pretty sure the bass intro riff crops up in the guitar chart so I've probably played it before heh.

I don't anchor anything, unlike Kawigi, though.

Previous Metal Gear Solid 4 World Record holder
PS3 Trophy Card / 360 Gamercard

PSN: PhantoM- // Platinum Guitarist
Expert Guitar/Drums (Ions) - DLC Quickplay
The Beatles, Green Day and Rock Band 3 (with RB1 RB2, Lego, Green Day and AC/DC exports)
Guitar Hero 3, World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, GH5, Band Hero, Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Asphyx1ateD PSN Name: PhantoM-
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the OP. doobers: nice scores, now you just need more of them to leave us in the dust ;)

And sorry I haven't been as gungho about this rivalry as I should be. I got carried away with drums this week, and the stupid notch on the yellow fret on my guitar keeps killing my fingers. Anyway, I'll keep at it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I can't 5* Panic Attack at all. Tried Painkiller and got about 4 and a half on my Bass SR. Doable, though.

Re-did a few scores but haven't updated yet. Wanna do a substantial amout of songs before I bother with the effort of getting photos off my camera and updating SH.

I also tried Visions on Bass for the first time in Solo play. It's been a while since I played it on Guitar so I wasn't used to the straing the pattern puts on me. Got a few nice combos but ultimately failed at 97%. Frustration overload.

---

Edit:

Did my uploading now, re-did 2 songs so they were FCs and some fresh SR scores.

New stats:

38/80 5*
19/70 G*
15/60 FCs

---

Edit AGAIN. Played some more:

50/80 5*
24/70 G*
20/60 FCs

The Beatles, Green Day and Rock Band 3 (with RB1 RB2, Lego, Green Day and AC/DC exports)
Guitar Hero 3, World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, GH5, Band Hero, Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Asphyx1ateD PSN Name: PhantoM-
Asphyx1ateD  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either of you guys played any more Bass the last week?

I'm trying to FC Lump atm. Just had 2 attempts, second was a -1. Definitely doable. I can't Gold it though Lol.

--

Edit: FCed Lump, yay. Got a few others, too.

New scores:

62/80 5*
31/70 G*
27/60 FCs

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Sorry I haven't been playing often. I'll update OP, you're definitely in the lead though. I've been a bit distracted with going back to work and upcoming deadlines at work, so I'll be playing a bit in the future. Good luck and keep grinding.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I've just been enjoying it more so played a lot more. I'm back at work now, too, and I am also learning to drive (3rd lesson in 3 days today) so that's taking up some time :P

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for passing Shackler's Revenge and an update of the OP. I'm glad you guys are just as dedicated as me to this, that is, when you have time to do it you sometimes do

I'm pretty excited about Shackler's Revenge actually, since it was one of the 3 on disc songs I couldn't pass on Bass before I started this rivalry. That's the point anyway, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, I haven't played through frustration last few days if anything, but I've also cooled it down as I didn't wanna get so far ahead that you guys may lose motivation to carry on, as I really like this rivalry. It's my first one anyway lol.

Edit:

Hit the halfway mark for Golds and just passed it for FCs! Got a few SRFCs and re-did De-Luxe to get the FC. I only need Round and Round now to get the first tier FC

5 Stars: 71 of 80
Gold Stars: 35 of 70
FCs: 31 of 60
Career score: 9,258,353

Asphyx1ateD  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs passed: 81/84
5 Stars: 80 of 80!
Gold Stars: 37 of 70
FCs: 33 of 60
Career score: 10,500,932

So yeah, first of our goals reached I can't 5* Shoulder to the Plow or Ace of Spades for the life of me, and I pretty much can barely 4* Chop Suey if I ever get a good run on it. That song is pretty much my worst on disc one for Guitar and Bass, I dunno why I find it so hard. I entered my 2nd runn on Visions (failed the SR) for the hell of it.

Oh, and I choked Round and Round AGAIN. It's the last FC I need fo the first tier.

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that technically means you won. I'm kinda glad actually cause things around here have been building up in real life stuff. My kid's about to start school, wife having surgery problems, and me trying to win this Facebook photo contest(see my sig ), so I really hadn't had enough time to keep up with this. Congrats, I'll update OP as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I haven't been really active in this rivalry, both my guitars preety much died, and I have to admit, Iv'e been playing drums alot. I have kinda of been wanting to start my own rivalry with some kind of point system but I don't know the specifics yet. Hope your wife gets better. Sorry about not being active.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll update this after I get home today(9pm EST). Sorry Asphyx1ated, you've earned your glory. And my praise for making me improve a little on guitar/bass. I can now help my wife finish ESL on Expert Bass, up until Panic Attack or Visions, can't remember which one comes first.

This rivalry has taught me something though. I'm a drummer first, that's what I like doing on Rock Band. I can play guitar or bass if needed but I more enjoy drumming. Tbh my heart wasn't into this like it was in Kawigi/sunfan's drum rivalry.

P.S. Thanks for doing the facebook thing for me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visions is first, then Panic Attack.

And congratz Asphixiated (not gonna both spching that)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: