FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OneManBand - Winner - ES942!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: OneManBand - Winner - ES942! Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS ES942!

And congratulations to Rocker74 for making it to the finals, but running into
the stiffest of competition.

Thank you SOO much to everyone who participated and helped make this a really fun concept - which is now an official league.

Even though nivlac and I never received much credit or any feedback from mods/admins for this concept - we still feel good since this was such
a successful rivalry, and the fact that it is indeed an official league now.

PLAYOFFS: FINALS Song: Cherub Rock
Standings are online, click the website link below

Enter Scores at http://rockband.awardspace.com*
*This is not a rival site to scorehero but merely a companion site to this thread for the sole purpose of managing score submissions

*PRIZE* - We'll be giving away a prize to the winner (let's just say it will help your drumming... at least in the long run. Will announce later.)

Playoff Matches

SemiFinals Matchups: (winners in red)

#1 ES942
-vs-
#5 jerridthomas79

#2 Rocker74
-vs-
#3 nivlac

Semi-Final Playoff Scores will be on Due Sat May 17th @ 11:59PM EDT. Short week, so get crackin'!

How this works and scoring

* Six weeks -- then playoffs, separated into divisions, seeded accordingly
* One song per week
* Weeks 2-5 will be "Spotlight Weeks" and will have focus and bonus points on one particular instrument (see below for details)
* Each participant will complete that song on guitar, bass, drums and vocals. No combining vocals and another instrument
* You will play each instrument for that song on the Hard difficulty only
* You will submit scores for each instrument you play - see website above

Scoring:
* 100 point max score per instrument; 125 for the spotlight instrument
* 150 point max score for total (each week)
* 550 point max possible score (weeks 1 and 6)
* 575 point max possible score (weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5)

Spotlight Week
The song's for weeks 2-5 will be a feature for one of the instruments, featuring a more difficult song for the featured instrument.
For example, GGaHT maybe the song chosen, featuring lead guitar. Your scores for this song on guitar will be worth a max score of 125pts, while the other three instruments will still be out of 100.

Scoring problem with vocals on ps2 versus 360/ps3
There are some songs with tambourine/cowbell parts that add multipliers to your score on ps2 - which it does Not do on 360/ps3.
For those songs - if they are selected, we will handicap the ps2 scores to make as close to 100% fare as we can.

Example: Song is Don't Fear the Reaper.
The top score for ps2 is 181K and for 360 is 170K. these are both very high scoring FCs (maybe even optimal).
so, 181/170 = 94%.

So, let's say I score 120K on this song, but Darin scores 130K. I would take Darin's 130K and x by .94 to get 122,200. This would be his adjusted-handicapped score - which in all honestly is pretty damn close to what it would be minus the multiplier.

This way we don't leave out the ps2 people, or have to separate them into a different category.

Last edited by jerridthomas79 on Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 am; edited 117 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Serges  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO in.

We'll figure out the specifics as we go along.

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
nivlac  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds delicious. It's a shame "super-awesome-fantastic hard drummer panelist" can't be my title.

I've got waaay too many suggestions for this as I've run leagues/tournaments for other games before, but I don't have the time to type 'em all out right now. Later tonight (after Endless Setlist) I will :P.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now that I have some time let me throw down some ideas here...

"ScoreHero Standard League Option"
There's a couple of different ways we could do the regular season. The easiest way would probably be the Scorehero way, where we simply have a set of songs to play each week and we total up the scores for x amount of weeks then have a playoff.

"World Cup Option"
We could also do a "World Cup" style competition where we seperate everybody into pools of 4 players. For example, we might have Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D (assuming 16 ppl) and you would play some round-robin 1-on-1 matches against everyone else in your group. Perhaps a match would consist of 3 songs, cumulative score or something like that. Score 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss. After the round-robin, take the 2 highest point totals in each group and start an 8 man tournament.

"Knockout League"
Another league type thing we could do is a "Knockout" league. This would be kinda similar to the scorehero league setup except every week, perhaps starting the 2nd or 3rd week you would eliminate the person on the bottom of the cumulative standings. Play another week, eliminate the person on the bottom and so on and so forth until the dust clears and one remains. The only problem with this is if you make an early exit you might be waiting a while for the next one.

"Survivor League"
This would be similar to the Knockout league one with major exception. There are no cumulative standings (this makes everyone vulnerable each week). Each week you'd play the chosen setlist of songs but instead of the person on the bottom automatically being eliminated you give that person a chance to challenge any one of the bottom 3 players for that given week. The "challenge" would be a 1-on-1 score duel on a single song, perhaps randomly determined OR selected by the person who was challenged (this gives the chalengee a chance to defend themselves)

"Renaissance (One Man Band) League"
This sounds the most interesting to me. Obviously we're all pretty good at drumming, that's why we're in this thread. But what about the other instruments? Perhaps we do league where we "one man band" a song every week. You separately score all 4 instruments and combine total scores that way. The Renaissance league can imitate any of the other league styles above if wanted. (ie. we could have a World Cup style competition and make it a Renaissance league) We may be able to get some of the other Hard league peoples into this kind of a competition and have a bigger league w/ hard singers, guitarists etc). Everyone would kind of have an 'advantage' on their instrument of choice.

This is all I have right now. Suggestions, comments?

BTW, I also have some webspace I'm not using at the moment as well as a forum setup. I could set us up a league forum/webpage to visit and track scores/songs for the week etc etc. The webpage wouldn't be anything special, but at least we'd have more than just a single thread here to talk about it.

Last edited by nivlac on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: nivlac919
bt6297  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "Renaissance (One Man Band) League" Idea. I am not quiet at 8 Mil but if we did all instuments it would add more people like me into this competion. And that = FUN
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

I like these.
Diggin' on the One Man Band one - always kinda wanted to do this too!

I'm gonna get some sleep (just got back from long work trip) and get on this a little tomorrow

me likes

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Serges  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig the idea of a renaissance rivalry.

What about having a tournament-style setup?

One I've used in the past (mind you, for karaoke contests) was to pair everyone up randomly each week and have them compete directly against each other. Winners obviously advance, but I implemented a wild-card system for the non-winners that basically meant that 3 out of 4 people advanced each week.

Not exactly sure what criteria we would use to determine wild cards, but something to consider as a structural option.

(Perhaps you play 2 songs each week... 1 in versus mode, the other for WC standings so that everyone is on the same field)

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you twisted my arm into it haha, I'm so down for this, as long as I can keep my #1 on H Vox without this interfering lol. I'm down for any of the types nivlac suggested, but I do like the One Man Band and World Cup Ideas the best. Also, when do you think this will start? I'd prefer after the 16th of March, cause thats when I'm back from Spring Break and I won't be able to play much during that time.

jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've thought about it - i think the One Man Band idea is my favorite.

Obviously I see a front-runner here (points at sburymadness), but i DID beat the Hard vocals tour (not too impressive if you compare my scores to sbury's)

But overall i like this one best.
I say we go for it.
Maybe we just rename this Rivalry thread subject to:
"One Man Band - Hard - Everyone Invited"

something like this to grab more attention, and interest more players to want to play.

I think keeping it on hard makes it more attractive.

Let's talk scoring.
Say we do 2 songs per week, 1 song from say a Sunday - Wed, another from Thurs - Sat. (just an idea)

Take each songs scores for each instrument: guitar, bass, vocals, drums --> post individual score + the total score for all instruments combined:
i.e. guitar = 125,000; bass = 89,000; drums = 142,000; vocals = 50,000; total score for this song = 396,000.

Any other thoughts on how to do this?

Start date after Mar 16th (works for me too, i'm out of town again from 5th - 17th... but then i DO have to move into my new house!!) so maybe we just shoot for an April 6th start date, gives me time to get settled, and should be enough for leagues to be close to done.

I'm excited - i've always wanted to do something like this.

ALSO - here's the idea i put in the "League ideas" thread... anyone like this? maybe apply it to the one-man-band idea too.

Code:
We could set it up like the NBA, or basically name team captains, and have a 5-man roster.

EDIT: or just a 3-man roster (might be easier)

Each week, teams will play a 2 to 3 song set, each member of the team plays, totall combined scores for each player and all songs is what determines winner.

Selection process. Players given A, B, C ranking based on scorehero rank.
Team to have 1 A (this would be like a top 50 player), 2 Bs (top 400), 2 Cs (the rest)

Scoring example:
Songs - SLow Ride, Cliffs, One
Team 1 scores = (for all 5 members = 1,000,000 on Slow RIde, 1,250,000 on cliffs, 2,200,000 on One) 4,450,000
Team 2 scores = 4,250,000

Stats would be either Wins and Losses (like previous NFL league idea) OR
take every team's total score, and award pts like current all all previous leagues.

Team captains would be nominations and would be the 'A' player, who then pic among the remaining members, or we could just have a random draw (probably quicker)

sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the One Man Band idea is the way to go too, it'd be so much fun. But question: Do we have to play each instrument on expert? Or which ever difficulty gives us the highest score okay?

Serges  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemed like the premise was to play each instrument on hard, not expert.

By the way, I'm in for One Man Band. I should probably dust off the microphone at some point, right? Although maybe remove the Bass from the equation since it gives more bias to the guitar interface, and those who are great on said interface. OK with it either way though.

I'm thinking send out invites to the top 10-20 people on each instrument on Hard. Let's make this a big one.

Not sure if I understand the NBA idea. Maybe a little further explanation?

Oh, and vote for me. (Points to sig)

jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
I think the One Man Band idea is the way to go too, it'd be so much fun. But question: Do we have to play each instrument on expert? Or which ever difficulty gives us the highest score okay?

I thought about this a little before you posted.
Maybe we keep the level of play open. Meaning, if you can really wail, playing on Expert will give you a points advantage, if you can combo the song with a high % rate.

If i can sing a tune on Hard, but know i can score 10K more on Med, maybe I play drums on hard, sing on Med, guitar/bass on exert. Be a lot of possibilities, and I AM open to this idea.

to keep it easier, we can just say - "do everything on hard" - but to ad some more challenges and strategy to the mix we can leave difficulty open (in case some people can't finish a song on hard for drums or vocals, etc.) - this would eliminate people that want in, but can't pass a song on the set difficulty level.

Serges  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I still like the idea of a "hard" rivalry. So my suggestion would be to make it open, but no expert allowed. Hard would be the highest (and encouraged) difficulty. Otherwise, this loses some of its intrigue. This way, we avoid guitar/vox who just can't pass songs like FP/LT, RTTH, etc. on hard drums, and vice versa (GG&HT et al.)

sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, we should make Hard the highest difficulty you can play on.

jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a set difficulty for me sounds just fine.

However, saying okay - your songs are Run to the Hills and GGaHT this week, many still can't pass those on hard, but saying you can play them on any difficulty means, you stand a chance to score more by playing at a higher difficulty and at the same time, allows people who struggle on certain songs to drop down a level and still get somewhat of a good score to post.

I suppose once we have this all ironed out, we start a POLL (even though doing so scares me, it feels like starting a poll on scorehero anymore is like snooping your parents' closet for hidden xmas presents)

EDIT: yes, and we could cap the difficulty to Hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 1 of 62

Jump to: